How To Add Shadow In Canva (Canva Drop Shadow Effect)
Wondering how to add shadow in Canva and how to use the Canva drop shadow effect? In this Canva tutorial for beginners, you'll learn Canva hacks, Canva tips and Canva tricks on how to add shadows in Canva, be it a drop shadow Canva, text shadow Canva or shadow in photos in Canva. So let's get right into this Canva design video on how to use Canva shadow effect to make the most out of your visual marketing efforts.
First off, if you don't have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. To add a shadow in Canva, after you've logged in to your Canva account, either open up an existing Canva design you want to add a shadow to, or create a new Canva design from scratch to then add a shadow to it.
To open up an existing document in Canva, click on 'your projects' from the left-hand side panel, on 'designs' up top, and then locate the design you want to add shadows to. For guidance on how to create a new Canva design from scratch, make sure to check out my Canva tutorials playlist, which is full of step-by-step Canva tutorials.
I'm going to open up this existing Canva design to show you first how to add a text shadow in Canva, and then how to add a shadow in photos in Canva. To add a text shadow in Canva, I'll select this text box that says 'how to add a shadow in Canva', click on 'effects' from the white panel up top, and then on 'shadow'.
Feel free to change the offset, direction, blur, transparency and color of the shadow in Canva. Offset determines how far the shadow extends, from 0 (shadow doesn't extend at all) to 100 (shadow extends its maximum).
Direction determines the position of the shadow from -180 (counterclockwise) to 180 (clockwise). Blur determines the focus of the shadow, from 0 (shadow is completely focused) to 100 (shadow is completely unfocused).
Transparency determines how opaque the shadow is, from 0 (shadow is completely transparent) to 100 (shadow is completely opaque). Under color, you can click on the color picker to customize your shadow's colors by adding a new color, selecting one of the document colors, choosing one of your brand colors or choosing one of the default colors.
As this little crown denotes, adding your own brand kit with your brand colors is a Canva Pro exclusive feature, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below. If you want to know how to customize those, make sure to watch my video on ‘What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now that you know how to add a text shadow in Canva, let's scroll down to this second page so that I can show you how to add a shadow in photos in Canva. Canva actually has a Canva shadow effect feature to make it super easy for you to add shadows in Canva.
To access that Canva shadow effect feature, click on your photo, which is actually the one we edited in my previous video on 'how to remove background in Canva', if you haven't watched that yet, I'll leave the link to it in the description box below, and then click on 'edit image' from the white panel up top.
If the Canva shadow effect isn't in your recently used section, either use the search bar to locate it by searching for 'shadows', or scroll down until you reach this 'you may also like' section, and the Canva shadow effect feature should be there. Once you locate the shadows effect, click on it.
With shadows by Canva, you're able to add a shadow around your image, and take a 2D image and give it a 3D effect to help it stand out in your design. If you haven't added that feature yet to your Canva account, click on the 'use' button at the bottom.
There are a number of Canva shadows that you can add to your photo: glow, drop (which makes it super easy for you to add a drop shadow Canva), angle, curved, page lift or back drop. Say I want to add a drop shadow in Canva, so I'll select the drop Canva shadow effect.
You can then click on the filters within that Canva shadow effect to select the shadow's direction (top, top-right, right, bottom-right, bottom, bottom-left, left or top-left), offset from 0 (the shadow is as close to the photo as possible) to 8 (the shadow is as far from the photo as possible), angle from -5 (the shadow is to the right) to 5 (the shadow is to the left), transparency from 0 (the shadow is completely transparent) to 100 (the shadow is completely opaque), blur from 0 (the shadow is completely focused) to 20 (the shadow is completely unfocused), and color.
Just as before, you can click on the color picker to customize your shadow's colors by adding a new color, selecting one of the document colors, choosing one of your brand colors or choosing one of the default colors. You can click on 'reset' at the bottom to return to the Canva drop shadows default setting if you so wish, and once you're happy with how your shadow in Canva looks, click on 'apply' at the bottom.
Feel free to edit any other existing elements on this Canva design with a shadow, or to add new ones from the options on the left-hand side panel. For an entire walkthrough of all of the available elements in Canva that you can add to your Canva design with a shadow, make sure to watch my video on ‘How To Use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you're done adding a shadow in Canva, be it a text shadow in Canva or a shadow in photos in Canva, rename your Canva design up top, mine is already set to 'How To Add A Shadow In Canva', and then click on the download button. Click on the file type dropdown, and select which type of file you'd like to save your image with a shadow in Canva as: PNG, JPG, PDF standard, PDF print, SVG, MP4 video or GIF.
I'll select PNG as the file type, make sure that the size is set to 1, leave both the transparent background and compress file boxes unticked, select both pages from the pages dropdown menu to save both the design with the text shadow in Canva and the design with a shadow in a photo in Canva, leave this save download settings box unticked as well, and then click on the 'download' button at the bottom to save this Canva design with shadows to my computer.
If you're serious about adding shadows in Canva, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know where you'll be placing Canva shadows: on an image, on text or on another Canva design element. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create a table in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO ADD SHADOW IN CANVA. Wondering how to add shadow in Canva and how to use the Canva drop shadow effect? In this Canva tutorial for beginners, you'll learn Canva hacks, Canva tips and Canva tricks on how to add shadows in Canva, be it a drop shadow Canva, text shadow Canva or shadow in photos in Canva. Watch this Canva design video on how to use Canva shadow effect to make the most out of your visual marketing efforts. If you want to use the drop shadow effect in Canva this Canva Pro Canva shadows tutorial is for you.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ How To Remove Background In Canva: https://youtu.be/kadIBPtOKqA
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
○ Read The Post:
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/x8dmg
○ How To Remove Background In Canva: https://youtu.be/kadIBPtOKqA
○ How To Make A Logo In Canva: https://youtu.be/srUThS3MP5Y
○ How To Create Mockups In Canva: https://youtu.be/bSTvIcWJ8Hw
○ How To Use Canva For TikTok: https://youtu.be/gptn8r3xGCM
○ How To Find Templates In Canva: https://youtu.be/UXbj_mmfseI
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
#canva #shadows #graphicdesign