Wondering how to build a sales funnel using a ConvertKit sequence? In this ConvertKit tutorial for beginners, you'll learn an email sequence strategy on how to set up ConvertKit sequences to make the most out of your email marketing efforts. So let's get right into this ConvertKit automation tutorial on how to use ConvertKit for email marketing.
First off, if you don't have a ConvertKit account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. To build a sales funnel in ConvertKit, log in to your ConvertKit account, click on 'send' from the panel up top, and then on 'sequences'.
With a ConvertKit sequence, you're able to create multiple emails that are sent in order on autopilot. Once in your ConvertKit sequences page, click on 'new sequence' on the top, right-hand side.
Name your ConvertKit sequence, I'll add 'ConvertKit tutorial on email sequence strategy', and then click on 'create sequence'. If you wish to change the name of the ConvertKit sequence you just added, you can do so by clicking on the pencil icon next to it.
Let me show you everything you can do with this ConvertKit sequence so that you can successfully build a sales funnel, first using the old ConvertKit editor, and then with the new ConvertKit editor. This is the very first email in your ConvertKit sequence.
Under 'subject line', you can edit the subject line of this first email. Under the 'status' dropdown menu, you can edit whether this email in your ConvertKit sequence is a draft or active.
Under the 'send this email' dropdown menu, you can select the number of days or hours after the last email that this email should be sent. You can select 0 if you wish this email to be sent out immediately after someone signs up for this ConvertKit sequence. Under this same dropdown menu, you can select the days of the week that this email should be sent out.
Under the 'filter' button, you can select subscribers to be excluded from this ConvertKit sequence, matching any, all or none of the filters you select. These filters can include all subscribers, subscribed to, within segment, cold subscribers, within a country or region, distance from a city or distance from a postal code. You can add as many filter groups as you wish.
Under the 'trash' button, you can select whether you wish to delete this email from your ConvertKit sequence or not. Once you delete this email, it cannot be recovered. Under 'preview', you can view what your email in your ConvertKit sequence will look like in your browser, as well as in an actual email.
Within this box, you can type out everything that will be added to this first email in your sales funnel. You can then select and customize the text you add by making it bold, italic, or deleted, add an unordered list or ordered list, outdent, indent, insert an image, insert a file, insert a link, change the alignment, insert a horizontal rule, change the formatting, view the email's HTML, change the font size, change the font color, and personalize your ConvertKit sequence by inserting merge tags, including subscriber's name, subscriber's name with fallback, subscriber's email address, subscriber's tags and GDPR link.
To add a new email to your ConvertKit sequence, click on 'add email' on the right-hand side. This time let me show you how to edit this email using ConvertKit's new editor. I'm going to click on 'try our new editor' to show you how to do that.
The subject line, status, send this email, filter, trash and preview settings are the same in the new ConvertKit editor as they are in the legacy editor. What changes is the way you add content to the body of the email.
Instead of having a panel up top, you can click on the plus icon that appears on the left-hand side to insert personalization, snippet or a file, change to heading 1, heading 2, heading 3, numbered list, unordered list, or blockquote, insert below an image, button, HTML block, divider or countdown timer.
Once you're done creating your ConvertKit sequence, make sure to click on 'save all' on the top, right-hand side. After this ConvertKit sequence has been sent out to your email subscribers, you can click on 'reports' up top to view the number of those subscribers who are unconfirmed, subscribers, completed, removed, unsubscribers, as well as the ConvertKit sequence's open rate and click rate.
You can also click on 'settings' from the panel up top to set your email settings, including who you're sending the email as and the email template you'll be using, the Convertkit sequence schedule, including the days you'll be sending this sequence and around what time, the subscribers that'll be excluded from this ConvertKit sequence, if you wish to set this to your entire sequence rather than to individual emails, and ConvertKit won't deliver emails to any of your subscribers who have subscriptions to the following selections, even if they're added to this sequence via an automation rule or form subscription, sequence behavior, including whether subscribers should be able to restart this ConvertKit sequence multiple times (no or yes), as well as whether subscribers added via visual automations should stay in the sequence (no or yes).
If you make any changes to these settings, make sure to click on 'update sequence' at the bottom. From these same ConvertKit sequence settings, you can click on 'duplicate' to make a copy of this sequence or 'delete' to remove this sequence from your ConvertKit account.
Now, if you want an email sequence strategy to build out a sales funnel in ConvertKit, here are the email types you should add to your ConvertKit sequence: the why email (why is what you teach important), the education email (such as X reasons why someone needs or should do what you teach), the problem email (including myths or mistakes related to what you teach), the value email (teaching something of value related to what you teach, or even providing your subscribers with preview content), the what's stopping or holding you back email (that addresses your subscribers' concerns), another value email (teaching something of value related to what you teach, or even providing your subscribers with preview content), and lastly the final sales email (that includes frequently asked questions, testimonials and a strong call to action).
If you're serious about building a sales funnel with a ConvertKit sequence, make sure to sign up for a free ConvertKit account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our ConvertKit tutorials playlist for even more ConvertKit tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you'll be following this email sequence strategy in ConvertKit to boost your email list. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to set up ConvertKit automation rules. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CONVERTKIT SEQUENCE: ConvertKit Tutorial On Email Sequence Strategy To Build A Sales Funnel. Wondering how to build a sales funnel using a ConvertKit sequence? In this ConvertKit tutorial for beginners, you'll learn an email sequence strategy on how to set up ConvertKit sequences to make the most out of your email marketing efforts. If you want to do email marketing for beginners, check out this ConvertKit review on how to create email sequence in ConvertKit to grow your email list. So let's get right into this ConvertKit automation tutorial on how to use ConvertKit for email marketing.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try ConvertKit For FREE: https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ ConvertKit Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTfJo-E8L8s&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqtJkoJPQelKJdOI77aaqIhB
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/x3Jfi
○ How To Create A Facebook Business Page: https://youtu.be/sCawD65o5a0
○ How To Make Money On Pinterest With Affiliate Marketing: https://youtu.be/qHxGtEtRkm0
○ How To Create A Pinterest Business Account: https://youtu.be/vHWzOpRWB6s
○ How To Find Low Competition Keywords For Video Marketing: https://youtu.be/69MluYmXONo
○ How To Use Canva To Make A YouTube Banner: https://youtu.be/zZmzVjIuqGg
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!