Wondering how to create silver, gold and glitter letters in Canva? A while back, I posted a tutorial on 'how to make a gold text effect in Photoshop', if you haven't watched that yet, I'll leave the link to it in the description box below, but in this Canva tutorial, you’ll learn an even simpler way to create foil lettering in Canva.
By the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to use Canva to create metallic foil lettering, be it golden letters, silver letters or even glitter letters, to elevate your Canva designs. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, subscribe for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, use the search bar, or the suggested designs on your Canva homepage, to locate the design type you’d like to create and add foil lettering to, such as an Instagram post. Once that option populates, click on it.
You can either add your silver, gold or glitter letters to this blank template, or click on ‘templates’ from the left-hand side panel to add metallic foil lettering to an already existing Canva template. Let’s use a blank template to make it easier to visualize this process.
Click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel, scroll down until you reach the ‘frames’ section, and then click on ‘see all’. Scroll down again until you reach the letters of the alphabet. Drag-and-drop the letters you wish to add silver, gold or glitter texture to.
Let’s start by writing out the word silver. You can resize and reposition the letters to ensure that they fit on your Canva design. You can also select all the letters, click on ‘position’ from the white panel up top, and then on ‘tidy up’ to ensure that the spacing between each of these letters is the same.
Now click on ‘photos’ from the left-hand side panel, and use the search bar to search for ‘silver’. Choose a silver photo of your choice, and drag-and-drop that photo into each of the letter frames to make silver text in Canva.
Alternatively, you can use a stock photo website of silver, gold or glitter to create foil lettering in Canva. Let’s click on ‘add page’ from the top, right-hand side of your design and go through that process.
Just like before, click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel, ‘frames’, see all, and then drag-and-drop the letters of your choice onto your Canva design. This time, let’s add the word gold, and click on ‘position’ from the white panel up top, and then on ‘tidy up’ to ensure that the spacing between each of these letters is the same.
Now head over to the stock photo website of your choice, such the thestocks.im, for more details on that website, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to find free stock photos for websites’, I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below, and search for ‘gold’. Choose a gold photo of your choice, and then click on the ‘download free’ button.
Once your gold photo has downloaded, head back to Canva, click on ‘uploads’ from the left-hand side panel, ‘upload media’, from ‘device’, locate the gold photo you just downloaded, and then click on ‘open’. Just as before, drag-and-drop that photo into each of the letter frames to make gold text in Canva.
Let’s do something different now and add glitter letters in Canva by adding them to an existing Canva template rather than to a blank one. To do so, click on ‘add page’ from the top, right-hand side of your design, and then on ‘templates’ from the left-hand side panel. Locate a template which you would like to add glitter letters to, and then click on it to add it to your Canva design.
Just like before, click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel, ‘frames’, see all, and then drag-and-drop the letters of your choice onto your Canva design. This time, let’s add the word glitter, and click on ‘position’ from the white panel up top, and then on ‘tidy up’ to ensure that the spacing between each of these letters is the same.
You can either add a glitter photo to these letter frames directly from Canva’s photo database, by clicking on ‘photos’ from the left-hand side panel, and use the search bar to search for ‘glitter’. Choose a glitter photo of your choice, and drag-and-drop that photo into each of the letter frames to make glitter text in Canva.
Alternatively, you can follow the same process we did when creating gold text, and select a glitter photo from a stock photo website. Head over to the stock photo website of your choice, such the thestocks.im, and search for ‘glitter’. Choose a glitter photo of your choice, and then click on the ‘download free’ button.
Once your glitter photo has downloaded, head back to Canva, click on ‘uploads’ from the left-hand side panel, ‘upload media’, from ‘device’, locate the glitter photo you just downloaded, and then click on ‘open’. Just as before, drag-and-drop that photo into each of the letter frames to make glitter text in Canva.
If you're serious about creating silver, gold and glitter letters in Canva, make sure to check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you’ll be using Canva to create foil lettering. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create a glowing outline in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA TUTORIAL: How To Create Silver, Gold + Glitter Letters In Canva - Foil Lettering In Canva. Learn how to use Canva to create metallic foil lettering (gold, silver + glitter letters) // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/FdQG1
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Make Gold Text Effect In Photoshop: https://youtu.be/Ofci7AnCGN4
○ How To Find Free Stock Photos For Websites: https://youtu.be/rH0gbyj-iL4
○ How To Adjust The Duration Of Your Animations In Canva: https://youtu.be/LkUGiwLAG34
○ How To Make Animated Subscribe Button For YouTube Channel For Free: https://youtu.be/NXH7to5HR78
○ How Much Is Canva Pro And Is It Worth It To Upgrade? https://youtu.be/HmW5FU3h-ro
○ How To Create An Instagram Carousel With Canva: https://youtu.be/OipBnwNJang
○ How To Change Background Color On Instagram Stories: https://youtu.be/48U6J4Fb6pI
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!