How To Create A Typing Effect In Canva | Canva Video Animation Tutorial
Wondering how to create a typing effect in Canva? In this Canva typing animation Canva text effects tutorial, you'll learn how to easily create a typewriter effect using motion graphics. So let's get right into this Canva animation tutorial for you to create a text typing animation effect with ease.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. You can either create a typing effect in Canva using Canva text effects on one of your existing Canva designs or on a new Canva design.
For instance, say I want to create a Canva typing animation effect in an Instagram story which simulates a search bar. To do so, once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, click on the search bar up top, and search for 'Instagram story'. Once that option populates, click on it.
Canva has a number of Instagram story templates that you can choose from to create a typing effect in, or you can click on 'create a blank Instagram story' up top to add a Canva typing animation from scratch. You can even filter the Instagram story templates by style, theme and color.
Since I want to use a very specific Instagram story template, I'll go ahead and click on 'create a blank Instagram story' up top. Once the Canva design editor opens up, click on 'templates' from the left-hand side panel, and search for 'search bar'. I'm going to click on this 'search bar Instagram story' to add it to my design.
Just like with any Canva template, you can click on any of the existing elements on your Instagram story design, and then on the options that appear on the panel up top to edit them. For instance, let's click on 'photos' from the left-hand side panel, and drag-and-drop one of Canva's photos from its photo library to replace the design's background.
Let's also change the text up top to include our website domain, in my case, yestotech.com, change the font to one of our brand's fonts, in my case, Raleway Heavy, and the color to white. Let's also change the text within the search bar to say 'how to create a typing effect in Canva', and change the font to one of our brand's fonts, in my case, Raleway
Since I’m a Canva Pro user, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, I can add my own brand kit with my brand fonts to Canva. If you want to know how to customize those, make sure to watch my video on ‘What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
To add a Canva typing animation using Canva text effects to the text within this search bar, select the text, and then click on 'animate' from the white panel up top. Make sure that 'text animations' is selected rather than 'page animations'.
Locate this simple writing Canva text effects section, and select the typewriter effect. Now if you click on the preview button up top, you'll be able to see this typewriter effect in action using the Canva typing animation.
If you wish to change the duration of this Canva animation, you can do so for the design at large, rather than for the piece of text. This means that the typewriter effect will last the same amount of time, but your design will be visible for a longer or shorter amount of time based on what you select.
To edit the timing of this Canva animation, select the Canva design at large, rather than the piece of text, and click on the clock from the white panel up top to edit the timing. You can use the slider to increase the Canva animation timing or to decrease the Canva animation timing, as well as to insert a specific number, such as 10 seconds, in the box on the right, and then press enter.
Now if we click on the preview button up top again, you'll notice that the typewriter effect still lasts 5 seconds as it did before, but that the entire Canva design has a duration of 10 seconds. If you're actually sharing this on an Instagram story, for instance, this gives your followers a longer amount of time to check the Canva typing animation out.
Feel free to make additional changes and to add any additional elements, uploads, photos, text, and more to your Instagram story design with a typewriter effect. For an entire walkthrough of all of the available elements in Canva that you can add to your designs, make sure to watch my video on ‘How To Use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you're happy with the Canva text effects you added to your design, rename your design up top, such as to how to create a typing effect in Canva', and then click on the download button. Make sure that MP4 is selected as the file type for the Canva typing animation to appear, and then click on 'download' at the bottom to save the Canva design you created with a typewriter effect to your computer.
To upload this Instagram story with a typewriter effect to your Instagram account, you can either transfer the video you saved on your computer to your mobile device, for a detailed walkthrough of how to do that, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Transfer Photos From iPhone To Mac', I'll leave the link to it in the description box below, or open up the Instagram story design with the Canva typing animation in the Canva app on your mobile device, and save it directly to your photo gallery.
Now open up your profile on Instagram, click on the + sign up top, and then on 'story'. Click on the Instagram story with the Canva typewriter text effect you just saved, and then click on your profile picture on the bottom left-hand side to add it to your Instagram story.
If you're a Canva Pro user, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, you can easily repurpose this Instagram story with a typewriter effect to use it in other places, such as in a YouTube video on how to create a typing effect in Canva. To do so, open up your design, and click on 'resize' from the panel up top.
Search for 'YouTube', click on 'YouTube intro' from the options that populate, and then click on 'copy and resize'. Feel free to resize any of the elements you added to your design to better fit with the larger design size.
Just as before, click on the download button. Make sure that MP4 is selected as the file type for the Canva typing animation to appear, and then click on 'download' at the bottom to save the Canva design you created with a typewriter effect to your computer.
Now open up iMovie, or the video editing software of your choice. For more details on 'how to edit videos on iMovie', make sure to watch my video on that topic. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Open up the project you wish to add the design with a typing effect, and then click on the downward pointing arrow up top to import new documents.
Locate the Canva typing animation design from your documents, and then click on 'open'. Drag-and-drop it onto your video timeline into the location of your choice. Now if you click on play, you'll be able to see the typewriter effect in action.
To save your video with the Canva text effect design within it, click on 'file' from the panel up top, share, and then on 'file' again. Make sure that all of the settings are set the way you wish, and then click on 'next' at the bottom. Locate where you wish to save your video with the Canva text effect design, and then click on 'save'.
If you're serious about creating a typing effect in Canva, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know what you'll be using this typewriter effect for. If you liked this video, make sure to give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about the ConvertKit tip jar. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
TYPEWRITER EFFECT: How To Create A Typing Effect In Canva: Canva Typing Animation Canva Text Effects. Wondering how to create a typing effect in Canva? In this Canva typing animation Canva text effects tutorial you'll learn how to easily create a typewriter effect using motion graphics. So let's get right into this Canva animation tutorial for you to create a text typing animation effect with ease. If you've been looking for text animation Canva hacks for typing effect this how to use Canva tutorial for beginners is for you. Get excited for this typewriter effect in Canva using these Canva tips.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Transfer Photos From iPhone To Mac: https://youtu.be/RF1kX5Ja0x0
○ How To Edit Videos On iMovie: https://youtu.be/9Mnvu3nPQwM
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com/post/typewriter-effect-how-to-create-a-typing-effect-in-canva-canva-typing-animation-canva-text-effects
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/d7MRl
○ Wix Owner App: https://youtu.be/CyYmwpk8rnM
○ Add Your Freebie PDF To Wix For Download For Your Subscribers: https://youtu.be/EVzihUd31N0
○ How To Make Money With Wix: https://youtu.be/IbNF2G821a4
○ How To Use The Wix Mobile Editor: https://youtu.be/9H2RwxrXWTw
○ Wix Website Tutorial On The Wix Editor X: https://youtu.be/Ac4e7wAaAqE
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
#canva #canvatutorial #canvaanimation