eCover Tutorial: How To Create An eBook Cover Design: Smartmockups Easy Canva Tutorial For Beginners
Wondering how to create an eBook cover design? In this eCover tutorial, I'll be sharing how to use Canva as your online eCover creator software to make a 3D eCover. So let's get right into this Smartmockups easy Canva tutorial for beginners on how to create a free eBook cover.
First off, if you don't have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. When creating an eBook cover design, we first need to create the actual eCover, and then transform that into an eBook mockup.
To create an eBook cover design, in your Canva homepage, use the search bar to search for 'eBook cover'. Once that option populates, click on it. Canva has a number of eCover templates that you can choose from, or you can click on create a blank eBook cover up top to start from scratch. Once you've located an eCover design that you enjoy, click on it to edit it.
You can either leave this Canva eBook cover design as is, or replace the content, customize the existing elements or click on any of the icons on the left-hand side panel to add additional elements to edit this Canva design further so that it looks the way you wish. For more details on how to customize a design in Canva, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Before we can transform this eBook cover design into an eCover mockup, we first need to save it. To save the eCover you created using Canva, rename your eCover design up top, and then click on the download icon on the top, right-hand side. Select the file type, in this case, either PNG or JPG, size, and additional options if you so wish, and then click on the 'download' button at the bottom.
Once your eBook cover design has been downloaded to your computer, head back to your Canva homepage, and either use the search bar up top or the suggested design templates to select a template in the size of your choice, such as an Instagram post.
There are two ways that you can transform this eBook cover design into an eCover mockup. Before we get into that, let's first upload the eBook cover design into Canva. To do so, click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, 'upload media', 'device', locate the eCover design you just saved, and then click on 'open'.
Now let's transform this eBook cover design into an eCover mockup. The first way you can do so is by clicking on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, on 'see all' next to frames, and then scrolling down until you reach the eBook frame. Once you locate it, drag-and-drop it onto your design, and feel free to resize and reposition it.
If you click on the eBook frame, a number of color pickers will appear up top, where you can customize the look and feel of your book. To add your eBook cover design into this eCover, click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, and then drag-and-drop your eBook cover design into this frame.
The second way you can transform your eBook cover design into an eCover mockup is by using Canva's Smartmockups feature. Let's first click on 'add page' on the top-right of this design so I can show you how to do that.
Still with the 'uploads' panel open on the left-hand side panel, click on your eBook cover design to add it to your page. With that design selected, click on 'edit image' from the white panel up top. Scroll down until you reach the 'Smartmockups' section, and then click on 'see all' next to that.
Scroll down until you reach the 'books' section, and then select an eCover mockup of your choice, such as book 1. If you wish to make some edits to your eCover mockup, click on the filter icon within the mockup you chose, and edit the crop to either fill, fit or custom, as well as your object color if applicable. Once you're happy with how your eCover design looks like, click on 'apply' at the bottom. Feel free to resize and reposition your eCover mockup.
Just as before, to save the eCover you created using Canva, rename your eCover design up top, and then click on the download icon on the top, right-hand side. Select the file type, in this case I'll choose PNG, size, and transparent background from the additional options to make this white background transparent rather than white, which is a Canva Pro feature, but you can try it out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, and then click on the 'download' button at the bottom.
Now if we open up these eBook cover designs, you'll see the eCover design you created within an eBook mockup, without anything else around it.
If you're serious about learning more about how to use Canva to create an eBook cover design, make sure to check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you'll be using Smartmockups or Canva Free to design your eCover. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to customize a Canva Pro brand kit. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
eCover Tutorial: How To Create An eBook Cover Design: Smartmockups Easy Canva Tutorial For Beginners. Wondering how to create an eBook cover design? If you're searching for a 3d eCover creator, a free eCover maker or even a free eCover creator online, this eCover software video is for you. In this eCover tutorial, I'll be sharing how to use Canva as your online eCover creator software to make a 3D eCover. You can use Smartmockups to create 3D eCovers or Canva Free to design your eCover. So let's get right into this Smartmockups easy Canva tutorial for beginners on how to create a free eBook cover.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/a9Dzc
○ What Is Canva And How Does It Work? Complete Canva Review: https://youtu.be/xW1zgQjPzrw
○ How To Create YouTube Video Transitions With Canva: https://youtu.be/CuPfcGEsj10
○ How To Make Video Lessons In Canva: https://youtu.be/MG-23Oy-jBE
○ How To Edit Videos In Canva: https://youtu.be/ICko9gaWvcs
○ How To Make Instagram Infographics With Canva: https://youtu.be/NCXxsLH6UHA
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!