Choosing the right website builder for you is probably the main thing that's holding you back from creating a website yourself. It makes sense. There are so many paid and free website builders out there that it's easy to suffer from decision fatigue, and just give up even before you start.
Fret not, my friend. I’ve got your back. Hi, I’m Marina, and I share simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs as a non-techie entrepreneur. Keep watching to see a comparison between 4 of the best website builders to create your own website: Wix, Squarespace, Weebly and WordPress.
Out of the four website builders we'll be talking about today, the Wix website builder is the one I use for my business. Those who are just starting out and want to test the web design waters will enjoy its intuitive interface.
Want to add an image? Easy. Just click ‘add image’, and either upload one yourself or add one of the numerous stock photos included. The same goes for any other thing you want to add, since Wix is a pure drag-and-drop editor.
To create your own website with Wix, you can select from numerous templates that are crafted for particular industries. The only disadvantage with this is that once you choose a Wix template and have started creating your website with it, you can't change it, so choose wisely.
All of Wix's templates are mobile responsive, and can be edited to suit the needs of smaller screens. Wix also offers various widgets, free and paid, that you can add to customize your website’s look, feel and design.
Wix offers eight plans that range from $0 to $500 per month on an annual plan, and includes a free forever version. I use the Unlimited Plan, that costs $23 per month if you pay month by month, or $18 per month if you pay annually.
For a more in-depth analysis as to why I chose Wix as the best free website builder, check out my Wix review, which I'll link to in the description box below.
One of the main advantages of the Squarespace website builder is the myriad integrations it has with third-party providers, like Leadpages, as well as its strong website building options and tools. All of Squarespace's templates are mobile responsive without having to make any additional changes to the website.
This is good since its interface is not so user- and beginner-friendly, and it doesn't offer an in-house widget marketplace.
Squarespace is also scalable as your business grows, since it's excellent for ecommerce and creating sales pages. Unlike Wix, it has deep analytics features. It also provides a free SSL certificate.
Squarespace offers four plans that range from $14 to $49 per month when paid annually. Although Squarespace doesn't offer a free plan, it has a 14-day free trial.
The Weebly website builder is easy-to-use and produces professional-looking websites. It has been consistently adding more and more features to its website builder, as well as offering updates to existing features.
Although Weebly's templates are not as beautiful as the ones in Wix, you can change the template after you've selected it, mainly because you can only add content to certain areas.
If you're proficient in coding, Weebly is great since you can edit its HTML and CSS code. This is useful if you want to make changes to certain elements, and allows for greater flexibility in the design. You can also export your website code, but once you do that, editing in the future will be purely code-based.
Two of the main disadvantages of the Weebly website builder are that it doesn't provide a universal undo option, and you can't add images to the website more than once after they've been uploaded.
Weebly offers five plans that range from $0 to $38 per month, and includes a free, basic option.
The WordPress website builder allows you to choose from two options: WordPress.com and WordPress.org. The main difference between both is that with WordPress.org, you host your own website. WordPress.com has many limitations with regard to customizations, templates, plugins, and adding a domain name, so in this best website builder comparison, I’ll be talking about WordPress.org.
Since WordPress is an open source platform, which means that their code is open to anyone, it is great at offering a huge variety of plugins and templates for you to choose from. Some of these are free, and are a part of their own library, and others are paid, and can be purchased from third party websites.
The downside to this is that, due to the large quantity of options, not all of them are particularly good or useful, and you can suffer from decision fatigue trying to decide on the best option for you.
Compared to the other website builders we’re addressing today, WordPress has the steepest learning curve, and so isn't beginner-friendly. You do need to know how to code if you want a unique website that stands out from the rest. It also requires frequent maintenance and monitoring on your end.
The initial investment for a WordPress site is also steeper than its website builder counterparts. Since you’ll be paying individually for hosting, a premium theme, plugins and a domain name, you'll be cashing out at least $150-$200, on the low end, in the first year.
If you're trying to choose which is the best free website builder for you, and want to see the pros and cons of each website builder side by side, I created the perfect resource for you. With the FREE Website Builder Comparison Table, you can see the advantages and disadvantages of selecting Wix, Weebly, Squarespace or WordPress as your website builder of choice. You can download your free copy of the Website Builder Comparison Table by clicking on the link in the description box below.
So which website builder did you or will you choose to create your own website on? Why? Make sure to let us know in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this free website builder comparison, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. Remember to download the free comparison table, check out these two videos for even more website creation tips and tricks, and I'll see you in the next one.
BEST FREE WEBSITE BUILDER: The Best Website Builder To Create Your Own Website (+ Why I Chose Wix). Want to know which is the best free website builder or which is the best builder to create your own website? Choosing the right website builder is what's holding you back from creating a website yourself. There are so many paid and free website builders out there, including a no code website builder and easy website builder, that it's easy to suffer from decision fatigue. Watch this comparison between 4 of the best website builders for small business: Wix, Squarespace, Weebly and WordPress.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
~ RESOURCES MENTIONED ~
○ FREE Website Builder Comparison Table: https://www.yestotech.com/website-builder-comparison-table
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Best Website Builder (Wix Review): https://youtu.be/hpKU938zTKg
○ Try Leadpages For FREE: https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Create Your Own Website Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNL5gEeIhRc&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqsSO58zV2lTGCH4DnzjPp2r
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/pl89N
~ RECENT VIDEOS ~
○ How Much Does It Cost To Build A Website? https://youtu.be/p1K2jL54Hxk
○ How To Create Your Own Website For Free: https://youtu.be/awylZ9Qy3SM
○ Tools To Start Your Online Business: https://youtu.be/hUoA8SPQZpk
○ How To Start An Online Business: https://youtu.be/VCFlJby6UEs
○ Facebook Shop Setup: https://youtu.be/5EoHA1XTZn4
~ TOOLS & SERVICES I USE ~
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
~ SHOP MY COURSES ~
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
~ COME SAY HI! ~
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!