Have you been wondering how to make a GIF so that you can create custom GIFs for your Instagram stories? In this video, I'll show you how to make a GIF of a graphic as well as how to turn yourself into a GIF and upload that GIF to Instagram.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to make GIFs for Instagram to be able to add custom GIFs to your Instagram stories to get you more views, more click-throughs and more conversions. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
The first kind of GIF we'll be making is of a graphic. To do so, head over to Canva, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, and use the search bar to search for Instagram post. When the Instagram post option populates, click on it, and then select the 'blank' template.
You can either use one of Canva's pre-designed templates, and make that into a GIF, or design your own GIF from scratch using individual elements. To make a GIF from one of Canva's pre-designed templates, click on the template you like to add it to your design area.
Just like with any regular Canva template, you can click on any elements on the page to customize them, such as the background, text and images, or click on any of the options from the left-hand side panel to add new photos, elements and text into your GIF.
For more details on how to customize a Canva design, make sure to watch my video on 'how to use Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you're happy with how your original design looks, click on 'copy page' above it. To transform this static image into a GIF, change a few elements on this second page, such as their position or color. For instance, I'm going to invert these colors.
Once you're done customizing your GIF created from one of Canva's pre-designed templates, rename your Canva design up top, click on 'download', and then click on 'download' once more.
To design your own GIF from scratch using individual elements, create a new Instagram post design in Canva by following the same steps as before. Click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, search for an icon that you like, and then drag and drop it to your design area.
To transform this static image into a GIF, just as before, click on 'copy page' above your design, and change a few elements on this second page, such as their position or color. This time, I'm going to rotate the image 90 degrees.
Once you're done customizing your GIF created from individual elements in Canva, rename your Canva design up top, click on 'download', make sure that this 'transparent background' option is selected, which you can do as a Canva Pro user, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, and then click on 'download' once more.
Before transforming these images we just created in Canva into a GIF, let's shoot a mini clip and to transform ourselves into a GIF. The higher quality camera you use the better this will work, but I'll be using my phone camera for demo purposes.
So use the video option on your phone to record a mini clip of yourself, such as pointing up to mimic the swipe up feature, and then click on 'edit' up top to cut the beginning and end where you're clicking the record button .
Send yourself that video file to your computer. If you don't know how to do that, make sure to watch my video on 'how to transfer photos from your iPhone to a Mac', I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Head over to a website called Cloud Convert to change the file type from mov to mp4, and then head over to a website called Unscreen to remove the background of that video. Once the background has been removed, save this new clip to your computer.
Now onto the fun part. It's time to transform all of the designs we created into GIFs, to then add them to Instagram stories. Head over to a website called GIF maker, and then upload the images you downloaded from Canva, as well as the video you just created, each design at a time.
After the images from Canva have been uploaded, you can change the canvas size, change the animation speed, select how many times this GIF should repeat itself, as well as add music if you wish. Once you're done editing your GIF settings, click on 'create GIF animation'. Once the GIF has been created, click on 'download the GIF'.
After your video has been uploaded, adjust the start time, end time, image width, image height and frames per second settings, and then click on 'convert now'. Once the video has been converted into a GIF, click on 'download'.
To add these GIFs to your Instagram stories, transfer these GIFs to your phone, again, if you don't know how to do that, make sure to watch my video on 'how to transfer photos from your iPhone to a Mac', I'll leave the link to it in the description box below, and then open up your Instagram stories.
Take a picture or open up the picture you wish to add the GIFS we created to, then open up the GIF on your camera roll, select the share icon on the bottom left, click on 'copy photo', and then when you open up your Instagram story, you'll see a 'add sticker' option on the bottom right. Click on that to add your custom GIF to your Instagram story.
You can now resize and reposition your GIF, and copy any other GIFs you created from your camera roll to add them to your Instagram stories.
If you're serious about making a GIF to create custom GIFs for Instagram stories, make sure you check out our FREE content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas below this video to learn more about how you can get more views, more click-throughs and more conversions.
Make sure you comment below and let me know what kind of GIF you'll be adding to Instagram. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to outline a picture for thumbnails, so you definitely don't want to miss out on that. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO MAKE A GIF: Create Custom Gifs For Instagram Stories. Learn how to make a GIF and upload that GIF to Instagram to boost the engagement in your Instagram account // Click here to get your FREE content calendar: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/1J5dR
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ Get A FREE 30-day Trial Of Canva Pro: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ FREE content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Transfer Photos From Your iPhone To Your Computer: https://youtu.be/RF1kX5Ja0x0
○ Cloud Convert: https://cloudconvert.com/
○ Unscreen: https://www.unscreen.com/upload
○ GIF Maker: https://gifmaker.me/
○ How To Make Twitter Screenshot Graphics For Instagram: https://youtu.be/Zap88_SHdek
○ How To Make A Workbook In Canva: https://youtu.be/lPQhGI5Azto
○ 8 Canva Tips & Tricks You May Not Know About: https://youtu.be/U2XHicdUXDo
○ How To Edit A PDF For Free: https://youtu.be/OjJjrresH_I
○ How To Convert A PDF To A Word Document: https://youtu.be/lvsbHrdMc7k
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS VIDEO:
How to make a gif, how to make gifs, how to create custom gifs for instagram stories, animated gif, gif, how to make a gif in canva, gifs, instagram stories, instagram, how to make a gif for instagram, how to make a gif and upload to instagram, how to make a gif for inst