Have you been wondering how to make Instagram videos that you can upload to your Instagram feed? In this Instagram tutorial, I'll show you how to make Instagram videos for business, such as these ones I upload every week on Instagram to promote my newest YouTube video.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to make videos for Instagram that are high quality and that stimulate your followers to click on your profile link to watch more. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
The first thing we'll do is open up iMovie and edit the video clip that you want to add to your Instagram feed so that it's less than 1 minute long. For more details on how to edit video files in iMovie, make sure to watch my video on 'how to edit videos on iMovie'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you wish to upload a video that's longer than 1 minute, make sure to watch my last video on 'how to upload videos on IGTV'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now we're going to use Canva to create a call to action to add to the end of our Instagram video to stimulate your followers to click on your profile link to watch more. To do so, head over to Canva, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, and use the search bar to search for YouTube outro. When the YouTube outro option populates, click on it.
If you scroll down this page, you'll see a number of YouTube outro templates that you can customize, or if you prefer, you can select a blank YouTube outro to start from scratch. Don't worry too much which YouTube outro template you choose since you can always change it later.
Once you've selected a YouTube outro design to customize, click on it to edit it. As I mentioned, if for some reason you wish to change this YouTube outro template to another one, you can click on 'templates' from the left-hand side panel to start fresh with another YouTube outro design.
Just like with any regular Canva template, you can click on any elements on the page to customize them, such as the background, text and images, or click on any of the options from the left-hand side panel to add new photos, elements and text into your design.
For more details on how to customize a Canva design, make sure to watch my video on 'how to use Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Some things that are important to add to this design are a call to action to get your Instagram followers to click on your profile link to continue watching this Instagram video, which was a teaser, in full on another platform, such as on YouTube, as well as the thumbnail of your video.
If you don't know how to create a thumbnail, make sure to watch my video on 'how to make a YouTube custom thumbnail'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you're done customizing this outro you'll be adding to your Instagram video, rename your Canva design up top, and then click on the 'download' button. You can either download this design as a PNG or JPG file, and then click on the 'download' button again to save your this outro to your computer.
Now back in iMovie, let's add this outro you just created to the end of your Instagram video. To do so, click on the downward pointing arrow up top to import a new file.
Locate the outro you just downloaded from Canva, and then click on 'import selected'. Drag and drop the outro to the very end of the Instagram video. You can change its length so that it's longer or shorter, but remember that your Instagram video needs to be less than 1 minute long overall. Then all that's left to do is export your Instagram video with the call to action outro as you normally would.
Now there's only one tiny issue: this video file we just exported on iMovie is rectangular-shaped, whereas Instagram videos are square-shaped. As such, we need to make a square video out of it.
As such, let's head back to Canva, and use the search bar to search for 'Instagram post'. Click on this first 'Instagram post' option that populates.
If you scroll down this page, you'll see a number of Instagram post templates that you can customize, or if you prefer, you can select a blank Instagram post template to start from scratch.
Once you've selected an Instagram post design to customize, click on it to edit it. Again, just like with any regular Canva template, you can click on any elements on the page to customize them, or click on any of the options from the left-hand side panel to add new elements.
The most important part of using Canva to create an Instagram video, is actually embedding your video onto your design. To do so, click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side menu, 'upload an image or video', locate the video file you downloaded from iMovie, and then click 'open'.
After your video has been uploaded and processed, drag-and-drop it onto the design area. I like adding the video's title above the video clip, and my business' name below the video clip.
Once you're done customizing your Instagram video in Canva, rename your Canva design up top, and then click on the 'download' button. Make sure that your file type is 'mp4 video', and then click on the 'download' button again to save your square video to your computer.
For another way to design this Instagram video, make sure to watch my video on 'how to make a square video'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now all you need to do is transfer the Instagram video file from your computer to your phone. If you don't know how to do that, make sure to watch my video on 'how to transfer photos from your iPhone to a Mac', I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once the Instagram video file is on your phone, just follow the steps you normally would to upload a post to Instagram.
If you're serious about making Instagram videos, make sure you check out our FREE content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas below this video to learn more about how you can get more views, click-throughs and conversions on Instagram.
Make sure you comment below and let me know what you're planning on creating an Instagram video about. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for new videos every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am EST, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to add text or captions to this Instagram video you just created. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO MAKE INSTAGRAM VIDEOS. In this Instagram tutorial, I'll show you how to make Instagram videos for business that you can upload to your Instagram feed // Click here to get your FREE content calendar: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/5X480
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ Get A FREE 30-day Trial Of Canva Pro: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ FREE content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
○ How To Edit Videos On iMovie: https://youtu.be/9Mnvu3nPQwM
○ How To Upload Videos On IGTV: https://youtu.be/K4leki0yQcU
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Make A YouTube Custom Thumbnail: https://youtu.be/W8RUdTj31jk
○ How To Make A Square Video: https://youtu.be/n3vzbuW3jJ0
○ How To Transfer Photos From Your iPhone To Your Computer: https://youtu.be/RF1kX5Ja0x0
○ How To Grow Your YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/-hmwBLJ9dng
○ How To Create A YouTube End Screen Template: https://youtu.be/eg73xjtX0Yc
○ How To Get Copyright Free Music For YouTube Videos: https://youtu.be/qkgYOfjdGgc
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows