Wix SEO: This Is What I'd Do To Rank On Google With SEO Wix (Wix SEO Setup, SEO Strategy + SEO Tips)
Do you want to boost your Wix website or Wix blog ranking on Google, but don't know how to do Wix SEO? In this Wix tutorial, I'll show you step-by-step how to get found online with ease. Hi, I’m Marina, and my goal is to help you say "Yes To Tech" by sharing simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs.
You'll first need a Wix account to do Wix SEO, so if you don't have a Wix account yet, make sure to click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Once you've logged in to your Wix account, hover your mouse over the website you wish to do Wix SEO on, and then click on 'select site'.
Hover your mouse over 'marketing & SEO' from the left-hand side panel, and then click on 'SEO tools'. There are a number of Wix SEO tools to optimize your site for search engines so more people can find you online: there is this get found on Google section, which is the Wix SEO Wiz, sitemaps, robots.txt editor, SEO patterns, site verification and URL redirect manager.
Let's go over each one, starting with get found on Google, which is the Wix SEO Wiz. Wix SEO Wiz will provide you with your SEO setup checklist, including the keywords you want to rank for, all the steps you need to complete to get your homepage ready for Google search, to optimize your site pages for search engines, and to keep building on your SEO progress.
Once a Wix SEO task has been completed, a green checkmark will appear next to it. Uncompleted tasks will have a red exclamation point next to them instead.
To complete that task, click on it. The Wix SEO Wiz will tell you why that SEO step is important, as well as how to complete it. Once you've completed it, come back to this page, and then click on 'refresh'.
Let's head back to the Wix SEO tools section, and click on 'sitemaps'. Sitemaps help search engines find the most important pages of your site. As you can see, my sitemaps are optimized to follow SEO best practices, and if you wish to view your sitemaps, click on 'view your sitemap index'.
Let's head back to the Wix SEO tools section, and click on 'robots.txt editor'. You can edit your robots.txt file to tell search engines which pages of your site to crawl. As you can see, my robots.txt file is optimized, but most sites don’t need to customize their robots.txt file, so Wix SEO recommends only advanced SEO users make changes.
Let's head back to the Wix SEO tools section, and click on 'SEO patterns'. This is where you can edit your site's default SEO settings here. They'll automatically update across your site.
You can edit the SEO patterns for your main pages, forum posts, forum categories, pro galleries, blog posts, blog categories, blog tags and blog archive pages by clicking on 'edit pattern', and then editing the SEO basics and social share, structured data markup, robots meta tag, and additional meta tags.
Let's head back to the Wix SEO tools section, and click on 'site verification'. This is where you can add meta tags from search engines to verify and claim ownership of your site, including Google search console, Pinterest, Bing webmaster tools, Yandex webmaster, and Naver webmaster tools.
If for some reason you're unable to find the search engine you’re looking for, you can add it manually using custom code.
Let's head back to the Wix SEO tools section, and click on 'URL redirect manager'. This is where you can send site visitors and search engines from an old URL to a new URL.
All you have to do is click on the 'new redirect' button, select whether you want it to be a single redirect or a group redirect, insert the URLs in the space provided, and then click on 'save' at the bottom.
Now that we've covered all of the Wix SEO tools, let's click on 'quick access' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'edit site' so that I can show you how to do further Wix SEO from your Wix website editor. The first place you can do Wix SEO is on your site pages.
To do so, click on 'menus and pages' from the left-hand side panel, click on the three little dots next to the page you want to do SEO on, and then click on 'SEO basics'. From here, you can set the page's URL slug, which is the last part of the URL, the page's title tag, which is its title in search results, add the page's meta description, which is the description in search results, and toggle whether you want to let search engines index this page or not.
You can also click on the 'advanced SEO' tab up top to add structured data markup, robots meta tag, and additional tags to this page. If you have a multilingual Wix website, you can customize the advanced SEO tags for each version of this page. From here, you can also hire a Wix SEO partner to help with your SEO.
Let's x out of the site pages popup, and click on an image on your website for me to show you another place where you can do Wix SEO. Click on 'settings' from its individual toolbar, scroll down until you reach the image text section, and make sure to fill out the alt text and tooltip sections to improve your site's SEO and accessibility.
Once you're done doing Wix SEO, click on 'save' and then on 'publish' on the top, right-hand side to make your changes active.
Now I want to hear from you. Will you be doing Wix SEO to get found online? Let me know in the comments, and if you don't have a Wix account yet, make sure to click on the link in the description box below to sign up today for free.
If you want to learn what steps you need to take to create an entire website yourself, even if you're not tech-savvy, make sure to download the FREE Complete Website Creation Guide I created just for you by clicking on the link in the description box below.
If you enjoyed this Wix SEO tutorial, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. Remember to download the free Complete Website Creation Guide, check out these two videos for even more Wix tips and tricks, and I'll see you in the next one.
WIX SEO. Want to do Wix SEO, such as local SEO, image optimization (alt text), on page SEO, Wix schema markup, meta tags and use the Wix SEO tool Wix SEO Wiz to get found online? In this Wix website tutorial, we'll cover SEO Wix marketing tools for you to rock the Google search console. We'll break down SEO myths and teach keyword research and how to make the most of your search queries using SEO Wiz Wix for you to start indexing your website. Get excited to learn about Wix search engine optimization!
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Complete Website Creation Guide: https://www.yestotech.com/complete-website-creation-guide
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Wix Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBbnbmCPEg&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqvDRl3aCifnia27BYFqpYgR
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com/post/wix-seo
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/KeWp3
○ Why You Need A Website For Your Business: https://youtu.be/9TAZqOFxJCE
○ Free Landing Page: https://youtu.be/TvrFoaOAV0g
○ How To Show Timezone On Wix Bookings: https://youtu.be/2dbKtdVo0aw
○ Wix Page Transitions: https://youtu.be/CZKXrsEYdcA
○ Wix Admin Dashboard: https://youtu.be/Yf_-Jl0uuSs
00:00 Wix SEO Introduction
00:22 Wix SEO Tools
01:16 Wix SEO: Get Found On Google With The Wix SEO Wiz
02:12 Wix SEO: Sitemaps
02:36 Wix SEO: Robots.txt editor
03:05 Wix SEO: SEO Patterns
03:45 Wix SEO: Site Verification
04:15 Wix SEO: URL redirect manager
04:43 Wix SEO: On Page SEO
06:03 Wix SEO: Image Optimization (Alt Text)
06:41 Wix SEO Concluding Remarks
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!