How To Do Niche Research To Find The Right Target Audience For Your Business
When you’re putting your blog or website together, you should develop it with your ideal audience in mind. Before adding anything to the page, you need to be clear on who your audience is, what their struggles are, and, most importantly, how you can help them solve those struggles.
Hi, I’m Marina, and my goal is to help you say "Yes To Tech" by sharing simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs. To find your target audience, you need to come up with your ideal audience avatar, which is a detailed description of who your ideal visitor is. It should include their:
Current and dream job
Blogs they follow and magazines they read
Goals (both personal and professional) and life beliefs
Challenges, struggles and stress points
They most desire to achieve right now
Places they spend their time online and offline
They do in their free time
Social media channels they use
Experts they follow and look up to
as well as any other important characteristics you can think of. Really get into their head.
Here’s an interesting tip: oftentimes your ideal audience avatar is similar to who you were one to two years ago. I know that for me, that’s the case. My ideal audience avatar is:
In their 20s or 30s
Either has or dreams about having an online business
Is not particularly tech-savvy
Their greatest struggle is to create a website and profitable business as a non-techie online entrepreneur
Their secondary struggles are to drive traffic to and promote said site
That’s exactly how my targeted trainings for non-techie online entrepreneurs came into fruition, which you can learn more about by clicking on the link in the description box below!
You can come up with an ideal audience avatar based on information you have previously collected on your customers and visitors, by creating and sending out a survey, or, if you’re starting from scratch, by sitting down and really brainstorming who you want to target based on what you want to achieve.
The more you’re able to narrow it down, the better. It's best to serve a really target niche well, than to try to appeal to everyone, and end up not serving anyone properly. For instance, my motto at Yes To Tech is to empower non-techie online entrepreneurs to stand out online with ease. I don’t just target entrepreneurs (too broad), or online entrepreneurs (still broad), but in fact I target non-techie online entrepreneurs.
By getting laser-focused, you’ll resonate with your audience at a deeper level, connect with them more effectively, market to them in a way that solves their most burning struggles, and thus be able to serve them better.
Coming up with an ideal audience avatar is essential. You’ll be better equipped at creating a blog or website from the point of view of your visitors, and can therefore plan your content and structure accordingly in a way that appeals and helps them. From there, you can determine what you want your site’s visitors to do on your site (read your blog, buy your products, book a consultation call, or something else).
I now have an action item for you: now that you’ve gotten laser-focused on your target audience to do niche marketing, I want you to write down in a paragraph or a few bullet points who that ideal audience avatar is. To help you out, you can download the Ideal Audience Avatar Worksheet by clicking on the link in the description box below, which guides you through the points I mentioned in this video.
You don’t have to have everything perfectly figured out and set right from the start. The point is to get it out on paper, and just get started. You can always change things as you better understand who your ideal audience avatar is.
If you enjoyed this video, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. Remember to download the Ideal Audience Avatar Worksheet, check out these two videos for more online business tips and tricks, and I'll see you in the next one.
NICHE MARKETING: How To Find Your Target Audience. Wondering how to find your target audience to do niche marketing? In this marketing series, you'll learn how to do niche research and market research to come up with a niche strategy for your niche website. If you want to discover how to find your niche to do social media marketing and become a digital nomad, watch this how to do market research using a niche finder video. We discuss the advantages of niche marketing and go over a niche marketing strategy example to create a level business.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Ideal Audience Avatar Worksheet: https://www.yestotech.com/idealaudienceavatar
○ Targeted Trainings For Non-Techie Online Entrepreneurs: https://yestotech.teachable.com/
○ Online Business Tips Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezvLWdAJuN0&list=PLbLPqE_rHXquoyyIT6NdWbCf0uwv1qv1j
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com/post/niche-marketing-how-to-find-your-target-audience
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/16e5U
○ Business Structures Explained: https://youtu.be/Om7i1gGFmV8
○ Teachable Enrollment Caps: https://youtu.be/KwOpfUSL5y4
○ How To Start Ecommerce Business: https://youtu.be/2N8VID-YZtg
○ Hashtag Research Instagram: https://youtu.be/L-MJ4f7HjyA
○ Canva Content Planner: https://youtu.be/OVsDmFDuMxM
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse