Wix Strips: How To Use Strips In Wix
Wondering how to use strips in Wix? In this Wix website tutorial, you'll learn all about the Wix strips feature to create a strip background in Wix, my drag and drop website builder software of choice. So let's get right into this Wix tutorial on how to add a Wix full width image with a Wix strip so that you can make a responsive site in Wix.
First off, if you don't have a Wix account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Once you've logged in to your Wix account, locate the website you wish to use strips in Wix on, hover your mouse over it, and then click on the pencil icon to access the Wix editor.
Click on the pages dropdown menu on the top, left-hand side, and select the page you wish to add a Wix strip to. If you wish to add Wix strips to a new page on your Wix website, rather than on an existing page, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Make Separate Pages In Your Wix Website'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once on the page that you wish to add a Wix strip to, click on 'add' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'strips'. There are a number of Wix strips that you can add to your website: classic, about, which help you introduce yourself and tell visitors more about your site, your team or your business, services, which help you promote the services you offer, contact, which make it easy for customers to get in touch and follow you on social, welcome, which help you introduce visitors to your site or business and encourage them to explore, testimonials, which help you build trust by displaying positive feedback you've received, and team, which tell visitors more about your team.
Once you've located a strip you wish to add to your Wix website, such as this first featured hello Wix strip, drag-and-drop it onto your page. Just like with any feature on your Wix website, you can click on any element within the Wix strip, such as the text and button, and edit it from its individual toolbar. You can also click on 'add' from the left-hand side panel, to add any new element of your choice to your Wix strip.
To make changes to your Wix strip at large, click on the Wix strip to access its individual toolbar. When you click on 'change strip background', you'll be able to click on 'settings' to style your image background your way, including the image opacity, the color behind the image, select how the image is scaled (scale to fill or tile), select where the image is positioned, and tell Google what's in the image.
If you click on 'back' on the top, right-hand side, and then on the filter button, you'll be able to access the Wix strips background photo studio. From here, you can access editing tools such as crop and resize, enhance, adjust, filters and cut out, as well as add an element, including text, overlay and background. If you make any changes to your Wix strip background, make sure to click on 'save' on the top, right-hand side.
From this same Wix strip background popup, you can change your background to a color, and select a color from the color picker popup that appears, to an image, either that you uploaded to your Wix account, or from Media from Wix, Shutterstock or Unsplash, or even to a video, either that you uploaded to your Wix account, or from Media from Wix or Shutterstock.
You can also scroll through Wix's selected Wix strips backgrounds to explore their stunning image and video backgrounds. Once you're done making changes to your Wix strip background, x out of the Wix strip background popup.
Going back to the Wix strips individual toolbar, you can click on 'add a background scroll effect', to choose a scroll effect to add to your Wix strips, including none, fade in or fade out. Under 'layout' from the Wix strips individual toolbar, you can add a column to your Wix strip if you so wish, and then click on 'manage columns' to move it either right or left, duplicate it, or delete it, as well as align the content within your Wix strip to the left, center or right.
When you click on 'stretched' from the Wix strips individual toolbar, you can choose whether you wish to stretch your Wix strip to the screen or page, which makes it easy to create a strip background in Wix or even add a Wix full width image so that you can make a responsive site in Wix, as well as set the margins.
Lastly, under 'help' from the Wix strips individual toolbar, you can learn more about what you can do with your Wix strip element. This includes attaching elements to the strip, changing the strip background, adding a background scroll effect, splitting your strip into columns, and changing the width of the strip, all of which we covered in this video.
If you wish to modify the location of your Wix strip, place your cursor over the drag handle to move your Wix strip up or down, together with the content beneath it. If you click on the plus icon on the top center or bottom center of the strip, you'll be able to add a new Wix strip to your page, either directly above or directly below the strip you just added.
You can use the stretch handle that appears at the bottom of the Wix strip to lengthen or shorten the strip while maintaining the design of your page. Once you're happy with the Wix strip you added to your Wix website, make sure to click on 'save' and then on 'publish' on the top, right-hand side to make your changes active and successfully use strips in Wix.
If you're serious about using strips in Wix, make sure to sign up for a free Wix account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Wix tutorials playlist for even more Wix tips and tricks, as well as our FREE Complete Website Creation Guide below this video to learn more about how to create your own website step-by-step without stress or overwhelm.
Leave a comment below and let me know what you'll be doing with the Wix strips you add to your Wix website. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create a Wix full width slider. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
WIX STRIPS: How To Use Strips In Wix. Wondering how to use strips in Wix? In this Wix website tutorial, you'll learn all about the Wix strips feature to create a strip background in Wix, my drag and drop website builder software of choice. If you want to do Wix image scaling with a Wix full width website, this strip Wix tutorial for beginners on how to make Wix responsive is for you. So let's get right into this Wix tutorial on how to add a Wix full width image with a Wix strip so that you can make a responsive site in Wix.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Complete Website Creation Guide: https://www.yestotech.com/complete-website-creation-guide
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ How To Make Separate Pages In Your Wix Website: https://youtu.be/FYtkLh0irwE
○ Wix Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBbnbmCPEg&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqvDRl3aCifnia27BYFqpYgR
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com/post/wix-strips-how-to-use-strips-in-wix
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/fM944
○ How To Do Image Optimization With Alt Text SEO: https://youtu.be/xBEWdhuiz10
○ Hostinger Coupon Code + Hostinger Review: https://youtu.be/yQ67zhXZs5Q
○ How To Share Multiple Links On Instagram With Your Website: https://youtu.be/GIXUR4fLMUg
○ How To Add Multiple Links In Instagram Bio With Later Linkin Bio: https://youtu.be/t54PTfDJto8
○ How To Use ConvertKit Newsletter: https://youtu.be/HIs7DGa2alc
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!