Wondering how to create fillable forms in Microsoft Word? In this Microsoft Word tutorial, I'll be sharing how you can make a fillable form in Word which includes fillable sections, checkboxes, date pickers and dropdown menus. If you want to make a PDF fillable rather than a Word document, make sure to watch my video on that topic, which I'll link to in the description box below.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to create fillable forms in Word so that others can fill out your form with ease. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
In order to create a fillable form in Microsoft Word, you'll first need to open the Word document you wish to make fillable, and enable the developer tab. To do that, click on 'Word' from the menu up top, 'preferences', 'ribbon & toolbar', and under this 'customize the ribbon' section, make sure that 'developer' is turned on, and then click on 'save'. You'll now notice that the developer tab appears in the menu up top.
To add a fillable section to your fillable form in Microsoft Word, place your cursor where you wish to add the fillable section to, and then click on 'text box' to add a text form field. If you double click on that text form field, you'll be able to access its options. You'll notice that the regular text option is selected.
From there, you can add default text, such as 'write your first name here', establish a maximum length for your text form, select the text format, select macro to run on entry and / or exit, and select the field settings. Once you're done making changes, click on 'ok'.
To add checkboxes to your fillable form in Microsoft Word, place your cursor in front of the first element you wish to add a checkbox to, and then click on 'checkbox' to add a checkbox form field. If you double click on that checkbox form field, you'll be able to access its options.
From there, you can determine what is the default value of the checkbox (not checked or checked), determine the checkbox size, select macro to run on entry and / or exit, and select the field settings. Once you're done making changes, click on 'ok'. Repeat the same process to add a checkbox form field in front of each of your desired elements.
To add a date picker to your fillable form in Microsoft Word, place your cursor where you wish to add the date picker to, and then click on 'text box' to add a text form field. If you double click on that text form field, you'll be able to access its options. You'll notice that the regular text option is selected. This time, we'll want to change that to 'date'.
From there, you can select the default date, such as April 8th, establish a maximum length for your date picker, select the date format, I'll go ahead and choose month / date / year, select macro to run on entry and / or exit, and select the field settings. Once you're done making changes, click on 'ok'.
To add a dropdown menu to your fillable form in Microsoft Word, place your cursor where you wish to add the dropdown menu to, and then click on 'combo box' to add a dropdown form field. If you double click on that dropdown form field, you'll be able to access its options.
From there, you can add a dropdown item to your list, such as 'dropdown item 1'. Once you've finished writing out your dropdown item, click on enter or return on your keyboard, and you'll notice that it'll now be in this section which shows all of the items in your dropdown list. Repeat the same process until you've added all of your desired dropdown elements, and use the upwards and downward pointing arrows to reorder them if you so wish.
From this same dropdown form field options popup, you can also select macro to run on entry and / or exit, and select the field settings. Once you're done making changes, click on 'ok'.
Once you've added all of the fillable sections, checkboxes, date pickers and dropdown menus that you wish to your fillable form in Microsoft Word, click on 'protect form' up top. This will transform your Word document from a regular document to one that's fillable so that others can fill out your form with ease.
This way, once you send out this fillable form to others, the only things that they'll be able to do is edit these fillable sections, checkboxes, date pickers and dropdown menus, whereas all of the other parts of the document will remain unchangeable. You can also click on 'shading' from the menu up top to make these fillable form sections stand out and easier to locate.
If you're serious about creating fillable forms in Microsoft Word, make sure you check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business, as well as my video on how to make a free fillable PDF form, if you wish to make fillable forms in PDF format rather than Microsoft Word.
Make sure you comment below and let me know what you'll be using the fillable form you made in Word for. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for new videos every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am EST, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to make YouTube shorts. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO CREATE FILLABLE FORMS IN MICROSOFT WORD - Make Fillable Form In Microsoft Word. In this Microsoft Word tutorial, I share how you can make a fillable form in Word // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/1cR58
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ How To Make PDF Fillable Form Free: https://youtu.be/wD5KlOJ0Oz4
○ How To Record Your Computer Screen: https://youtu.be/c34NvkuL6s4
○ How To Attend A Webinar: https://youtu.be/O-TuggUTWeM
○ How To Setup OBS For Webinars: https://youtu.be/YuknMbrs5wc
○ Which Webinar Platform Is Best? https://youtu.be/aE0l-w6Hc7M
○ How To Enable Dark Mode On YouTube: https://youtu.be/G16IrN1SC88
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!