Are you struggling to understand how to title and tag your YouTube videos to get more views? In today's video I'll be sharing with you how to do YouTube SEO so that you find the best YouTube tags for views.
If you've been wondering how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher, stay tuned until the end of this video to learn how to properly tag your YouTube videos with these popular YouTube tags so that your YouTube videos get more views and rank higher in search, and to get a FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you can use in your online business to save time and boost your productivity. Also, make sure to subscribe and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video. With that said let's go ahead and jump right in.
The purpose of YouTube tags is to tell YouTube what your video is about, so that it can suggest your content when viewers search for a particular term. A few things many people do wrong when tagging YouTube videos is to add their channel name as the first tag, use popular YouTube tags that are trending but that have nothing to do with the subject matter of their video, and just use single words for the sake of adding something to the tag section, but that again, are not related to what your video is about.
However, if you include single words that are broad categories, such as 'YouTube', 'video' or 'tags' as your tags, and your video is on that general topic, such as this video on 'how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher' that will provide more information to YouTube on what your video is about. Regarding your channel name, you should totally add that as one of your tags, but have that be your last tag rather than the first few ones. This will help your videos appear in the 'suggested videos' section since they have something in common with each other.
Think of the tags you add to your YouTube videos the same way as you think about the keywords you add to your blog posts. As I mentioned in my last video on the 'YouTube algorithm as a small YouTuber', if you haven't watched that yet, I'll leave the link to it in the description box below, your YouTube video needs to target one main keyword, and if you're a new YouTuber, it's best if that keyword is a long tail one.
Not only should that keyword appear at the beginning of your YouTube video's title, and as the first thing you add in your video's description box, but also, when tagging your YouTube video, make sure that that keyword is the very first one you add to your tags. This is because YouTube places more weight on the tags that appear first compared to the other tags that you add. So if you want your YouTube video to rank higher for a particular search term, add that as your very first tag.
If you take a look at my video's tags, by using a Chrome extension such as VidIQ, you'll notice that my first tag is always the same as the first few words I add to my title, which in turn is the keyword that I want that video to rank for. For this specific video, it's the entire title, which is 'how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher'.
You can add up to 500 characters in your YouTube tag section, so after you've added your first YouTube tag which is the main keyword you want to target, make sure you add as many tags as possible to fill up that space. These tags should complement your first keyword or tag, and provide YouTube with more information of what your video is about.
When trying to figure out which are the best YouTube tags for views, search for the keyword you want to target in the YouTube search bar. Taking a look at the insights VidIQ provides, the Chrome extension I mentioned, I can see that 'how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher' has a high overall score since it has a medium search volume and very low competition. Under this 'related queries' section, it provides me with these three top related keywords, that I should definitely add to my YouTube tags section for this video: YouTube SEO, how to tag YouTube videos and YouTube tags.
In order to properly tag your YouTube videos, you should also add to your tag section keywords that describe your video in an alternate way. For example, when I start typing 'how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher' in the YouTube search bar, I see that a few related search terms are 'how to tag YouTube videos to get more views' and 'how to tag YouTube channel'.
These are different ways of saying the same thing, and as such are good tags for my YouTube video to rank higher. Although 'how to tag YouTube videos in Tamil' is a related search term, it wouldn't be a good tag since my video is in English and not in Tamil.
Lastly, with the VidIQ extension again, you can see which tags the videos that are ranking for the keyword you want to target are using, and that are helping them be found in search. For instance, if we take a look at this video by Hey Jessica on 'how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher', a few of the YouTube tags that are helping her rank higher are 'how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher', which is her title and the keyword she wants to target, 'how to tag YouTube videos 2018', which is the year in which she posted this YouTube video, and 'how to tag your videos on YouTube', which is an alternate way to say her main keyword.
Now you know how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher in search and to get more views on YouTube. As promised, to download a FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you can use in your online business to save time and boost your productivity, just click on the link in the description box below.
So which tag will you be using in your next YouTube video? I'd love to hear your answer and start a conversation in the comments below, and remember to click on the link in the description box below to get your FREE cheat sheet.
If you're new around here, hi I'm Marina Lotaif from Yes To Tech, and I'd love for you to join the family. You can do so by hitting the subscribe button, and if you're already subscribed, and want to be notified every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am Eastern, just click on the bell after you subscribe and you'll be notified every single time I post. I hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you are and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO TAG YOUTUBE VIDEOS TO RANK HIGHER. Wondering how to title and tag your YouTube videos to get more views? In today's video I'll be sharing with you how to do YouTube SEO so that you find the best YouTube tags for views. If you've been wondering how to tag YouTube videos to rank higher, stay tuned until the end of this video to learn how to properly tag your YouTube videos with these best tags so that your YouTube videos get more views and rank higher in search.
FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools to run your online business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/UddKT
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
- FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools to run your online business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
- YouTube Algorithm As A Small YouTuber: https://youtu.be/0QDZgdMcdxc
- VidIQ: https://vidiq.com/
- How To Make YouTube Videos Without Showing Your Face: https://youtu.be/KbTek3jLzqM
- How To Make A Video Without Being On Camera: https://youtu.be/fnvSAZNT4VI
- How To Make Money On YouTube With A Small Channel: https://youtu.be/izHWJOQnbcA
- How To Add Logo Watermark To YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/g1DOfYQ6bXY
- How To Create A YouTube Subscribe Link: https://youtu.be/LnZyyp7SKFY
DISCOUNT CODES & EXCLUSIVE OFFERS:
- ConvertKit (email marketing software): a 30-day free trial - https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
- Viraltag (social media marketing tool): a 14-day free trial and $15 off - https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
- Leadpages (landing page and website builder): a 14-day free trial - https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
- Interact Quiz Maker (quiz, poll and giveaway maker): a 14-day free trial - https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
- Hostinger (web hosting): 10% off with code YESTOTECH - https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
- Wix (website builder): 50% off yearly premium packages (first time users only) with code EDU_Mar17411703 - http://bit.ly/wixforfree
- Canva Pro (graphic design tool): a 30-day free trial - https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
- Visme (presentation, infographic and visual content creator): a free forever plan until you decide to upgrade - https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
- Teachable (online course platform): a free forever plan until you decide to upgrade - https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
SHOP THE STORE:
- Brilliant Branding: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/brilliant-branding-evergreen/
- Wonder Website: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/wonder-website-evergreen
- Traffic Takeoff: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/traffic-takeoff-evergreen
- Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/webinar-sales-funnel-template
- Canva Crash Course: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/canva-crash-course
- ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/convertkit-tech-training-tutorials
- Power Productivity: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/power-productivity-premium
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE TECH, TOOLS, AND RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
- Website: https://www.yestotech.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
Welcome to our YouTube channel! It's our mission at Yes To Tech to empower online entrepreneurs, bloggers, and small business owners like you to maximize your online presence - even if you're not tech savvy! Subscribe to our channel for tips and tricks on DIY website creation, social media marketing, e-mail marketing, branding, blogging, webinars, and video creation, for the tech needed when you're just getting started with your online business, and for step-by-step video tutorials created especially for the non-techie online entrepreneur's point of view.
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS VIDEO:
How to tag youtube videos to rank higher, youtube seo, how to tag youtube videos, youtube tags, youtube tags for views, best tags for youtube videos, youtube video tags, youtube tag generator, popular youtube tags, youtube hashtags, how to properly tag your youtube videos, how to title and tag your youtube videos to get more views, how to tag youtube videos to get more views, how to tag youtube videos 2020
Tags: how to tag youtube videos to rank higher, youtube seo, how to tag youtube videos, youtube tags, youtube tags for views, best tags for youtube videos, youtube video tags, youtube tag generator, popular youtube tags, youtube hashtags, how to properly tag your youtube videos, how to title and tag your youtube videos to get more views, how to tag youtube videos to get more views, how to tag youtube videos 2020, yes to tech