Wondering which are the 10 underrated Wix features you probably don't know about? In this Wix review, you'll learn how to use Wix to its fullest extent. If you don't have a Wix account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. This Wix website builder review was requested by Louie, one of my subscribers and students, who asked "if you had your top 10 hacks for creating an amazing website on Wix, what would they be?". So let's get right into this Wix website tutorial on the top 10 Wix features.
Wix feature #1, adding a new page to your Wix website. In the past, when adding a new page to your Wix website, you'd have to start each new page from scratch, or choose a specific page that came with the Wix template you chose. Wix now has a number of new page templates. Not only are you able to add a blank page to your Wix website, but also an about page, services page, projects page, contact page, general page, landing page, store page, booking page, blog page and pricing plans page.
For more details on all the available options when adding a new page to your Wix website, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Make Separate Pages In Your Wix Website'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Wix feature #2, further customizing your Wix website with HTML. Although Wix has a number of page templates that you can add to your website, you can take things to another level using HTML. With the Wix HTML code option, not only can you embed third party features to your Wix website, such as an email marketing form from ConvertKit and Mailchimp, but also entire website pages from another platform, such as I do with all of my opt-in pages, which are actually created using Leadpages and not Wix.
For more details on how to embed HTML code to your Wix website, make sure to watch my video on 'Adding HTML Code To Wix'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Wix feature #3, uploading custom fonts to your Wix website. Although Wix has an entire font library that you can use, as well as a number of font themes that you can customize to suit your needs, including heading and paragraph themes, you can take things to the next level by downloading fonts from a third party website, such as from DaFont and Google Fonts, and add those to your Wix website.
For more details on how to do that, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Upload A Font To Wix'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Wix feature #4, easily accessing your Wix blog URL. I'm the type of person who enjoys creating and scheduling content in advance. Although the Wix blog editor allows you to customize the slug of your blog post URL, you can actually click on 'advanced' from the blog post editor's SEO settings, and then on 'canonical' or 'OG: URL' to easily access that blog post's URL, even before it's published.
For more details on all of the available features in the Wix blog post editor, make sure to watch my video on the 'New Wix Blog Design'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Wix feature #5, customizing your Wix website mobile menu. Not only does Wix have a drag-and-drop desktop website editor, but also a drag-and-drop mobile editor. To access it, in your Wix editor, click on the 'switch to mobile' icon on the top, left-hand side. From here, you can access a number of features, such as 'add to mobile', 'menus and pages', 'background', 'mobile tools', 'hidden elements', and the 'page layout optimizer'.
Make sure you subscribe and hit the bell since we'll be posting a walkthrough video on the Wix mobile editor very soon.
Wix feature #6, sharpening images in your Wix website. Wix has a built-in image editor which allows you to easily sharpen and edit all of the images you add to your website. To access the photo studio, click on the image you wish to edit, on 'settings' from its individual toolbar, and then on 'adjust'. From here, you can crop and resize your image, enhance your image, adjust the image light and color and effects, add a filter to your image, cut out your image, or even add an element to your image, including text, an overlay or background.
For more details on what you can do with Wix images, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Upload & Change Images On Your Wix Website'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Wix feature #7, adding a lightbox to your Wix website. A lightbox is Wix's version of a popup, and they make it super easy to add one, even if you're not tech-savvy. All you have to do is click on 'add' from your Wix editor's left-hand side panel, interactive, and then on 'lightboxes'.
Wix has a number of lightboxes that you can choose from, including welcome, subscribe, promotion, and contact. You can set these popups to appear after a select number of seconds after a page loads, or even when someone clicks a button.
To learn how to connect a lightbox to a button, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Add, Link & Customize A Button On Wix'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Wix feature #8, adding a custom YouTube or blog feed to your Wix website's homepage. If you check out Yes To Tech's homepage, it has a YouTube and blog post feed that automatically updates whenever I post a new piece of content.
To add a YouTube feed to your Wix website, click on 'add' from the left-hand side panel in your Wix editor, 'video and music', and then select 'Wix video'. To add a blog feed to your Wix website, click on 'add' from the left-hand side panel, 'blog' and then select 'recent posts'.
For more details on how to upload videos on Wix, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Add Video In Wix Website'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Wix feature #9, chatting with your Wix website visitors with ease. You can add a Wix chat widget to your Wix website to let visitors instantly connect with you using a live chat.
The best part is that while they interact with you via a chat box, you receive all these chat messages via email, so it's easy to stay up to date with new chat messages. To add the chat feature to your Wix website, click on 'add' from the left-hand side panel in your Wix editor, 'contact and forms' and then on 'Wix chat button’.
Wix feature #10, captivating your website visitors with Wix's cinemagraph options. Wix makes it easy for you to add stunning cinemagraphs to your website’s background. There’s a whole section for them in the Wix Editor, and they’re all 100% free for you to use, however you want.
To add cinemagraphs to your Wix website, click on 'background' from the left-hand side panel in your Wix editor, click on 'video' and then select 'media from Wix'. Under the categories dropdown menu, click on 'cinemagraphs'. Choose a cinemagraph of your choice, and then click on 'change background' at the bottom to add it to your Wix website.
For even more guidance on how to create a website in Wix, make sure you check out my Wonder Website course, that'll help you create a kickass website that gets you more email subscribers, converts like crazy, and gives you the freedom you deserve. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you enjoyed learning about the 10 underrated Wix features you probably didn't know about, make sure to check out our Wix tutorials playlist for even more Wix tips and tricks, as well as our FREE Complete Website Creation Guide below this video to learn more about how to create your own website step-by-step without stress or overwhelm.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you enjoyed this Wix review, and which of these Wix features you're most excited to try out. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of your online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to upload videos on Wix with the Wix video maker. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
Wondering which are the 10 underrated Wix features you probably don't know about? In this Wix review, you'll learn how to use Wix to its fullest extent. This Wix website builder review answers "if you had your top 10 Wix feature hacks for creating a website on Wix, what would they be?". If you've been searching for the best website builder for small business, stay tuned for this Wix tutorial on what is Wix good for. So let's get right into this Wix website tutorial on the top 10 Wix features.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Complete Website Creation Guide: https://www.yestotech.com/complete-website-creation-guide
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ How To Make Separate Pages In Your Wix Website: https://youtu.be/FYtkLh0irwE
○ Adding HTML Code To Wix: https://youtu.be/UI0n4WvaHWk
○ How To Upload A Font To Wix: https://youtu.be/6WlXXaCaQns
○ New Wix Blog Design: https://youtu.be/shytxS6HJY8
○ How To Upload & Change Images On Your Wix Website: https://youtu.be/GKgVhPkQawI
○ How To Add, Link & Customize A Button On Wix: https://youtu.be/YCLPxthRpsA
○ How To Add Video In Wix Website: https://youtu.be/kZEeJp0m2qQ
○ Wix Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBbnbmCPEg&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqvDRl3aCifnia27BYFqpYgR
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/Sh1xY
○ How To Screen Record On iPad: https://youtu.be/igAXAaCECv4
○ Best Online Business Tools: https://youtu.be/g8dIHFZNZmo
○ How To Hide Like Or Dislike On YouTube: https://youtu.be/1suUSCrucfM
○ How To Create A Resume In Canva: https://youtu.be/p-Y-lDrYoX0
○ How To Schedule Instagram Posts With Canva: https://youtu.be/PVCeqmQzYqA
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!