Wondering how to create a glowing outline in Canva? In this Canva tutorial, you’ll learn how to add a glow outline effect around your photos in Canva. If you want to add a white outline effect instead, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to outline a picture for thumbnails on YouTube’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
By the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to use Canva to easily add a glowing effect around your photos to take them to the next level. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, subscribe for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, use the search bar, or the suggested designs on your Canva homepage, to locate the design type you’d like to add an image with a glowing outline to, such as an Instagram post. Once that option populates, click on it.
You can either add a glowing outline effect to one of Canva’s photos or to one you uploaded yourself. To select one of Canva’s photos, click on ‘photos’ from the left-hand side panel, and either use the search bar to locate a photo of your choice, such as ‘blogger’, or scroll down this section to locate a photo you wish to add a glow outline to.
To upload one of your photos, click on ‘uploads’ from the left-hand side panel, ‘upload media’, select where you want to upload media from, including device, Facebook, Google Drive, Instagram or Dropbox, locate the file which you wish to add a glowing outline to, and then click on ‘open’. I’ll use this ‘female blogger taking a selfie on smartphone while drinking coffee’ photo as a starting point, so I’ll click on it to add it to my Canva design as a stand alone photo rather than as the design’s background.
By not having this photo as the design’s background, it’ll make our life easier when duplicating it to add the glowing outline effect. If you so wish, you can resize and reposition it to make the photo larger and centralized.
Since we want to create a glowing outline just to the blogger, and not to the entire photo, let’s first remove this photo’s background. To do so, click on the photo, and then on ‘effects’ from the white panel up top. Click on ‘background remover’ to remove the background of your image with one click. This is a Canva Pro feature, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below.
Once the photo’s background has been removed, either use your keyboard keys or click on duplicate from the white panel up top to make a copy of the photo. This copy is what we’ll be using to create the glowing outline effect.
As such, click on the photo’s copy, and then on ‘effects’ from the white panel up top. Scroll down until you reach this duotone section, and then click on ‘see all’. Choose any duotone effect of your choice, and click on it to add it to your photo’s copy.
If you wish to use your brand colors as the glow outline rather than the colors provided, click on the filter in the middle of a duotone effect, and then click on the highlights color picker to add your first brand color, and on the shadows color picker to add your second brand color, and then on ‘apply’.
Click on position from the white panel up top, and send the photo’s copy which has the duotone effect added to it backwards. Drag the circles around the image to make sure that the duotone effect peeks from behind the initial photo.
To make this duotone effect look like a glow, rather than just a colored background, click on ‘adjust’ from the white panel up top. Increase the blur up to a level 15. Now that you have created a glowing outline effect in Canva, continue customizing this design so that it looks the way you wish. For more details on how to customize a design in Canva, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you’re done creating a glowing outline around your photo in canva, and customizing your Canva design, rename your design up top, and then click on the ‘download’ button. Make sure that the file type is set to either JPG or PNG, if you want this white background to be transparent, go with PNG and then click on the ‘transparent background’ checkbox, which you can do with a Canva Pro account, which you can try for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, and then click on ‘download’ again.
If you're serious about creating a glowing outline in Canva, make sure to check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you’ll be using the duotone effect in Canva to add a glowing outline around your photos. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create an outline around your text in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA TUTORIAL: How To Create A Glowing Outline In Canva. Learn learn how to add a glow outline effect around your photos in Canva to take them to the next level // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/cN9I1
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Outline A Picture For Thumbnails On YouTube: https://youtu.be/9MtCFu7nXuk
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Create Silver, Gold + Glitter Letters In Canva: https://youtu.be/JqksWngZ6kM
○ How To Adjust The Duration Of Your Animations In Canva: https://youtu.be/LkUGiwLAG34
○ How To Make Animated Subscribe Button For YouTube Channel For Free: https://youtu.be/NXH7to5HR78
○ How Much Is Canva Pro And Is It Worth It To Upgrade? https://youtu.be/HmW5FU3h-ro
○ How To Create An Instagram Carousel With Canva: https://youtu.be/OipBnwNJang
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!