Wondering how to create a gradient in Canva? In this Canva tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a gradient that fades to transparent as well as a gradient that goes from one color to another.
By the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to use gradients in your design and how to customize the color of a gradient in Canva with ease. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, subscribe for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, use the search bar, or the suggested designs on your Canva homepage, to locate the design type which you’d like to add a gradient to, such as an Instagram post. Once that option populates, click on it.
We'll be creating two types of gradients in Canva: a gradient that fades to transparent and a gradient that goes from one color to another.
Let's first add to this Canva design the image that we wish to add the gradient that fades to transparent. To do so, either click on 'photos' from the left-hand side panel to add a photo from Canva's stock photo library, or click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'upload media' to add a photo from your device, Facebook, Google Drive, Instagram or Dropbox.
Once you have located the photo you wish to add the gradient effect that goes from a solid color to transparent, drag-and-drop it onto your Canva design. Now click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, and click on the search bar to search for 'gradient'. Scroll down until you locate the 'gradient that fades to transparency', and then drag-and-drop that gradient onto your design.
The default color for this gradient is purple, but you can click on the color picker from the white menu up top to change the gradient’s color to any other color of your choice. You can also resize and reposition the gradient effect so that it’s applied to your entire Canva design.
As you can see, this gradient goes from a solid color to transparency from the left to the right. You can also rotate the gradient effect so that it fades to transparency from top to bottom, from right to left or from bottom to top.
If you so wish, you can click on the transparency icon from the white panel up top, to reduce the transparency of the colored portion of the gradient so that the photo that you added to your Canva design appears through the colored portion of the gradient.
Now that you know how to create a gradient that fades to transparent, let’s create a gradient that goes from one color to another. Let’s click on ‘add page’ from the top-right of our design to start fresh.
Just as before, either click on ‘photos’ or on ‘uploads’ from the left-hand side panel to locate the photo you wish to add the gradient effect that goes from one solid color to another, and then drag-and-drop it onto your Canva design. Now click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, and click on the search bar to search for 'gradient'. Scroll down until you locate the 'square gradient', and then drag-and-drop that gradient onto your design.
Resize and reposition the gradient effect so that it’s applied to your entire Canva design. The default color for this gradient is blue and purple, but you can click on the color picker from the white menu up top to change the gradient’s colors to any other two colors of your choice.
As you can see, since there isn’t transparency to this gradient, it covered the photo below it. To get the photo to appear, while still maintaining the gradient effect, click on the transparency icon from the white panel, and then on the transparency icon, to reduce the transparency of the colored gradient.
This gradient goes from turquoise to yellow from left to right, but, just as before, you can rotate the gradient effect so that it goes from turquoise to yellow from top to bottom, from right to left or from bottom to top. You can even rotate the gradient effect and resize it, so that the gradient appears diagonally across the photo underneath it.
As always, you can add other elements to this design, including lines, shapes, graphics, photos, videos, audios, charts, frames, grids and more, to take it to the next level, or even click on ‘templates’ from the left-hand side panel to a gradient to one of Canva’s pre-designed templates. For more details on how to customize a design in Canva, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you’re done adding a gradient to your Canva design, rename your design up top, and then click on the ‘download’ button. Make sure that the file type is set to either JPG or PNG, and then click on ‘download’ again to save your Canva design with a gradient added to it to your computer.
If you're serious about creating a gradient in Canva, make sure to check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you’ll be creating a solid to transparent gradient in Canva, or a gradient that goes from one color to another. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create a table in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA GRADIENT TUTORIAL: How To Create A Gradient In Canva. Learn how to create a gradient that fades to transparent + a gradient that goes from one color to another // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/4jks2
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Create An Outline Around Your Text In Canva: https://youtu.be/KnFjdDi38HU
○ How To Create A Glowing Outline In Canva: https://youtu.be/p4cswaKVvBs
○ How To Create Silver, Gold + Glitter Letters In Canva: https://youtu.be/JqksWngZ6kM
○ How To Adjust The Duration Of Your Animations In Canva: https://youtu.be/LkUGiwLAG34
○ How To Make Animated Subscribe Button For YouTube Channel For Free: https://youtu.be/NXH7to5HR78
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!