Want to know how to start an online business, even if you have no audience or experience, to make money online? In this video, I'll show you step-by-step how to build a new business online. Hi, I’m Marina, and my goal is to help you say "Yes To Tech" by sharing simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs.
When starting an online business, think about what you're good at and what you enjoy doing. That's the gold spot.
You don't want to start an online business on something that you're good at but don't enjoy, or else you wouldn't look forward to going to work each day. You also don't want to start an online business on something that you're not good at but do enjoy doing, because you'd then most definitely need outside help to grow.
And starting an online business on something that you're neither good at nor enjoy doing just wouldn't make sense. So brainstorm what it is that you're good at and what you enjoy doing.
Are you great at numbers? Do you excel at talking and bonding with people? Did you create certain templates or spreadsheets that people are always asking you about?
Or maybe did you overcome something after going through months of trial and error, and are now on the other side of the bridge with much more clarity and knowledge? Really sit down and brainstorm what it is that you're naturally good at and that brings a smile to your face.
That's actually how I started my own online business, Yes To Tech. I was on a journey to update the outdated website at my dad's travel agency, and although I was a tech nobody who had never written a line of code in my life, who knew nothing about website design or website creation, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
Although I was all eager and excited, I found myself at a standstill… I didn’t know where to start.
Google was open on my screen, but I didn’t even know what I had to search for. One of my first searches was probably along the lines of ‘create your own website’ or ‘how to create a website for beginners’, always followed by NO CODE.
There was a LOT of trial and error. Previewing and re-doing. Playing around with different images, sizes, fonts, and arrangements.
But after a few months of experimenting, I finally had the finished product come together. I was proud! I actually did it! And I did it MYSELF!
That’s when I realized that a framework of what to do when, and in what order, would’ve been immensely helpful. And so that's what I did...
I created the dream framework that I wish I had when I started out. The framework that would’ve saved me a ton of time, effort, stress, and research, trying, and trying, and trying to piece together different YouTube tutorials and blog posts, to make something of it, hoping something would stick and something would work.
That's how Yes To Tech came into being. Still after five years of running this online business, it's my goal to help you say "Yes To Tech" by sharing simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs, so make sure to subscribe if you want to be notified every time I post a new tutorial.
Now that you know what you want to start an online business on, you need to decide who you want to serve. Who is your target audience going to be?
For instance, my motto at Yes To Tech is to empower non-techie online entrepreneurs to stand out online with ease. I don’t just target entrepreneurs (too broad), or online entrepreneurs (still broad), but in fact I target non-techie online entrepreneurs.
If you need help figuring out your niche and how you're going to stand out in the online business that you're starting, make sure to watch the video I published last week on 'how to find your target audience'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now I want to hear from you. What will you be creating an online business on? Let me know in the comments.
After you've decided who you want to serve in your online business, it's time to figure out how that business is going to make money online. There is no one size fits all formula, and it all depends on what you personally enjoy doing.
One of the ways that pretty much anyone who's starting an online business can make money online is through affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is when you promote someone else's product or service, and if someone signs up for that product or service using your referral link, code, or other referral type you agreed upon, you receive a commission on that sale.
For example, as I mentioned, I create a number of tutorials here on YouTube. Whenever I'm doing a tutorial on how to use a software, be it Wix, ConvertKit, Canva, or something else, I add my affiliate link to that software in the description box of the video and in a pinned comment, and always mention within the video that if you don't have an account for that specific software yet, you can click on the link I provide to sign up.
To join those affiliate marketing programs, all you have to do is do a Google search for the name of the software plus affiliate program and fill out the application form on their website. It's as easy as that!
If you want to start an online business promoting other's physical products, you can join Amazon's affiliate program, Amazon Associates, or affiliate marketing networks such as MagicLinks and ShareASale. You can also promote other's services as part of your affiliate marketing efforts, like I do promoting Nadalie Bardo's Pinterest online courses.
Another way to start an online business and make money online that doesn't involve much tech setup is through coaching. You can do one off coaching or create coaching packages that are 30 minutes long, 1 hour long or any other duration of your choice, to help those you want to serve achieve a particular result.
You can offer this coaching via Zoom, Google Meet or any other meeting platform of your choice, but I personally enjoy using Teachable for it, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below. Teachable is great for coaching since it not only provides you with the platform to do the coaching on, but also handles the payment for you.
You can also use Teachable as a means to make money online in your online business by using it to sell digital products. This digital product can be a spreadsheet, template, ebook, worksheet, checklist, online course, workshop, masterclass, or anything else that will provide value to your target audience.
If you're starting an online business, yet another way to make money online is by selling physical products through an eCommerce platform. You can sell your own products that you create, be a retailer or a dropshipper.
For more details on how to start an eCommerce business, make sure to watch my video on that topic. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
We've now reached the last part of the puzzle. Now that you know what you want to start an online business on, who your online business' target audience will be and how you'll be making money with your online business, it's time to decide where you'll be focusing your energy on to find clients.
There are three main places where you can find clients for your online business: on your own website or blog, on social media or on YouTube. Let's go over the pros and cons of each one.
A website or blog is great since you own it, and you have full control of what you can add to it. You're not at the mercy of the algorithm as you are on social media or on YouTube.
However, if you're just starting an online business, your website or blog will not be ranking yet in search, so it may be harder for your target audience to find you online. But as your business grows, you'll have to have a website or blog anyways, so you might as well get started early.
If you're a non-techie future online business owner, I'd suggest creating your website or blog on Wix, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, since it's the platform with the lowest learning curve. I have an entire playlist with step-by-step Wix tutorials, which I'll also link to in the description box below if you'd like to check it out.
Another place where you can find clients when starting an online business is on social media. Many of us already have social media accounts, be it Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or TikTok, so we already know how to use them, which is a plus. Social media channels are also great to have closer interactions and engagement with our target audience.
However, everything you post on social media has a short lifespan, so you consistently have to be posting new content to stay relevant. If you posted an Instagram post two weeks ago, no matter how amazing it was, it'll get lost in the sea of new posts that have been posted since then, especially since these platforms don't have a search feature.
Yet another place where you can find clients when starting an online business is on YouTube. YouTube has a huge advantage over your own website or blog, and over social media, since it's owned by Google. It's the second largest search engine in the world, so even if you're a newbie, and you create searchable content, you're able to rank on the platform above those who have been using it for years.
However, out of all these platforms where you can get clients for your online business, YouTube is the one with the steepest learning curve. Yes, you can get started with what you have, including your phone and the built-in editing software that comes with your computer, but you'll still have to study the basics if you want to stand out.
Back in August, I published my entire YouTube strategy, from beginning to end, so I'll leave my YouTube tutorials playlist linked in the description box if you'd like to check those tutorials out.
If you're eager to start an online business, and are wondering which tools you need to start your online business, and how to grow said online business, make sure to subscribe and hit the bell since that's exactly what I'll be talking about in my videos next week, so you surely don't want to miss out on that.
If you don't want to wait until then, and want to discover which are the absolute best online business tools you need to save time, money and stress, make sure to download the FREE cheat sheet I created just for you by clicking on the link in the description box below.
If you enjoyed this video on how to start an online business, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. Remember to download the FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools to run your online business, check out these two videos for even more online business tips, and I'll see you in the next one.
HOW TO START AN ONLINE BUSINESS. Want to know how to start an online business, be it affiliate marketing for beginners, eCommerce or how to start an online coaching business step by step, to make money online? In this video, I'll give you online business ideas and share how I started a store for you to start building a new business online. Learn how to make money online, including how to make money with affiliate marketing, in this how to build an online business video. Watch now to find out how to start a business online!
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ How To Find Your Target Audience: https://youtu.be/DO_Q_gvoH5k
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Try ConvertKit For FREE: https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ Amazon Associates: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/home
○ MagicLinks: https://www.magiclinks.com/rewards/referral/yestotech/
○ ShareASale: https://www.shareasale.com/info/
○ Nadalie Bardo's Pinterest Online Courses: https://nadaliebardo.teachable.com/?affcode=381071_uaef5vef
○ Try Teachable For FREE: https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ How To Start An Ecommerce Business: https://youtu.be/2N8VID-YZtg
○ Wix Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBbnbmCPEg&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqvDRl3aCifnia27BYFqpYgR
○ YouTube Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6SabZSsppY&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqvJB5rh5YYivqDhfPSjb70Z
○ Online Business Tips Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezvLWdAJuN0&list=PLbLPqE_rHXquoyyIT6NdWbCf0uwv1qv1j
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com/post/how-to-start-an-online-business
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/7a3h2
○ Facebook Shop Setup: https://youtu.be/5EoHA1XTZn4
○ How To Find Your Target Audience: https://youtu.be/DO_Q_gvoH5k
○ Business Structures Explained: https://youtu.be/Om7i1gGFmV8
○ Teachable Enrollment Caps: https://youtu.be/KwOpfUSL5y4
○ How To Start Ecommerce Business: https://youtu.be/2N8VID-YZtg
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!