Today we’re going to talk about how to edit Instagram stories using only the Instagram app. If you're uninspired and have been posting the same kind of Instagram stories over and over again, this tutorial is for you. The best part is that we won't use any complicated app or design tool. Instead, we'll be using only the Instagram app to create eye-catching and clickable Instagram stories.
Stay tuned until the end of this video to learn 15 different ways to edit Instagram stories using only the Instagram app, and to get a FREE Instagram content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas that you can use. Also, make sure to subscribe and hit the bell to be notified every Tuesday when I post a new video.
Alright, so let’s get right into how to edit Instagram stories using only the Instagram app.
1. Create a collage with a number of photos from your camera roll. Take or select a picture, then get the pen tool and do a little scribble on the screen. Press and hold on top of that scribble to create a solid background. Access your photos, and copy the photo you wish to add. On Instagram, that photo will appear as a sticker. Paste it onto your story, and resize and reposition it to where you wish to add it. Repeat the same process with as many images you want to add to your collage.
2. Write each letter individually. Instead of just writing out your entire bit of text, write each letter individually, and add it to your design in a way that makes it a part of another element, such as an entire image or piece of an image.
3. Connect boxed letters. To add some dimension to your boxed letters, add each boxed letter individually, and connect them with the pen tool. If you wish to connect them with a dotted line instead of with a filled out one, part of the line with the eraser to create dashes.
4. Insert space between letters. Instead of just writing out your entire bit of text, add a space between letters, so that it looks more visually appealing when layering texts with different fonts.
5. Mix fonts. Just by adding different lines of text with mixed fonts will make your Instagram story look more visually appealing.
6. Create a drop shadow. Layer the same word with different colors to create a customized drop shadow effect.
7. Frame text with lines. Use the highlight tool to create straight lines or dashes that can serve as a frame for your text.
8. Use a famous quote or lyric as a frame. Take or select a picture, and add a famous quote or lyric on the edges of said picture so that it looks like a frame.
9. Use lines as a frame. Draw two swirly lines at the edges of the photo on either side with different pens to act as a photo frame.
10. Add a border around a GIF. When adding a simple GIF, use the pen tool in the same color as the text to add a border around a GIF to make it stand out.
11. Show just parts of a design with the erase tool. Take or select a picture, then get the pen tool and do a little scribble on the screen. Press and hold on top of that scribble to create a solid background. Use the erase tool to carve out just a selected portion of the image, or draw a border with the eraser and remove the entire middle part so that the solid background acts like a frame. You can even use a pen with a smaller thickness to draw around the border to create a more visually appealing look.
12. Add doodles. Select a shade from your photo, and add hand drawn doodles, such as stars or hearts.
13. Add images in a color gradient. Add a number of hand-drawn doodles (like hearts or starts) or lines of text in a color gradient using the same tones found in your picture.
14. Create zig zag line around a person or object. Make a person or object stand out in your Instagram story by creating a zig zag or spiral line around the person, and erase where spiral hits the person or object to create an interesting effect.
15. Have an enticing click through to post with a crossed line. Click on a color of the photo to add it to the background, add a highlight line in the same color as the background to cross over the photo, and add text or a GIF to click through to the new post.
Now you know how to edit Instagram stories using only the Instagram app. As promised, to get a FREE Instagram content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas that you can use, just click on the link in the description box below.
So which Instagram stories editing idea did you like most? Leave your answer in the comment section below, and make sure to click on the link in the description box below to get a FREE Instagram content calendar.
If you liked this video, give me a like below, share it with your friends, and make sure to subscribe and hit the bell to be notified every time we post a new video. Thank you so much for watching, and I’ll see you in the next video!
HOW TO EDIT INSTAGRAM STORIES Using ONLY The Instagram App. In this Instagram and Instagram story hacks tutorial, you'll learn 15 creative ways to edit insta stories. If you're uninspired with your Insta stories and have been posting the same kind of Instagram stories over and over again, this creative Instagram stories tutorial is for you. The best part is that we won't use any complicated app or design tool when teaching you creative ways to edit your Instagram stories and how to edit Instagram stories. Instead, we'll be using only the Instagram app to create eye-catching Insta story ideas, creative Insta stories and clickable Instagram stories. Get ready to learn how to edit Insta stories and how to edit IG stories so that you create the best Instagram story ideas for business.
FREE Instagram Content Calendar: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/3whGp
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS VIDEO:
How to edit instagram stories using only the instagram app, instagram, instagram story hacks, creative instagram stories, instagram stories, creative ways to edit insta stories, creative ways to edit your instagram stories, how to edit instagram stories, how to edit insta stories, insta stories, creative insta stories, insta story ideas, instagram story ideas for business, how to edit ig stories
FREE Instagram Content Calendar: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
HOW TO POST YOUTUBE VIDEOS TO INSTAGRAM STORIES: Upload A YouTube Video To Instagram Story: https://youtu.be/-oWBndRqfx4
POST YOUTUBE VIDEOS TO INSTAGRAM: Quick & Easy Way To Post YouTube Video To Instagram: https://youtu.be/3xDY3lf_kR8
INSTAGRAM LINE BREAK: ADD LINE BREAKS ON INSTAGRAM 2020 - How To Put Spaces In Your Instagram Bio: https://youtu.be/pI_Wy9rXFC0
INSTAGRAM HASHTAGS: HOW TO HASHTAG ON INSTAGRAM FOR BUSINESS - Instagram Hashtags For Business: https://youtu.be/Brf7k_moJBI
HOW TO CREATE SPACES IN YOUR INSTAGRAM CAPTIONS: Instagram Caption Spacing: https://youtu.be/TkwkE7NSV_Q
DISCOUNT CODES & EXCLUSIVE OFFERS:
- ConvertKit (email marketing software): a 30-day free trial - https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
- Viraltag (social media marketing tool): a 14-day free trial and $15 off - https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
- Leadpages (landing page and website builder): a 14-day free trial - https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
- Interact Quiz Maker (quiz, poll and giveaway maker): a 14-day free trial - https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
- Hostinger (web hosting): 10% off with code YESTOTECH - https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
- Wix (website builder): 50% off yearly premium packages (first time users only) with code EDU_Mar17411703 - http://bit.ly/wixforfree
- Canva Pro (graphic design tool): a 30-day free trial - https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
- Visme (presentation, infographic and visual content creator): a free forever plan until you decide to upgrade - https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
- Teachable (online course platform): a free forever plan until you decide to upgrade - https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
SHOP THE STORE:
- Brilliant Branding: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/brilliant-branding-evergreen/
- Wonder Website: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/wonder-website-evergreen
- Traffic Takeoff: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/traffic-takeoff-evergreen
- Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/webinar-sales-funnel-template
- ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/convertkit-tech-training-tutorials
- Power Productivity: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/power-productivity-premium
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyrYdK6oMwI-gJ0Z5hOUHiw?sub_confirmation=1
MY FAVORITE TECH, TOOLS, AND RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
- Website: https://www.yestotech.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
Welcome to our YouTube channel! It's our mission at Yes To Tech to empower online entrepreneurs, bloggers, and small business owners like you to maximize your online presence - even if you're not tech savvy! Subscribe to our channel for tips and tricks on DIY website creation, social media marketing, e-mail marketing, branding, blogging, webinars, and video creation, for the tech needed when you're just getting started with your online business, and for step-by-step video tutorials created especially for the non-techie online entrepreneur's point of view.
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
Tags: how to edit instagram stories using only the instagram app, instagram, instagram story hacks, creative instagram stories, instagram stories, creative ways to edit insta stories, creative ways to edit your instagram stories, how to edit instagram stories, how to edit insta stories, insta stories, creative insta stories, insta story ideas, instagram story ideas for business, how to edit ig stories, yes to tech