Wondering how to make wavy text in Canva? In this wavy text effect tutorial, you’ll learn how to edit wavy text and create wavy text with ease. So let's get right into how to curve text in Canva to create an aesthetic wavy text effect.
First off, if you don't have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. There are two ways to create wavy text in Canva: by using the curve text effect and by using image effects.
Let's start by creating a wavy text effect using the curve text effect. In your Canva homepage, use the search bar up top, or the suggested design templates, to choose the design type of your choice, such as an Instagram post. I’ll go ahead and select that option.
Leave a comment below and let me know on which type of Canva design you'll be adding wavy text to.
Now click on ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel, and on ‘add a heading’. Type in what you wish in the textbox, such as ‘how to edit wavy text’. Wix the textbox still selected, click on ‘effects’ from the white panel up top, and under this ‘shape’ section, click on ‘curve’.
You’ll notice that this produces a curve text effect rather than a wavy text effect. To create a wavy text effect instead, let’s first edit the curvature to 40. Now click on the three little dots from the white panel up top, and then on ‘duplicate’.
From this first textbox, let’s just leave the words ‘how to add’, and delete ‘wavy text’. From this second textbox, let’s do the opposite: delete the words ‘how to add’, and leave the words ‘wavy text’.
Let’s select the ‘wavy text’ textbox, click on ‘effects’ from the white panel up top, and edit the curvature to -40. Now all that’s left is to reposition the two textboxes so that they form an actual wave. If you so wish, you can click and drag to select both textboxes, click on the three little dots from the white panel up top, and then on ‘group’ so that they become a single unit.
You can either leave this wavy text as is, or click on any of the icons on the left-hand side panel to edit this wavy text design further so that it looks the way you wish. For more details on how to customize a design in Canva, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
To save your Canva design which includes wavy text, click on the download icon on the top, right-hand side. Select the file type, size, and additional options if you so wish, and then click on the 'download' button at the bottom.
Let's now head back to our Canva design which we were editing so that I can show you how to create wavy text in Canva by using image effects. Let's click on this 'add page' icon on the top, right-hand side of our design, and follow the same steps as before to add text.
Click on ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel, and on ‘add a heading’. Type in what you wish in the textbox, such as ‘how to edit wavy text’. Now, instead of clicking on 'effects' to add a curve text effect, let's click on the download icon on the top, right-hand side. Make sure that the file type is set to either PNG or JPG, that just page 2 is selected, and then click on the 'download' button at the bottom.
Once your Canva design has downloaded, delete the ‘how to edit wavy text’ textbox, click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, and drag-and-drop the design we just downloaded into the uploads section.
Once the Canva design has uploaded, drag-and-drop it into page 2 of your design, and resize and reposition it so that it looks the way you wish. Now let's transform this piece of text into wavy text by using image effects.
To do so, click on the image, and then on 'edit image' from the white panel up top. Scroll down until you reach the 'liquify' effect, if you haven't connected that effect yet, it'll be in this 'you may also like' section, and then click on 'see all' next to it.
Select one of the liquify effects, such as 'shake' or 'wobble', to create wavy text in Canva. If you wish to edit that effect further, click on the filter icon within it, to edit its individual filter settings.
Once you're happy with how your wavy text effect looks like, click on 'apply' at the bottom. Just as before, to save your Canva design which includes wavy text, click on the download icon on the top, right-hand side. Select the file type, size, and additional options if you so wish, and then click on the 'download' button at the bottom.
If you're serious about creating wavy text in Canva, make sure to check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to make a 3D mockup in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
WAVY TEXT EFFECT: How To Edit Wavy Text + Create Wavy Text Tutorial (How To Make Wavy Text In Canva). Wondering how to make wavy text in Canva? In this wavy text effect tutorial, you’ll learn how to edit wavy text and create wavy text with ease. So let's get right into how to curve text in Canva to create an aesthetic wavy text effect. If you've been wondering how to create wavy text in Canva using Canva tips and tricks as well as Canva for free, this wavy text tutorial is for you. Get excited to learn how to use Canva for beginners and how to curve text in Canva to make a wavy effect.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
CLICK TO TWEET:
○ How To Create A Clickable PDF In Canva: https://youtu.be/OwbBzq6ECyc
○ How To Add Font In Canva On Phone: https://youtu.be/DNXgcx7_UA8
○ How To Sell Digital Products In Wix: https://youtu.be/2DN7YrXaz-M
○ How To Add PayPal To Your Wix Website: https://youtu.be/FR_WwrWFJW0
○ How To Add A Custom Photo Gallery To Your Wix Website: https://youtu.be/q17271qedsI
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
Tags: wavy text effect, how to edit wavy text, create wavy text tutorial, how to make wavy texts in canva, aesthetic wavy text, wavy text, wavy text tutorial, curve text canva, wavy, how to create wavy text in canva, how to make wavy text, how to edit wavy text, canva tutorial for beginners, canva tips and tricks, canva for free, canva tricks, how to use canva for beginners, canva tips, canva, canva tutorial, wavy effect, how to curve text in canva, curved text in canva, curve text canva, yes to tech