Want to know how to use Canva to its fullest extent? In this Canva tutorial, you'll learn the best Canva tips and tricks to create beautiful designs. Hi, I’m Marina, and my goal is to help you say "Yes To Tech" by sharing simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs.
Once you log in to your Canva account, you'll be redirected to Canva's home page. The best part is that Canva has a feature-full free plan, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below.
From Canva's home page, you can choose a Canva template to start designing with from the suggestions that appear, including for you, presentations, social media, video, print products, marketing, office and more. You can also use the search bar to search for Canva templates or to locate your own Canva projects with ease.
On the right-hand side of the search bar, you can click on the camera icon to import a photo to Canva or on the upload icon to import a file to Canva. If you wish to start designing from scratch by predefining your own design size, click on 'custom size' to set your design's width and height.
When you hover your mouse over one of Canva's suggested templates, you can either click on it directly to start customizing a blank design of that type, or on the magnifying glass icon to browse templates. You can hover your mouse over any of these templates again to add it to your favorites, or click on the three little dots to customize this template or preview this template.
The Canva templates that are available to Canva free users won't have any icons on the bottom, right-hand side of it. Those templates that are exclusive to Canva Pro users, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, have a crown icon on the bottom, right-hand side.
Use the filters on the left to easily locate the Canva template you wish to customize. You can filter Canva templates by style, theme and color.
For more information on what you can do with Canva templates, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Find Templates In Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Also on your Canva home page, you can view your recent designs. If you hover your mouse over any of these designs, you can then click on the three little dots to make a copy, move to folder, download, share, get view-only link and move to trash.
Let's now click on 'your projects' from Canva's left-hand side panel. From here, you're also able to view your recent projects, as well as your Canva designs sorted by folder, designs, images and videos.
Under 'shared with you', you're able to view all of the Canva folders and designs that have been shared with you by others.
Under 'trash', you're able to view all of the designs, images and videos that you have deleted from your Canva account.
Under 'create a team', you can invite people to your team so you can share, edit, and collaborate with them.
Under 'discover apps', you can supercharge your Canva workflow with amazing apps, including for you, import media, discover content, photo editing, share and publish, and all apps.
Under 'brand kit', which is a Canva Pro exclusive feature, you can select and edit your Canva brand kit by adding your brand logos, brand colors and brand fonts.
For more information on how to customize your Canva brand kit, make sure to watch my video on 'What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Under 'content planner', which is also a Canva Pro exclusive feature, you can create and schedule social media posts directly from Canva, as well as view a calendar with upcoming events which you may want to create content on.
For more information on how to use the Canva content planner, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Schedule Instagram Posts With Canva', I'll leave the link to it in the description box below, and stay tuned for an updated video on this topic which I'll be posting next week.
Under 'starred' you can view all of the Canva templates that you saved for easy access.
Under 'uploads' you can view all of the images and videos that you uploaded to Canva.
Below that, you can view the folders that you added to your Canva sidebar.
Let's head back to Canva's home page, and click on a Canva design template for me to show you how to use Canva for graphic design. The different options that you can add to your Canva design are on the left-hand side.
These include templates, elements, including recently used, lines and shapes, graphics, stickers, photos, videos, audio, charts, tables, frames, and grids, uploads, where you can upload new media to Canva, record yourself, and view the images, videos and audio you've already uploaded to Canva, photos, text, including font combinations, styles, audio, videos, background, charts, all your designs, logos, folders, and more.
Whenever you add a new element to your Canva design, be it a background, text, image or animation, you can then click on that element and customize it further from the options that appear on the white panel up top.
I have a number of step-by-step Canva tutorials that you can follow showing you how to customize different design types in my Canva tutorials playlist, so make sure to check that out for more Canva tips and tricks.
Below your Canva design, you can add notes, view the length of your design, change the Zoom options, access the grid view, preview your Canva design and get help.
From the panel up top in your Canva design, you can click on 'file' to create a new design, show rulers and guides, show margins, show print bleed, find and replace text, switch brand kit, save, save to folder, view resolved comments, version history if you're a Canva Pro user, make a copy, download, open in desktop app and access help.
If you're also a Canva Pro user, you'll have access to the 'resize' feature, which allows you to choose a new Canva design size or type, and Canva will automatically copy and resize this design you created into that new option you choose.
Up top, you can also rename your Canva design, share this design with others, view your design insights if you share it with Canva, and preview your design. Once you're ready to save your design or share it with others, click on the 'share' button on the top, right-hand side.
From here, you can add the emails of the recipients you want to share your Canva design with, view suggested options of what to do with your Canva design, including share it to Instagram personal, share it to Instagram business, schedule, and get a view-only link, download the design, share on social, print your design, or access even more publish options, including share, social, save, messaging, design, and more options.
Now I want to hear from you. Which Canva feature are you most excited to try out next? Let me know in the comments, and if you don't have a Canva account yet, make sure to click on the link in the description box below to sign up today for free.
If you want to discover which are the absolute best online business tools you need to save time, money and stress, make sure to download the FREE cheat sheet I created just for you by clicking on the link in the description box below.
If you enjoyed this how to use Canva tutorial, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. Remember to download the FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools to run your online business, check out these two videos for even more Canva tips and tricks, and I'll see you in the next one.
HOW TO USE CANVA. Want to know how to use Canva to its fullest extent? In this Canva tutorial for beginners, you'll learn the best Canva tips and tricks to create a Canva design for visual marketing. You'll learn how to use Canva in the classroom for Canva education in this Canva review, the differences between Canva paid and Canva free (Canva paid vs free), how to make money online with design bundles and how to use Canva on iPhone. Canva for educators is the best online graphic design tool for content creation.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Find Templates In Canva: https://youtu.be/UXbj_mmfseI
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ How To Schedule Instagram Posts With Canva: https://youtu.be/PVCeqmQzYqA
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com/post/how-to-use-canva
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/2Hf9h
○ Brand Identity Design Process: https://youtu.be/l8Q7nZjSOmc
○ Canva Fonts: https://youtu.be/2A4JseASiqM
○ Best Website Builder: https://youtu.be/hpKU938zTKg
○ Wix SEO: https://youtu.be/QF1Qdd2X4mQ
○ Why You Need A Website For Your Business: https://youtu.be/9TAZqOFxJCE
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!