Website Building: How Much Should You Expect To Spend? Exposing The Hidden Costs Of Website Building
Ready to create your own website but worried about how much it really costs to build a website? Since not knowing your website maintenance cost is likely to give you a headache, here are all the software and tech-related website costs you'll incur when you're just getting started.
Hi, I’m Marina, and I share simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs as a non-techie entrepreneur. You may be surprised by how cost-effective creating a website yourself really is, especially since you may already be paying for some of these services.
Website Creation Platform
The first thing you're going to need is to purchase a plan on a website creation platform. I use and recommend Wix (for more on this, check out my Wix review video. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below).
At the time that I'm recording this video, Wix has 8 different plans that range from $0 to $500 per month. If you don't have a Wix account yet, you can try it out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below.
The Free plan costs $0 per month, the Combo plan costs $18 per month, the Unlimited plan costs $23 per month, the Pro plan costs $28 per month, the VIP plan costs $56 per month, the Business Basic plan costs $28 per month, the Business Unlimited plan costs $33 per month, the Business VIP plan costs $56 per month, and the Enterprise plan costs $500 per month. If you opt for an annual Wix plan instead of a monthly plan, you'll get an additional discount up to 22%.
For entrepreneurs and small business owners, the Unlimited plan suffices. This costs $23 per month if you pay month by month, or $18 per month if you pay annually. Your website is most likely going to be live for the long haul, so annual billing is best. The total cost per year for Wix on the Unlimited plan is $216.
Having and connecting your own domain instead of using the free domain that Wix provides you with gives your website a more professional feel. I use GoDaddy for purchasing domains.
The cost for this can range from just a couple of dollars to thousands of dollars if the domain you want has been previously purchased. On average, a domain costs $15 per year, so let’s use that as our final amount.
Custom Email Address
When sending emails to your clients, students, followers and subscribers, you will want an email address that is customized to your business. Having one ending in @gmail.com not only is less professional, but is also blocked by numerous email marketing service providers.
As such, it's best you use G Suite to purchase your custom email address. This costs a reasonable $6 per user per month, includes 30GB of cloud storage, and grants access to Google Docs, Drive, Calendar and more Google services. Yearly, your custom email address costs come out to $72.
Email Marketing Service
Once you've created your own website, one of your main goals should be to grow your email list. To do this with ease, you'll need an email marketing service provider, where you can schedule and automate emails to your subscribers.
I suggest you opt for ConvertKit as your email marketing service provider, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below. ConvertKit has a free plan to help you get started, but if you want to access ConvertKit's automated funnels and sequences, it'll cost you $15 per month for up to 300 subscribers.
If you're on a budget, and given that you're just starting out, I'm going to assume that you are, let's choose ConvertKit's free plan rather than the paid one. No extra costs incurred for this service.
There you go! These are all the software and tech-related website maintenance costs you'll have when you're just starting out. Granted, you can select options that are cheaper, or even decide that other softwares, such as Leadpages for creating landing pages ($444 per year on their Standard plan) and Tailwind for scheduling social media posts ($120 per year on their Pro plan), are necessary and non-negotiable. This will depend on your business’ needs.
By selecting the website creation platform, domain name, custom email address and email marketing service options I just covered, how much does it cost to build a website? A completely manageable $303 per year. As your online business grows, your service or product charges for just one month should be more than enough to cover that.
Creating a website yourself is infinitely cheaper than paying thousands of dollars for a professional designer. If you were on the fence as to whether or not you should create a website yourself, I hope this gives you the push you were needing to make up your mind.
If you enjoyed this website maintenance cost breakdown, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. For more, download the free Complete Website Creation guide I linked to in the description box below, check out these two videos for even more website creation tips and tricks, and I'll see you in the next one.
WEBSITE MAINTENANCE COST: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Website? Wondering how much does it cost to build a website and how much does it cost to make a website? In this website maintenance cost video, get a website cost calculator on how much does a website cost for you to figure your website design cost. We'll cover the what is website maintenance, importance of website maintenance and website maintenance services, all related to website cost. You'll even learn how much does it cost to build an ecommerce website and how much does it cost to start a blog.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
~ RESOURCES MENTIONED ~
○ FREE Complete Website Creation Guide: https://www.yestotech.com/complete-website-creation-guide
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Best Website Builder (Wix Review): https://youtu.be/hpKU938zTKg
○ Try ConvertKit For FREE: https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Try Leadpages For FREE: https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Try Tailwind For FREE: https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Create Your Own Website Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNL5gEeIhRc&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqsSO58zV2lTGCH4DnzjPp2r
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/I8eac
~ RECENT VIDEOS ~
○ How To Create Your Own Website For Free: https://youtu.be/awylZ9Qy3SM
○ Tools To Start Your Online Business: https://youtu.be/hUoA8SPQZpk
○ How To Start An Online Business: https://youtu.be/VCFlJby6UEs
○ Facebook Shop Setup: https://youtu.be/5EoHA1XTZn4
○ How To Find Your Target Audience: https://youtu.be/DO_Q_gvoH5k
~ TOOLS & SERVICES I USE ~
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
~ SHOP MY COURSES ~
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
~ COME SAY HI! ~
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!