Wondering how to create an outline around your text in Canva? In this Canva tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a border around your text in Canva.
By the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to outline text in Canva to take your designs to the next level. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, subscribe for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, use the search bar, or the suggested designs on your Canva homepage, to locate the design type which you’d like to include text with an outline around it, such as an Instagram post. Once that option populates, click on it.
There are two ways that you can follow to create an outline around your text in Canva. The first way is by creating two versions of your text and layering them. To do so, click on ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel, and then on ‘add a heading’.
Type what you wish in the text box, and change the font, font size and text color to the options of your choice. Now select the text box, click on the three little dots from the white menu up top, and then on duplicate.
Change the text color of this second text box to another color of your choice, such as yellow, and use the arrows on your keyboard to move this text box up or down and to either side to easily create an outline around your text.
If you wish the second colored text you added to be the outline color rather than the main text one, click on the three little dots from the white menu up top, ‘position’, and then on ‘backward’. Just as before, use the arrows on your keyboard to move this text box up or down and to either side to easily create an outline around your text.
The second way to outline text in Canva is by adding a text effect. Let’s first click on ‘add page’ from the top right of this design to start fresh with a blank Canva design. To do so, just as before, click on ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel, and then on ‘add a heading’.
Type what you wish in the text box, and change the font, font size and text color to the options of your choice. Now, instead of selecting the text box, clicking on the three little dots from the white menu up top, and then on duplicate, click on ‘effects’ from the white menu up top.
There are a number of text effects that you can add that will provide the look of outlined text, including shadow, lift, hollow, splice, echo, glitch, and neon. Once you have chosen a text effect of your choice, such as the splice effect, you can edit the effect’s settings, including its thickness, offset, direction and color. Play around with these settings until you have created an outline around your text in Canva that looks the way you want.
You can also add more than one outlined text effect to the same Canva design. To do so, click on ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel, and then on ‘add a heading’.
Type what you wish in the text box, and change the font, font size and text color to the options of your choice. Click on ‘effects’ from the white menu up top, and select another text effect of your choice, such as the ‘echo’ effect. Edit the effect’s settings, including its offset, direction, blur, transparency and color.
As always, you can add other elements to this outlined text design, including lines, shapes, graphics, photos, videos, audios, charts, frames, grids and more, to take it to the next level, or even click on ‘templates’ from the left-hand side panel to add outlined text to one of Canva’s pre-designed templates. For more details on how to customize a design in Canva, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you’re done creating and customizing your design which includes outlined text, rename your design up top, and then click on the ‘download’ button. Make sure that the file type is set to either JPG or PNG, and if you want this white background to be transparent, go with PNG and then click on the ‘transparent background’ checkbox, which is a feature exclusive to Canva Pro users, but you can try for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, and then click on ‘download’ again to save your Canva design to your computer.
If you're serious about creating an outline around your text in Canva, make sure to check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you’ll be creating a border around your text in Canva to take your designs to the next level. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create a gradient that fades to transparent in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA OUTLINE TEXT TUTORIAL: Create An Outline Around Your Text In Canva. In this Canva tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a border around your text in Canva // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/9DHaE
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Create A Glowing Outline In Canva: https://youtu.be/p4cswaKVvBs
○ How To Create Silver, Gold + Glitter Letters In Canva: https://youtu.be/JqksWngZ6kM
○ How To Adjust The Duration Of Your Animations In Canva: https://youtu.be/LkUGiwLAG34
○ How To Make Animated Subscribe Button For YouTube Channel For Free: https://youtu.be/NXH7to5HR78
○ How Much Is Canva Pro And Is It Worth It To Upgrade? https://youtu.be/HmW5FU3h-ro
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!