YouTube Banner Canva: How To Make A YouTube Banner On Canva
In today's video I'm going to be sharing with you how to make a YouTube banner. This video idea was requested by Affiliate Marketing with ELK Endeavors. He said: "I also need to make my picture for my YouTube channel!", and he's totally right. Without a good YouTube banner, that shows those who land on your channel who you are and what you do, you may be losing out on tons of viewers and subscribers.
So stay tuned until the end of this video to learn how to make a YouTube banner for free with Canva, and to get a FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you can use in your online business to save time and boost your productivity. Also, make sure to subscribe and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video. With that said let's go ahead and jump right in.
First off, let's cover the features you should add to your YouTube banner. As you can see from my own YouTube banner, I've included my photo, name (Marina Lotaif), channel name (Yes To Tech), the type of content I publish (tutorials for non-techie online entrepreneurs), as well as my upload frequency (every Tuesday and Thursday).
If we take a look at other YouTubers, you'll notice that they include the same kind of information. For instance, let's take a look at Sunny Lenarduzzi's YouTube banner. She included her photo, name, which is the same as her channel name (Sunny Lenarduzzi), the type of content she publishes (helping you be your own boss), as well as her upload frequency (every Tuesday and Friday).
To create a YouTube banner, we'll be using Canva, which is free to use, as well as YouTube's pre-made channel art templates. To access these templates, make sure you're logged in to your YouTube channel and are on your channel's page. Once there, hover over your channel banner, and click on the photo icon that appears on the right. Click on the link that says 'how to create channel art', and then scroll down on the page that opens up, until you reach the 'YouTube banner template & size guidelines'.
Click on the downward pointing arrow next to where it says 'channel art template', and then click on 'channel art templates' to download them to your computer. When we open up the zip file, you'll notice that there will be two file types: a png image and a psd file for Photoshop editing. We'll be uploading the png image onto Canva. Let me show you how to do that.
In your Canva account, click on the search bar, and type in 'YouTube Channel Art'. As you can see, this graphic size will be exactly 2560px by 1440px, which are the exact dimensions recommended by YouTube for channel art. So go ahead and click on it, and select the 'blank' template.
To upload the YouTube channel art template we saved to our computer to this design, click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side menu, 'upload an image or video', locate the png template in your files, and then click on 'open'. Now drag-and-drop that onto your design, and resize it so that it occupies the entire space.
Here's the cool part: everything you add to this dark grey 'text and logo safe area' will be visible on desktop, tablet, desktop max and TV, without having any bits or pieces being broken off or invisible. So let's add the important bits of information to our YouTube banner.
To add our picture, click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, 'frames', and then drag-and-drop the circle frame onto the working area. Resize it, and place it within the dark grey area. Now click on 'uploads', and either click on 'upload an image or video' to upload a photo of yourself to Canva, or if you already have done that, drag-and-drop that image so that it's within the circle frame.
To add an icon, click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, and then either search for the icon of your choice from the search bar, or scroll down on the elements tab to find one of your liking. Once you've found an icon you wish to add to your design, click on it, and resize and reposition it.
To add our name, click on 'text' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'add a heading'. Write your name in the text box, change its font, size, color and appearance from the text editor up top, and then place that text box under your photo frame. Repeat the same process to add your channel name, the type of content you publish, your upload frequency, as well as any other features you may want to add to your YouTube banner.
Once you've finished adding all the pieces of information, click on the YouTube channel art template, and then click on 'delete' on your computer. The amazing thing is that all of the elements you've added will be visible to your viewers independent of the device they're using, even without the template as the background. You can either leave the background white, or click on it, and then on the color picker up top, to edit its color.
Once you've finished creating your design, rename it by changing the title up top, and then click the 'download' button to edit the file type, size and any other options that appear before clicking on 'download' again to save your design to your computer.
To add this YouTube banner design to your YouTube channel, back on YouTube, click on 'select a photo from your computer', locate the design you just created, and then press 'open'. Adjust the crop if necessary, but since we used the template, you'll notice that our design fits perfectly across all devices. Then go ahead and click on 'select' to save your changes and make your YouTube banner active.
Now you know how to make a YouTube banner for free with Canva, even if you're not design-savvy. As promised, to get a FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools like Canva that you can use in your online business to save time and boost your productivity, just click on the link in the description box below.
So which features did you add to your YouTube banner? I'd love to hear your answer and start a conversation in the comments below, and also make sure to click on the link in the description box below to get a free 30-day trial of Canva Pro, which is Canva's premium plan which includes everything in Canva, plus a bunch of other amazing features.
If you're new around here, hi I'm Marina Lotaif from Yes To Tech, and I'd love for you to join the family. You can do so by hitting the subscribe button and if you're already subscribed, and want to be notified every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am Eastern, just click on the bell after you subscribe and you'll be notified every single time I post. I hope you guys have an amazing day wherever you are and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO MAKE A YOUTUBE BANNER. Want to learn how to make channel art, how to make a banner and how to make YouTube channel art to add as your YouTube banner on your YouTube channel? In this YouTube banner tutorial, you'll learn how to make YouTube channel banner in a number of ways. We'll cover to make a YouTube banner on your phone, be it an iPhone or android, as well as how to make a YouTube banner on computer for free in Canva, which is a Photoshop, Picart and Pixlr alternative, in a way that works both in Macbook and Windows. Get ready to discover how to make banner for YouTube, specifically on how to make a YouTube banner fit on all devices.
GET A FREE 30-DAY TRIAL OF CANVA PRO: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/LPe3n
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS VIDEO:
How to make a youtube banner, how to make channel art, how to make a banner, how to make youtube channel art, youtube banner, how to make youtube channel banner, youtube banner on iphone, youtube banner on android, youtube banner photoshop, youtube banner on computer, youtube banner on phone, youtube banner fit on all devices, youtube banner on picart, youtube banner on macbook, youtube banner pixlr, how to make banner for youtube
- Get a FREE 30-day trial of Canva Pro: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
- FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools to run your online business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
- HOW TO POST YOUTUBE VIDEOS TO INSTAGRAM STORIES: Upload A YouTube Video To Instagram Story: https://youtu.be/-oWBndRqfx4
- POST YOUTUBE VIDEOS TO INSTAGRAM: Quick & Easy Way To Post YouTube Video To Instagram: https://youtu.be/3xDY3lf_kR8
- HOW TO MAKE YOUTUBE THUMBNAILS USING IPHONE: Make A Custom YouTube Thumbnail On iPhone: https://youtu.be/QkSQKL6BWrs
- FREE WEBINAR: HOW TO CREATE A WEBINAR FOR FREE IN 12 MINS - Host A Webinar On YouTube For Free: https://youtu.be/clULRUvCUCo
- ADD YOUTUBE VIDEO WIX: How To Add Video In Wix Website - Wix YouTube Video Tutorial: https://youtu.be/kZEeJp0m2qQ
DISCOUNT CODES & EXCLUSIVE OFFERS:
- ConvertKit (email marketing software): a 30-day free trial - https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
- Viraltag (social media marketing tool): a 14-day free trial and $15 off - https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
- Leadpages (landing page and website builder): a 14-day free trial - https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
- Interact Quiz Maker (quiz, poll and giveaway maker): a 14-day free trial - https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
- Hostinger (web hosting): 10% off with code YESTOTECH - https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
- Wix (website builder): 50% off yearly premium packages (first time users only) with code EDU_Mar17411703 - http://bit.ly/wixforfree
- Canva Pro (graphic design tool): a 30-day free trial - https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
- Visme (presentation, infographic and visual content creator): a free forever plan until you decide to upgrade - https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
- Teachable (online course platform): a free forever plan until you decide to upgrade - https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
SHOP THE STORE:
- Brilliant Branding: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/brilliant-branding-evergreen/
- Wonder Website: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/wonder-website-evergreen
- Traffic Takeoff: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/traffic-takeoff-evergreen
- Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/webinar-sales-funnel-template
- ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/convertkit-tech-training-tutorials
- Power Productivity: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/power-productivity-premium
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyrYdK6oMwI-gJ0Z5hOUHiw?sub_confirmation=1
MY FAVORITE TECH, TOOLS, AND RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
- Website: https://www.yestotech.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
Welcome to our YouTube channel! It's our mission at Yes To Tech to empower online entrepreneurs, bloggers, and small business owners like you to maximize your online presence - even if you're not tech savvy! Subscribe to our channel for tips and tricks on DIY website creation, social media marketing, e-mail marketing, branding, blogging, webinars, and video creation, for the tech needed when you're just getting started with your online business, and for step-by-step video tutorials created especially for the non-techie online entrepreneur's point of view.
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
#youtube #youtubebanner #youtubechannelart