Many of you enjoyed my video on ‘how to use Wix for blogging’, if you haven’t watched that yet, I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below, so today I’m giving you a bonus Wix blog tutorial since Wix recently revamped their Wix blog post editor.
By the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to use the new Wix blog design so that you can easily blog on Wix. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, subscribe for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
First off, if you don’t have a Wix account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. To access your Wix blog, open up your Wix account, and click on ‘blog’ from the left-hand side panel. To write a blog post on Wix, click on ‘create new post’ on the top, right-hand side.
Just as before, there will be a place for you to input your blog post title and blog post content within the Wix blog post editor. However, there are many more customization options within this blog post section.
Wix added a toolbar at the very top which you can use to customize the body of your blog post. This is a sticky toolbar, meaning that as you scroll down the page, the toolbar is still apparent.
If you click on the text that you added to the body of your blog post instead of on your blog post’s title, you’ll notice that the icons go from grey to black, meaning that you can use them to customize your Wix blog post.
These Wix blog customization options include: setting whether your blog post text is a header or a paragraph, the options to transform your text into bold, italic or underline, change your text’s color and highlight color, add a quote or code snippet, add a numbered list or a bulleted list, change your text’s alignment to left, center, right or justified, change the line spacing, decrease or increase the indent, add a link, and view your Wix blog post stats, including how long it would take to read your blog post and how many characters your blog post has.
Wix has also updated what appears on the left-hand side panel of the Wix blog post editor. Under ‘add’ you can add a new image, gallery, video, HTML code, divider, GIF or file to your Wix blog post.
Under ‘settings’, you can select whether you wish to display a cover image or not, set the blog post publish date and author, as well as toggle whether you wish to set this blog post as featured or not. If you click on the ‘advanced’ tab still under ‘settings’, you can add an excerpt to your Wix blog post, add up to 3 related posts, and enable or disable commenting.
Under ‘SEO’, you can edit the SEO settings for page SEO, social share and advanced. Under the SEO settings for page SEO, you can preview what your Wix blog post will look like on Google, edit the blog post’s URL slug, SEO title, SEO description, and toggle whether you wish to show this page in search results or not. Under the SEO settings for social share, you can preview and edit the Wix blog post image that is used when this blog post is shared on social, edit the social title and social description. Under the advanced SEO settings, you can edit your Wix blog post’s meta tags, including author, modified time, published time, canonical, site name, type and URL. You can also add more tags if you so wish.
Under ‘categories’, you can add an existing category to your Wix blog post, or create a new category to add to your blog post.
Under ‘tags’, you can add tags that describe what your Wix blog post is about. Readers can use them to find other posts with similar content.
Under ‘sell subscriptions’, you can create your first subscription plan to add paywalls to selected blog posts in Wix, set up payment schedules, show a free preview of your Wix blog post, and earn money from your blog in Wix.
Once you’re done customizing the content and appearance of your Wix blog post, you can click on ‘preview’ up top to have an idea of what your blog post will look like once it’s published, or click on ‘publish’ to publish your Wix blog post right now. You can also click on the downward pointing arrow next to the publish button to publish your Wix blog post now, save your Wix blog post as a draft, or schedule your Wix blog post.
Once you’ve scheduled a blog post in Wix, it’ll appear under the ‘scheduled’ tab. You can hover over any scheduled blog post and click on ‘edit’ to go back to the Wix blog post editor, or click on the three little dots on the right-hand side to preview the post, duplicate the post or move the post to the trash. If you click on the ‘more actions’ button up top, you’ll be able to view your Wix blog settings and analytics, click to hire a blog writer or to import WordPress posts.
Within the Wix blog post editor you can also view published blog posts, drafts, as well as those Wix blog posts you’ve moved to the trash. You can click on ‘categories’ under the ‘manage’ section to view and rename the blog’s main feed that displays all of your posts, as well as add a new category and edit your existing Wix blog post categories to set the URL, SEO and social sharing image.
If you're serious about blogging on Wix, make sure you check out our FREE Complete Website Creation Guide below this video to learn more about how to create your own website step-by-step without stress or overwhelm.
Make sure you comment below and let me know what you thought about the new Wix blog post editor. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for easy tutorials on how to stand out online. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
WIX BLOG POST: Wix Blog Tutorial On The NEW Wix Blog Design. Many of you enjoyed my video on ‘how to use Wix for blogging’, so today I’m giving you a bonus Wix blog tutorial since Wix recently revamped their Wix blog post editor. By the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to use the new Wix blog design so that you can easily blog on Wix.
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/UxJ5U
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Complete Website Creation Guide: https://www.yestotech.com/complete-website-creation-guide
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ How To Use Wix For Blogging: https://youtu.be/15mm7S7jrbg
○ How To Create Fillable Forms In Microsoft Word: https://youtu.be/ZT6QSJzy6Xw
○ How To Record Your Computer Screen: https://youtu.be/c34NvkuL6s4
○ How To Attend A Webinar: https://youtu.be/O-TuggUTWeM
○ How To Setup OBS For Webinars: https://youtu.be/YuknMbrs5wc
○ Which Webinar Platform Is Best? https://youtu.be/aE0l-w6Hc7M
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!