How To Write The Best Email Marketing Subject Lines To Easily Increase Email Open Rates
Be honest: how many times have you opened your email inbox, and gone on a deleting rampage? We're flooded with so many email marketing messages each and every day that it’s impossible to open them all. Thing is, you don’t want the email you’re sending out to be one of those emails that goes straight to the trash, do you?
Here's how to write viral email marketing subject lines to get your subscribers clicking. Hi, I’m Marina, and I share simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs as a non-techie entrepreneur.
One of the best ways to guarantee engagement and stand out from a sea of unread emails is by writing a killer subject line. The goal is to send useful emails that your subscribers look forward to receiving, opening, and, most importantly, actually reading.
To ensure that you capture your email subscribers’ attention as soon as you land in their inbox, here are some subject line tips and tricks that will boost your open and click through rates.
The Killer Email Subject Line Formula
According to email marketing experts, the formula to write viral email marketing subject lines is as follows:
Number or Question + Adjective + Keywords + Promise
Let’s cover a few examples:
7 stunning social media templates that will skyrocket your engagement
How to boost your views by creating viral blog post headlines
3 amazing examples of email subject lines that convert
The step-by-step guide to master Facebook groups without going crazy
How to create an enticing lead magnet offer that guarantees sign-ups
Some things to keep in mind:
Keep your email subject line short and sweet, to ensure that it fits on all screen sizes (phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop).
Don’t be afraid to experiment and try different things out. The more you change things up, the more likely you are to have a higher engagement rate.
Use emojis that reflect your content, like a timer for an offer that's ending soon.
Check your metrics after sending an email broadcast, and reflect on what worked and what didn’t.
Avoid using all caps and excessive punctuation marks. This has the opposite effect of creating urgency, and stimulates your subscriber to delete your email right away. One word in all caps or one punctuation mark is enough.
Never make a false promise just to have a better email subject line. Only write and send things that you can deliver on.
Speak the language of your subscribers and write your business’ email subject lines as if you were sending an email to a friend. This will make them feel like they personally know you.
Now, the viral email marketing subject line formula we covered may not work in every single scenario. Here are 10 other types of email marketing subject lines that you can use to grab your subscribers’ attention and lead to multiple clicks:
Urgency: use this when time is running out for a limited-time or limited-edition offer.
Reverse Psychology: if you specifically tell your email subscribers not to open your email, there are bigger chances that they will in fact open it.
Personal: this not only refers to using your subscribers’ name in the email subject line, but also to adding certain elements to it depending on how and with what kind of content they engaged with. That’s why tags and segments in ConvertKit are so powerful.
Curiosity: tease the content within the body of your email in the subject line so that your subscribers are intrigued and can’t wait to click to learn more.
Benefits: show your subscribers the butterfly effect: what can they expect to achieve if they click on your email subject line and follow what you say in the body of the email?
Humor: if you can make your subscribers laugh, and give them a break from their other day-to-day tasks, you're set. This is great when you want to increase your approachability.
Command: if your subscribers want to learn something, all they have to do is Google it, and in a few minutes they’ll have all the answers they're looking for. Thing is, that doesn't ensure that they will follow through. Tell your subscribers exactly what they need to do to succeed.
Emotion: think about how you can play with your subscribers’ feelings. What angers them? What stimulates action? What makes them feel warm and fuzzy?
Flattery: compliment your subscribers by making them feel good about themselves or their business. This will feed their ego, and make them believe they are special and unique members of your community.
FOMO (fear of missing out): your subscribers don’t want to feel left out. If someone else achieved a certain result that they want to achieve, their competitiveness will come out, and they'll be longing to know how to accomplish the same by opening your email.
If you want to take action on this right away to ensure that your own subscribers open and click on your emails, make sure to download the FREE Email Subject Line Guide by clicking on the link in the description box below.
If you enjoyed this viral email marketing subject line guide, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. For more, download the FREE Email Subject Line Guide I linked to in the description box, check out these two videos for additional email marketing tips and tricks, and I'll see you in the next one.
HOW TO WRITE VIRAL EMAIL MARKETING SUBJECT LINES TO GET YOUR SUBSCRIBERS CLICKING. We're flooded with so many email marketing messages each and every day that it’s impossible to open them all. Here's how to write viral email marketing subject lines to get your subscribers clicking. In this email marketing for beginners video, you'll learn copywriting tips on how to write effective subject lines for online business to increase email open rates. If you're searching for a copywriting course for digital marketing on email subject lines that convert, watch this video.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
~ RESOURCES MENTIONED ~
○ FREE Email Subject Line Guide: https://www.yestotech.com/emailsubjectlineguide
○ Try ConvertKit For FREE: https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Email Marketing Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNL5gEeIhRc&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqu8q0GGFO-LlBMDAq2c363Q
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com/post/how-to-write-viral-email-marketing-subject-lines-to-get-your-subscribers-clicking
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/adYHa
~ RECENT VIDEOS ~
○ How To Deliver A Lead Magnet With ConvertKit: https://youtu.be/fisjFtDZXTg
○ 2 Simple Email Marketing Tips To Increase Your Email Open Rate: https://youtu.be/I9Au6yxZTjk
○ The Ultimate Guide To Creating A Lead Magnet: https://youtu.be/pL5259Tzg-E
○ 8 Amazing Lead Magnet Ideas For Any Niche: https://youtu.be/h4Oj2knkxUU
○ How To Get Started With Using Snippets In ConvertKit: https://youtu.be/VL1XZPZN5dk
~ TOOLS & SERVICES I USE ~
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
~ SHOP MY COURSES ~
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
~ COME SAY HI! ~
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
#email #emailmarketing #emailsubjectline
Tags: email marketing subject lines, how to write viral email marketing subject lines to get your subscribers clicking, email marketing, copywriting, email marketing for beginners, email open rate, copywriting course, increase email open rates, email open rates, digital marketing, email marketing tutorial, email subject lines that convert, copywriting for beginners, subject line, email marketing subject line tips, email marketing strategy, online business, copywriting tips, effective subject lines, yes to tech