Wondering how to make an animated subscribe button for your YouTube channel for free? In this subscribe button green screen tutorial, you’ll learn how to create an animated YouTube subscribe button to get your viewers to subscribe and hit the bell when watching your YouTube videos.
By the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to design a green screen animated subscribe button to boost your watch time and number of subscribers with ease. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, subscribe for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
We’ll be using Canva to create an animated subscribe button for your YouTube channel. If you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free.
Once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, click on the search bar and search for YouTube thumbnail. Once that option pops up, click on it, and then click on ‘create a blank YouTube thumbnail’ on the following page.
Click on your design at large, and then on the color picker up top, and change the background color from white to green to serve as a starting point for your subscribe button green screen. Then click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel, and click on the ‘square’ under the ‘shapes’ section.
Click on the color picker up top, and change its color to white, and then resize and reposition it so that it’s a rectangle on the bottom left of your screen, or on any other location of your choice where you wish to add the animated YouTube subscribe button.
Now let’s start customizing how our YouTube subscribe and hit the bell animation looks like. The first thing we’ll do is add our YouTube channel profile picture to this white rectangle. There are two ways that you can do this.
The first way is to head over to your YouTube channel, click on videos from the panel up top, and then click on your most recent YouTube video. Take a screenshot of your YouTube channel profile picture, and then head back to Canva, click on ‘uploads’ from the left-hand side panel, upload media, upload from device, locate your YouTube channel profile picture that you just took a screenshot of in your files, and then click on ‘open’. Drag-and-drop that image onto your design, and resize and reposition it so that it’s on the very left of the white rectangle.
The second way is to click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel in Canva, locate the ‘frames’ section and the circle frame, and drag-and-drop that onto your design. Resize and reposition it so that it’s on the very left of the white rectangle.
To add your YouTube channel profile picture to this frame, click on ‘uploads’ from the left-hand side panel, and either locate your profile picture that you have already uploaded to Canva, or click on ‘upload media’, and then on either device, Facebook, Google Drive, Instagram or Dropbox, to locate and open your YouTube profile picture file. Then drag-and-drop that profile picture onto the circle frame.
Now click on ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel, and then on ‘add a subheading’. Write out your YouTube channel name. Resize it so that the text is 24 pixels, and change the font to Roboto, which is the font that YouTube uses. Drag-and-drop the text so that it’s to the right of your YouTube profile picture.
To add the YouTube subscribe button and bell animations, click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel, and use the search bar to search for YouTube subscribe. Click on the filter icon on the right of the search bar, and select ‘animated’ under animation, and on ‘free’ under availability, and then click on ‘apply filters.
Drag-and-drop the subscribe button and bell animations of your choice onto your design, and resize and reposition them so that they fit inside the white rectangle. If necessary, feel free to increase the size of the white triangle.
To make sure that the distance between your YouTube profile picture, YouTube handle, subscribe button animation and bell animation is the same, select these four elements, click on the three little dots on the white panel up top, position, and then tidy up.
You can also change the timing of this animation to fit your needs by clicking on ‘timing’ from the white panel on top, and change that to the duration of your choice. I have my animation set to 4.5 seconds.
Once you’re done creating your animated subscribe button for your YouTube channel, rename your design up top, and then click on the ‘download’ button. Make sure that the file type is set to MP4 video, and then click on ‘download’ again.
To add this green screen animated subscribe button to your YouTube video, open up the software you use to edit your YouTube videos, in my case, iMovie. For more details on how to edit a video on iMovie, make sure to watch my video on that topic. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now drag-and-drop the file you downloaded from Canva with the subscribe and bell animation to the location of your video where you wish to add it, and make sure that it’s selected. Click on the video overlay settings button from the panel up top, and where it says ‘cutaway’, select green / blue screen.
iMovie will remove the green screen and reveal your animation (which is everything we added to the white rectangle in Canva) over the clip that you had previously added. You can even add sound effects directly from iMovie to your animation to pop even further. If you don’t want the white rectangle to appear in your animation, you can repeat everything that we did without adding the white rectangle.
If you're serious about making an animated subscribe button for your YouTube channel for free, make sure to check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you’ll be designing a green screen animated subscribe button to boost your watch time and number of subscribers on YouTube. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to adjust the duration of your animations in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
SUBSCRIBE BUTTON GREEN SCREEN: How To Make Animated Subscribe Button For YouTube Channel For Free. Learn how to create an animated YouTube subscribe button // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/T33U7
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Edit Videos On iMovie: https://youtu.be/9Mnvu3nPQwM
○ How Much Is Canva Pro And Is It Worth It To Upgrade? https://youtu.be/HmW5FU3h-ro
○ How To Create An Instagram Carousel With Canva: https://youtu.be/OipBnwNJang
○ How To Change Background Color On Instagram Stories: https://youtu.be/48U6J4Fb6pI
○ How To Create + Use Instagram Polls: https://youtu.be/nTLi9gIXAQY
○ How To Add Multiple Photos In Instagram Story: https://youtu.be/X2LPaSwSoKM
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!