Wondering how to make YouTube shorts? In this YouTube shorts tutorial, I'll be sharing how and why you should make YouTube shorts.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly what YouTube shorts are, how to use YouTube shorts and how to go viral with YouTube shorts. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
First off, what are YouTube shorts? As the name implies, YouTube shorts are short videos that are uploaded to YouTube and follow three basic rules: they're vertical rather than horizontal, they're 1 minute long or less, and they have the hashtag #shorts added to them, both to the YouTube video's title and to the description box.
These YouTube shorts videos not only appear on your YouTube channel, but also in YouTube's stories and short video library, so it's an additional way for you to get found and go viral on YouTube.
As such, they shouldn't be treated like your regular YouTube videos. YouTube shorts are YouTube's version of a Reel or TikTok video, so incorporate trends and features found in those videos to your YouTube short to make them stand out.
To make the most out of your YouTube shorts video, make sure that your intro is interesting, because you have less time to catch your viewer's attention compared to a regular YouTube video. Just like with regular YouTube videos, though, YouTube values watch time when it comes to your YouTube shorts, so the longer viewers watch them, the better they'll perform.
You can use your phone or your computer's camera to record your YouTube short, but just make sure that you record your video vertically rather than horizontally. If you're unable to record vertical videos with your computer's camera, you can always create a vertical graphic in Canva, such as an Instagram Reels video graphic or a TikTok video graphic, add your horizontal video to that graphic, and download the vertical result as an mp4.
Although Youtube shorts can be up to 1 minute long, it's safer to record your YouTube short so that it's at most 58 seconds long. YouTube usually adds a second or two to your YouTube video when you upload it to the platform, so by having it be around 58 seconds long, you guarantee that your video is still considered a YouTube short after uploading.
You can edit your YouTube short video with iMovie, and create animations to add to it using Canva. For more details on how to edit a video with iMovie, how to create videos with animations and music in Canva and how to animate graphics in iMovie, make sure to watch my videos on these topics. I'll leave the links to them in the description box below.
To upload a YouTube short video to YouTube, just follow the same steps as you would to upload a regular YouTube video to the platform. For more details on how to do that, make sure to watch my video on how to upload videos on YouTube. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below. Just remember to add the hashtag #shorts to the end of the YouTube video's title and in the description box.
If you're serious about making YouTube shorts, make sure you check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know what's the topic of the YouTube short you plan on creating. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for new videos every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am EST, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to put ads on your YouTube videos. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
YOUTUBE SHORTS: How To Make YouTube Shorts. In this YouTube shorts tutorial, I'll be sharing how and why you should make YouTube shorts // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/19qch
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ How To Edit Videos On iMovie: https://youtu.be/9Mnvu3nPQwM
○ How To Create Videos With Animations And Music In Canva: https://youtu.be/IkEShGIccEg
○ How To Animate Graphics in iMovie: https://youtu.be/bkAjmuD5vEs
○ How To Upload Videos On YouTube: https://youtu.be/_9RpJy2M8yE
○ How To Create Fillable Forms In Microsoft Word: https://youtu.be/ZT6QSJzy6Xw
○ How To Record Your Computer Screen: https://youtu.be/c34NvkuL6s4
○ How To Attend A Webinar: https://youtu.be/O-TuggUTWeM
○ How To Setup OBS For Webinars: https://youtu.be/YuknMbrs5wc
○ Which Webinar Platform Is Best? https://youtu.be/aE0l-w6Hc7M
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!