Have you been wondering how to enable custom thumbnails on YouTube and how to add a custom thumbnail to your YouTube videos? In this custom YouTube thumbnail tutorial, I'll show you how to make a custom thumbnail on YouTube with the correct YouTube custom thumbnail size.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to enable and add a YouTube custom thumbnail on YouTube studio so that you can make a YouTube custom thumbnail that gets you more clicks and views. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
In order to be able to add a YouTube thumbnail to your videos, the first thing you need to do is enable custom thumbnails on YouTube. To do so, on YouTube, click on your icon on the top, right-hand side and then click on 'YouTube Studio'.
Click on 'settings' from the panel on the left, then on 'channel', select the 'feature eligibility tag', and then click on 'status and features'. Here's where you'll need to click on the 'verify' button if you haven't done so already to verify your YouTube channel. To verify your YouTube account, all you have to do is select your country, and then ask YouTube to either call you or text you with a verification code.
Once your YouTube channel has been verified, you'll be able to scroll down on this page to the custom thumbnails box, and click on the 'enable' button to enable custom thumbnails on YouTube. Once you're able to add custom thumbnails on YouTube, you'll see that this 'custom thumbnail' box will have a green line at the bottom.
Now that you've enabled custom thumbnails on YouTube, it's time to head over to Canva to make a YouTube custom thumbnail with the correct YouTube custom thumbnail size. If you don't have a Canva account yet, you can try it out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below.
Once you've logged in to your Canva account, use the search bar to search for 'YouTube thumbnail'. Canva has general YouTube thumbnail templates that you can customize, as well as YouTube thumbnails separated by niche, including beauty, tutorials, travel, food or music. The best thing about Canva is that all of its YouTube custom thumbnails are 1280 by 720 pixels, which is the correct YouTube custom thumbnail size.
Click on the type of YouTube thumbnail you wish to create in Canva. If you scroll down this page, you'll see a number of YouTube thumbnail templates that you can customize, or if you prefer, you can select a blank YouTube thumbnail template to start from scratch. Don't worry too much which YouTube thumbnail template you choose since you can always change it later.
Once you've selected a YouTube thumbnail design to customize, click on it to edit it. As I mentioned, if for some reason you wish to change this YouTube thumbnail template to another one, you can click on 'templates' from the left-hand side panel to start fresh with another YouTube thumbnail design.
Just like with any regular Canva template, you can click on any elements on the page to customize them, such as the background, text and images, or click on any of the options from the left-hand side panel to add new photos, elements and text into your custom YouTube thumbnail design.
For more details on how to customize a Canva design, make sure to watch my video on 'how to use Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you're done customizing your custom YouTube thumbnail, rename your Canva design up top, and then click on the 'download' button. You can either download this YouTube thumbnail design as a PNG or JPG file, and then click on the 'download' button again to save your custom YouTube thumbnail to your computer.
Now that you're done making a YouTube custom thumbnail, it's time to add this custom thumbnail to your YouTube video. On YouTube, click on the camera icon up top, and then on 'upload video'. Either drag and drop the video file to upload to YouTube in the space provided, or click on 'select files' to select and open a video file from your documents.
YouTube will start uploading your video. To add a custom YouTube thumbnail to your video, scroll down on this page, and under the 'thumbnail' section, click on 'upload thumbnail'. Locate the YouTube custom thumbnail you made in Canva from your documents, and then click on 'open'.
Then just follow the steps on this upload YouTube video popup, and once you're done, you'll have successfully enabled, made and added a YouTube custom thumbnail on YouTube studio that gets you more clicks and views.
If you're serious about making a YouTube custom thumbnail make sure you check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you'll be enabling and adding a custom thumbnail to your YouTube videos. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for new videos every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am EST, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create an animated youtube intro and outro fast. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO MAKE A YOUTUBE CUSTOM THUMBNAIL TUTORIAL: Enable Custom Thumbnails + Add A YouTube Thumbnail. Learn how to make a YouTube thumbnail and add it to YouTube // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/dts4N
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ Get A FREE 30-day Trial Of Canva Pro: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools to run your online business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Make A Video Using PowerPoint: https://youtu.be/17uYtDO06k0
○ How To Outline A Picture For Thumbnails On YouTube: https://youtu.be/9MtCFu7nXuk
○ How To Make A GIF: https://youtu.be/C156UEj6o14
○ How To Make Twitter Screenshot Graphics For Instagram: https://youtu.be/Zap88_SHdek
○ How To Make A Workbook In Canva: https://youtu.be/lPQhGI5Azto
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): http://sendmeto.teachable.com/qr9lh
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS VIDEO:
How to make a youtube custom thumbnail tutorial, youtube custom thumbnail, youtube thumbnail, how to make a youtube thumbnail, thumbnail on youtube video, thumbnail on youtube studio, thumbnail, how to make thumbnails, thumbnail on youtube mobile, youtube custom thumbnail size, how to make a custom thumbnail, how to make a thumbnail, thumbnail tutorial youtube, how to make a custom thumbnail on youtube, custom youtube thumbnail tutorial, custom thumbnail youtube, enable custom thumbnails
Tags: how to make a youtube custom thumbnail tutorial, youtube custom thumbnail, youtube thumbnail, how to make a youtube thumbnail, thumbnail on youtube video, thumbnail on youtube studio, thumbnail, how to make thumbnails, thumbnail on youtube mobile, youtube custom thumbnail size, how to make a custom thumbnail, how to make a thumbnail, thumbnail tutorial youtube, how to make a custom thumbnail on youtube, custom youtube thumbnail tutorial, custom thumbnail youtube, enable custom thumbnails, yes to tech