ConvertKit Automations: How To Set Up ConvertKit Automation Rules And ConvertKit Link Triggers
Wondering how to set up ConvertKit automation rules and ConvertKit link triggers? In this ConvertKit tutorial for beginners, you'll learn how to use ConvertKit automations to make the most out of your email marketing efforts. So let's get right into this ConvertKit review on how to set up ConvertKit email marketing software for ConvertKit automation, including ConvertKit automation examples.
First off, if you don't have a ConvertKit account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. To set up ConvertKit automation rules, log in to your ConvertKit account, click on 'automate' from the panel up top, and then on 'rules'.
With ConvertKit automations, you're able to set "if this, then that" automation rules. This is where you can view all of the ConvertKit automations that you've created, including the ConvertKit link triggers, action and status. To set up a new ConvertKit automation rule, click on 'new rule' on the top, right-hand side.
On the left-hand side, you'll be selecting the trigger, which is the event that needs to happen. On the right-hand side, you'll be selecting the action, which is what will happen once the event is triggered.
Triggers include subscribes to a sequence, which is when a user subscribes to a sequence, subscribers to a form, which is when a user subscribes to a form, completes a sequence, which is when a user completes a sequence, clicks a link, which is when a user clicks a link, tag added, which is when a user is tagged, tag removed, which is when a tag is removed from a user, and purchases a product, which is when a user buys a product through another provider.
Actions include subscribes to a sequence, which is when you subscribe a user to a sequence, unsubscribe from a sequence, which is when you unsubscribe a user from a sequence, subscribe to a form, which is when you subscribe a user to a form, unsubscribe from a form, which is when you unsubscribe a user from a form, add tag, which is when you tag a user, remove tag, which is when you remove a tag from a user, and set custom field, which is when you set a custom field value for this user.
Once you click on any of these triggers or actions, you can then select exactly what needs to be triggered or what needs to occur from the dropdown menus that appear. You can link one trigger to one action, multiple triggers to one action, one trigger to multiple actions, multiple triggers to multiple actions, or any combination of triggers and actions that you prefer.
The best part is that after you set these ConvertKit automations, every time that an event occurs, ConvertKit will automatically do the action for you, without any additional work on your end. However, these ConvertKit link triggers don't work retroactively, meaning that they only start working from the moment you create them.
Let's go through some examples of ConvertKit automation rules that you may want to create. For instance, you can have as a trigger 'subscribes to a form', such as my Epic Website challenge, and then as an action 'subscribe to a sequence', which would be the actual Epic Website Challenge.
If you're running a webinar, you can have as the trigger 'clicks a link', where you can add the name of your webinar and webinar signup page link, and then as the action 'subscribes to a sequence', for those who registered for the webinar, as well as 'add tag' for those who registered for the webinar, so that you can send specific emails just to those who registered.
If you sell products, you can have as the trigger 'purchases a product', select the provider, in my case Teachable, and select your product from the dropdown menu, and then repeat that process for all of the products you sell, and then as the action 'subscribes to a sequence', where you can provide them more information about how to access the product they just purchased.
Once you're done setting up ConvertKit automations, remember to click on 'save rule' at the bottom. This ConvertKit automation rule you just created will now appear at the very bottom of the rules page in ConvertKit.
You can click on it to change the automation rule triggers and actions to something else, or even to delete it if you don't wish this link trigger to be in effect any longer. As soon as this new rule you set is triggered, a history section will appear at the bottom, where you'll be able to see the number of times that this ConvertKit automation was triggered, the subscriber who initiated it, as well as the date.
If you're serious about setting up ConvertKit automation rules and ConvertKit link triggers, make sure to sign up for a free ConvertKit account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our ConvertKit tutorials playlist for even more ConvertKit tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know what you'll be using ConvertKit automations for. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to use a ConvertKit newsletter, better known as ConvertKit broadcasts. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CONVERTKIT AUTOMATIONS: How To Set Up ConvertKit Automation Rules (ConvertKit Link Triggers). Wondering how to set up ConvertKit automation rules and ConvertKit link triggers? In this ConvertKit tutorial for beginners, you'll learn how to use ConvertKit automations to make the most out of your email marketing efforts. If you want to do email marketing for beginners, this automation rules ConvertKit tutorial is for you. So let's get right into this ConvertKit review on how to set up ConvertKit email marketing software for ConvertKit automation, including ConvertKit automation examples.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try ConvertKit For FREE: https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ ConvertKit Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTfJo-E8L8s&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqtJkoJPQelKJdOI77aaqIhB
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com//post/convertkit-automations-how-to-set-up-convertkit-automation-rules-convertkit-link-triggers
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/oLs4j
○ Email Sequence Strategy To Build A Sales Funnel: https://youtu.be/awiVVN8C618
○ How To Create A Facebook Business Page: https://youtu.be/sCawD65o5a0
○ How To Make Money On Pinterest With Affiliate Marketing: https://youtu.be/qHxGtEtRkm0
○ How To Create A Pinterest Business Account: https://youtu.be/vHWzOpRWB6s
○ How To Find Low Competition Keywords For Video Marketing: https://youtu.be/69MluYmXONo
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources