Wondering how to add a drop shadow in Canva? In this Canva text effects video, you'll learn how to add a Canva drop shadow on an image and how to add a Canva drop shadow on text. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial for beginners with Canva tips on how to use Canva text effect.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. To use Canva text effects, you'll first have to select one of your existing Canva designs you wish to add a drop shadow in Canva to, or add a drop shadow in Canva to a new Canva design by either searching for the design type of your choice using the search bar up top, or using the Canva design suggestions by clicking on the options under where it says 'what will you design'.
Let's say that I want to add a drop shadow in Canva to a new Instagram post design I create. To do so, I'll click on the search bar, and search for 'Instagram post'. Once that option populates, click on it.
There are a number of Instagram post design templates that you can choose from to then add a drop shadow in Canva to, or you can click on 'create a blank Instagram post' up top to start your design from scratch. You can even filter the Instagram post templates by style, theme and color.
I'll go ahead and click on the 'blank Instagram post' option up top to show you exactly how to use Canva text effects to add a drop shadow in Canva. Once the blank template opens, feel free to add any element, upload, photo, text, and more to your Instagram post design in Canva.
For an entire walkthrough of all of the available elements in Canva that you can add to your designs, make sure to watch my video on ‘How To Use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Since we're working with Canva text effects, let's start by adding text to this design so I can then show you how to add a drop shadow in Canva. To do so, click on 'text' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'add a heading'.
Say I'm adding a drop shadow in Canva to this Instagram post promoting this exact video on how to use Canva text effects. I'll type out the name of this video, 'Canva text effects: how to add drop shadow in Canva', make sure that the font is set to Raleway Heavy, the size is set to 80 pixels, the color is set to my brand's dark blue color, and that the text box is centralized on the design.
Since I’m a Canva Pro user, which you can also try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, I can add my own brand kit with my brand fonts and colors to Canva.
If you want to know how to customize those, make sure to watch my video on ‘What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now this is the fun part. Let's go ahead and use Canva text effects to in fact add a drop shadow in Canva. To do so, click on 'effects' from the white panel up top. To get a drop shadow effect in Canva, you can either use the 'shadow' or 'echo' Canva text effects.
As such, I'll first click on 'duplicate page' on the top, right-hand side design to first show you what this drop shadow in Canva would look like with the shadow Canva text effect, and then with the echo Canva text effect. Now that we have two copies of this same design, let's click on the text box on page 1, on 'effects' from the white panel up top, and then on the 'shadow' effect.
Feel free to change the offset, direction, blur, transparency and color of the drop shadow in Canva. I'll set the offset to 100, the direction to -30, the blur to 20, the transparency 25, and the color to dark grey.
Now that we've added a Canva text effect to this first page, let's click on the text box on page 2, on 'effects' from the white panel up top, and then on the 'echo' effect. Feel free to change the offset, direction, and color of the drop shadow in Canva. I'll set the offset to 100, the direction to -35, and the color to grey.
Once you're done adding a drop shadow to your text in Canva, feel free to add any additional element, upload, photo, text, and more to your Instagram post design. I'm going to move the text box with the Canva text effect to the top of the design, and then click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, scroll down until we locate the 'frames' section, and then click on 'see all' next to it.
Scroll down until you locate the desktop frame, and then click on it to add it to your Canva Instagram post template design. Feel free to resize and reposition it.
Let's now click on the back button next to where it says 'frames' to head back to the elements tab. This time let's click on the square icon under where it says 'lines and shapes'. Feel free to resize and reposition it, as well as change its color if you so wish. I'm going to change it to my brand's yellow color.
To complete this Instagram post design which includes a drop shadow in Canva, I'll click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, and drag-and-drop this video's thumbnail into the desktop frame. When you're happy with how your design with Canva text effects looks like, rename yourdesign up top, and then click on the download button.
Feel free to save your design with a drop shadow in Canva as a PNG high quality image or as a JPG small file size image. I'll select 'PNG high quality image', and then click on the download button to save your design with Canva text effects to your computer.
If you're serious about adding a drop shadow in Canva, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you'll be using Canva text effects to make the most out of your Canva designs. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is a Canva animation tutorial. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA TEXT EFFECTS: How To Add Drop Shadow In Canva. Wondering how to add a drop shadow in Canva? In this Canva text effects video, you'll learn how to add a Canva drop shadow on an image and how to add a Canva drop shadow on text. If you want to create a text shadow in Canva and a text mask in Canva, be it to create a drop shadow in Canva, a Canva text shadow or Canva text outline, this how to add shadow to text in Canva video is for you. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial for beginners with Canva tips on how to use Canva text effect.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/WSEg2
○ How To Use Gradients In Canva: https://youtu.be/YT_4JilO600
○ How To Make Canva Templates: https://youtu.be/Wm_hNmLvTLo
○ How To Use Canva For Instagram Post: https://youtu.be/cSA54Gb7YoQ
○ How To Create A Newsletter In Canva: https://youtu.be/rG0KhFOYITg
○ Canva Thumbnail Tutorial With YouTube Thumbnail Template: https://youtu.be/YjM7rEFG81s
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!