Wondering how to create an Instagram carousel with Canva? In this Canva tutorial, I'll be sharing how to make a carousel post on Instagram.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to design a seamless carousel in Canva so that each image that you add to the Instagram carousel seamlessly continues right into the next. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
We'll be using Canva to create an Instagram carousel with Canva. If you don't have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to try it for free.
If you don't wish to create a seamless carousel in Canva, but instead want to use the multiple images option on Instagram by adding a bunch of different designs, after you've logged in to your Canva account, click on the search bar, and search for 'Instagram post'. Once that option populates, click on it.
If you scroll down this page, you'll see a number of Instagram post templates that you can customize for your Instagram carousel, or if you prefer, you can select a blank Instagram post template to start from scratch. Don't worry too much which Instagram post template you choose since you can always change it later.
Once you've selected an Instagram post design in Canva to customize and make an Instagram carousel out of, click on it to edit it. As I mentioned, if for some reason you wish to change this Instagram post template to another one, you can click on 'templates' from the left-hand side panel to start fresh with another Instagram post design.
Just like with any regular Canva template, you can click on any elements on the page to customize them, such as the background, text and photo, or click on any of the options from the left-hand side panel to add new photos, elements and text into your Instagram post design.
For more details on how to customize a Canva design, make sure to watch my video on 'how to use Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below. You can even change this Instagram post entirely to fit your own brand by adding your own colors and fonts to it.
Now, since an Instagram carousel is characterized by the fact that it has multiple photos, instead of repeating the same process we just went through to create a new Instagram design, you can click on the add page icon on the top right of your Instagram post design to create a new blank image for your Instagram carousel, which you can then customize, or on the duplicate page icon, to use the same template that you just used, and then edit a few elements to make it your second photo, and so on and so forth.
Once you're done customizing your Instagram post, and adding all of the multiple designs you wish to add to your Instagram carousel, rename your Canva design up top. You can either download your Instagram carousel on your computer, and transfer that to your phone, or download the Canva app on your phone, and directly save your Instagram carousel to your phone's photo gallery.
However, if you wish to create a seamless carousel in Canva so that each image that you add to the Instagram carousel seamlessly continues right into the next, we need to follow a slightly different process. Instead of using the Instagram post template, we'll be creating a design with a custom size that is 1080 pixels by 1080 pixels times the number of images you wish to add to your Instagram carousel (so 2160 px for 2 posts, 3240 px for 3 posts, 4320 px for 4 posts, etc).
To do so, head to your Canva account's home page, click on 'create a design up top', and then on 'custom size' at the bottom. For the width, enter the result of 1080 times the number of images you wish to add to your Instagram carousel. Let's say I want to create 3 posts, so I'll go ahead and enter 3240. For height, enter 1080, and then click on 'create new design'.
So that we have a better idea of where each post we'll be adding to our Instagram carousel starts and ends, click on 'file', 'show rulers' and on 'file', 'show guides'. Click on the ruler on the left, and drag a new guide to the 1080 pixel line, and another one to the 2160 pixel line. Each one of these three squares will be a different Instagram post that you'll add to your Instagram carousel.
Now use the options from the panel on the left to customize your Instagram posts. Since you're working with a single design, rather than with multiple pages as we did before, if you add an element right between page one and two for instance, it will look as if it seamlessly continues onto the next page when your followers scroll through your Instagram carousel.
Once you're done customizing your Instagram carousel design, rename your Canva design up top. You can either download your Instagram carousel on your computer, and transfer that to your phone, or download the Canva app on your phone, and directly save your Instagram carousel to your phone's photo gallery.
When we did that before, each image you were going to add to your Instagram carousel was saved as a new file. However, with this second option, just one file was saved. As such, to transform this single file into multiple photos to add to your Instagram carousel, click on 'edit', on the 'crop' tool, on 'choose size' up top, 'square', and then crop the image into the appropriate number of photos.
To create an Instagram carousel post, head over to your Instagram account, click on the add new post button on the bottom and then on the select multiple images option. Click on all the images you wish to add to your Instagram carousel, and then click on 'next' up top.
Add an effect to your Instagram carousel post if you so wish, and then click on 'next'. Write a caption, select whether you wish to tag people, add a location, create a promotion, add this Instagram carousel post to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, and then click on 'share'.
If you're serious about creating an Instagram carousel with Canva, make sure you check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know what your Instagram carousel post is about. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for new videos every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am EST, and stay tuned for our next video which is about Canva Pro pricing. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
INSTAGRAM CAROUSEL CANVA TUTORIAL: How To Create An Instagram Carousel With Canva. In this Canva tutorial, I'll be sharing how to make a carousel post on Instagram // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/9963c
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Change Background Color On Instagram Stories: https://youtu.be/48U6J4Fb6pI
○ How To Create + Use Instagram Polls: https://youtu.be/nTLi9gIXAQY
○ How To Add Multiple Photos In Instagram Story: https://youtu.be/X2LPaSwSoKM
○ How To Add And Use Multiple Instagram Accounts: https://youtu.be/cuIjuH04L-s
○ How To Create Instagram Page For Business: https://youtu.be/fCJYYgl21vE
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!