Wondering how to add your freebie PDF to Wix for download for your subscribers? In this Wix freebie tutorial, you'll learn all about adding an email opt in form in Wix, collecting emails and building an email list in Wix. So let's get right into this Wix email optin form video on how to set up automated emails in Wix.
We'll be using an email marketing software called ConvertKit to set up this freebie sending system so that you can add your freebie PDF to Wix for download for your subscribers on autopilot. If you don’t have a ConvertKit account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free.
Once you've logged into your ConvertKit account, click on 'grow' from the panel up top, and then on 'landing pages and forms'. On the landing pages and forms page, click on the red 'create new’ button.
You will be prompted with two options on how to gather subscribers: 'form' and 'landing page'. Click on ‘form’. As for your form’s display format, which is the next question that pops up, click on 'inline', and as for your form template, locate the Clare template, and then click on 'choose' next to it.
You can rename the ConvertKit optin form you'll be adding to your Wix website by clicking on the pencil icon next to where it says 'Clare form', and changing that to your freebie's name. For instance, I'll add Freebie PDF.
As you can see, this form is just requesting your subscribers to enter their email address. To edit that email address field, click on it, and then under this 'field styles' panel, change its label, font color, border color, border radius and font weight.
The same goes for the subscribe button. To edit it, click on it, and then under this 'button styles' panel, change its font color, background color, border radius and font weight. If you wish to change the word subscribe to something else, such as to download now, you can do so directly from the button.
To insert a first name field, in addition to this email address field, click on the plus icon below the opt in form. To reorder the fields, click on the handle that appears between the two fields and drag the new field so that it appears before the email address field.
You can customize this custom field from the options that appear on the right. From this first dropdown, make sure that custom field is selected rather than tag.
From this custom field dropdown, select first name. If you wish, you can change the custom field label, toggle whether this custom field is required or not, delete the field if you no longer want it to appear, and edit its font color, border color, border radius and font weight.
Remember to click on ‘save’ on the top, right-hand side once you have finished making edits to your ConvertKit opt in form. To edit the opt in form’s incentive email that's sent out automatically after someone subscribes to this ConvertKit form on your Wix website, so that they get your freebie PDF for download on autopilot, click on settings up top.
Click on 'incentive' on the left-hand side, and make sure that 'send incentive email' has a green checkmark next to it. To customize this incentive email, click on 'edit email contents'. Add your email from address, and edit the email's subject line, as well as the message. You can even customize the text that appears on the 'confirm your subscription' button to say something like 'download your freebie PDF here'.
Once you've finished editing the incentive email that will be sent after someone fills out your opt in form, click on 'save' at the bottom. To link that button we just customized to your freebie, locate where it says 'after confirming redirect to', and then click on 'download' instead of 'URL'.
Click on ‘choose a file’, select the freebie PDF you wish to send to your subscribers after they opt in from your documents, and then click on 'open'. Again, remember to click on ‘save’ at the bottom once you've finished making your edits.
To get the embed code of this ConvertKit form to add to your Wix website, click on ‘publish’ on the top, right-hand side, and then on ‘HTML’. Copy the entire piece of code that appears.
To add your freebie PDF to Wix for download for your subscribers, head over to your Wix account - if you don't have a Wix account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free - locate the website you wish to add the email opt in form you just created on, hover your mouse over it, and then click on the pencil icon to access the Wix editor.
Click on the pages dropdown menu on the top, left-hand side, and select the page you wish to add the email opt in form to. If you wish to add your freebie PDF to Wix for download for your subscribers on a new page on your Wix website, rather than on an existing page, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Make Separate Pages In Your Wix Website'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once on the page that you wish to add the email opt in form on, click on 'add' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'embed'. Under this 'custom embeds' section, click on 'embed a widget'.
From the HTML box's individual toolbar, click on 'enter code'. Make sure that code is selected rather than web address. Paste the email opt in form code you copied from ConvertKit in the space provided, and then click on 'apply' at the bottom.
If the form isn't appearing correctly, make sure to resize the HTML box by clicking and dragging the white circles. To make your changes active, and successfully add your freebie PDF to Wix for download for your subscribers, make sure to click on 'save' and then on 'publish' on the top, right-hand side.
If you wish to embed this opt in form on your Wix website on a landing page, but don't know how to create one, make sure to check out my landing page tutorials playlist, where I have a number of Wix landing page tutorials that you can check out.
To embed this email opt in form into your Wix blog rather than into a page on your Wix website, click on the Wix logo on the top, left-hand side, and then on 'blog' from the left-hand side panel. Locate the blog post you wish to add the email opt in form on, and then click on it.
Click on the location within the blog post you wish to place the email opt in form, and then click on the plus icon that appears on the left-hand side of that line. Scroll down until you reach this 'from the web' section, and then click on 'HTML code'.
Make sure that HTML code is selected rather than web address. Paste the email opt in form code you copied from ConvertKit in the space provided, and then click on 'save' at the bottom. Click on 'publish' on the top, right-hand side to make your changes active.
To see how this form with your freebie PDF works in action, open up the web page you placed the email opt in form or the blog post you just published, and fill out the form with your information. When you open up your email, you'll notice that there will be an email from you waiting for you to take action. Once you click on the button in that email, your freebie will automatically open up, which you can download to your computer.
If you're serious about adding your freebie PDF to Wix for download for your subscribers, make sure to sign up for a free Wix account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Wix tutorials playlist for even more Wix tips and tricks, as well as our FREE Complete Website Creation Guide below this video to learn more about how to create your own website step-by-step without stress or overwhelm.
Leave a comment below and let me know what's the freebie you'll be adding to your Wix website for your subscribers to download. If you liked this video, make sure to give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about the Wix creator app. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
WIX FREEBIE: Add Your Freebie PDF To Wix For Download For Your Subscribers. Wondering how to add your freebie PDF to Wix for download for your subscribers? In this Wix freebie tutorial, you'll learn all about adding an email opt in form in Wix, collecting emails and building an email list in Wix. So let's get right into this Wix email optin form video on how to set up automated emails in Wix. If you've been searching for Wix email support on adding an email subscriber form on Wix using Wix shoutout, this email optin Wix video is for you. Get ready to send emails in Wix.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Complete Website Creation Guide: https://www.yestotech.com/complete-website-creation-guide
○ Try Convertkit For FREE: https://convertkit.com?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ How To Make Separate Pages In Your Wix Website: https://youtu.be/FYtkLh0irwE
○ Landing Page Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s_Dl8BgVlI&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqtqzVg4P9QC7nAxc4TKKxlF
○ Wix Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBbnbmCPEg&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqvDRl3aCifnia27BYFqpYgR
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/59k4S
○ How To Make Money With Wix: https://youtu.be/IbNF2G821a4
○ How To Use The Wix Mobile Editor: https://youtu.be/9H2RwxrXWTw
○ Wix Website Tutorial On The Wix Editor X: https://youtu.be/Ac4e7wAaAqE
○ Wix Members Area Tutorial: https://youtu.be/hJYlGvkvISg
○ How To Create A Wix Full Width Slider: https://youtu.be/KMLWUX37TIs
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!