Have you been wondering how to outline a picture for thumbnails on YouTube. In this video, I'll show you how to add a white outline effect to make a border on your image.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to outline images to make YouTube thumbnails so that your YouTube thumbnail stands out in YouTube search. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
We'll be using Canva to outline a picture for thumbnails on YouTube. If you don't have a Canva account yet, make sure to click on the link in the description box below to create one for free.
After you've logged in to your Canva account, click on the search bar, and search for 'YouTube thumbnail'. Click on the first option that populates, and then select the 'blank' template.
If you haven't already, import the photo you want to add a white outline effect to by clicking on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, 'upload an image or video', locate the photo from your computer, and then click on 'open'. Drag-and-drop that photo onto your design. For the purposes of this video, I'll be using a generic photo from Canva's photo library.
Since we want to add an outline of just the person, we first need to remove the background of this photo. To do so, click on 'effects' up top, and then on 'background remover'. Just as a side note, this is a Canva Pro feature, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below.
For a more detailed overview of how to remove photo backgrounds, make sure to watch my video on 'how to remove a background in Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now that this picture's background has been removed, which we can verify by adding a colored background to this YouTube thumbnail, it's time to outline the picture. To do so, right click on your picture without the outline and copy and paste it so you have two versions of the same photo.
Click on the second version, and then on 'effects' up top, and under the 'duotone' effect, select 'mono'. Now click on the filter options on top of the mono effect, and change both the highlights and the shadows to white, and then click on 'apply'.
Reposition this second picture version so that it's on top of the first version, and then slightly enlarge it. Click on 'position' up top and send the second version of the photo backwards so that it becomes a white outline effect of your photo in your YouTube thumbnail.
Add any other elements to your YouTube thumbnail as you wish, such as additional photos, elements and text, and once you're done customizing your YouTube thumbnail with an outlined picture, rename your Canva design up top, click on 'download', and then click on 'download' once more to save it to your computer.
If you're serious about adding an outline to a picture for thumbnails on YouTube, make sure you check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you'll be using this white outline effect in your YouTube thumbnails. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below, and stay tuned for our next video which is about some great Canva tips and tricks you may not know about, so you definitely don't want to miss out on that. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO OUTLINE A PICTURE FOR THUMBNAILS ON YOUTUBE: YouTube Thumbnail White Outline Effect Tutorial. Learn how to outline images to make YouTube thumbnails // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/lfmab
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ Get A FREE 30-day Trial Of Canva Pro: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools to run your online business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ How To Remove A Background In Canva: https://youtu.be/aGuUui8riyk
○ How To Make A GIF: https://youtu.be/C156UEj6o14
○ How To Make Twitter Screenshot Graphics For Instagram: https://youtu.be/Zap88_SHdek
○ How To Make A Workbook In Canva: https://youtu.be/lPQhGI5Azto
○ 8 Canva Tips & Tricks You May Not Know About: https://youtu.be/U2XHicdUXDo
○ How To Edit A PDF For Free: https://youtu.be/OjJjrresH_I
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS VIDEO:
How to outline a picture for thumbnails, how to outline a picture for thumbnails on youtube, how to outline a picture for youtube thumbnails, how to outline images to make youtube thumbnails, youtube thumbnail outline, how to outline a picture, how to outline a photo, outline photo effects, outline picture tutorial, white outline effect tutorial, how to make border on image, how to make thumbnails, how to make a youtube thumbnail
Tags: how to outline a picture for thumbnails, how to outline a picture for thumbnails on youtube, how to outline a picture for youtube thumbnails, how to outline images to make youtube thumbnails, youtube thumbnail outline, how to outline a picture, how to outline a photo, outline photo effects, outline picture tutorial, white outline effect tutorial, how to make border on image, how to make thumbnails, how to make a youtube thumbnail, yes to tech