Whenever you start your online business, along with all the strategy, it’s also important to have an appealing logo. After all, it’s the identity of your brand. It gives your brand a unique stand in the market among plenty of other similar companies.
A better visual identity is necessary to get recognition. It keeps your customers engaged with your brand, and a well-designed logo will be remembered for a longer time.
Most of the time, people will only recall the logo and that’s the true identity. Your custom logo design must be well prepared to be attractive and shiny after years.
Companies are investing a lot of money in making an outstanding logo as it’s highly important to be competitive with others. Multiple things need to be taken care of while making a logo design, and they must be creative. The design elements should be used wisely so that it gives the proper look in the logo.
When it comes to choosing the logo style, it’s always a point of discussion as there are a plethora of options available. Hi, I’m Marina, and my goal is to help you say "Yes To Tech" by sharing simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs. So, let’s discuss which brand identity design process you must choose for your brand logo.
#1. Wordmark logo
One of the most popular styles of logos. As the name suggests it just includes the name of the brand as the logo.
Designers must make the best use of the fonts because here no other elements are going to be used. The creative use of fonts is required which captures the attention of people.
As the complete focus is on the name of the brand then the font must be appropriate and hold the personality of the brand.
The business logo design of Google and Visa are perfect examples of the Wordmark logo. Therefore, it won’t be a bad choice to opt for this type of logo.
#2. Pictorial marks
Another very popular style of the logo that you can use for your brand. Pictorial marks consist of some symbol, icons, image which is unique and can be used in the logo.
It must be preferred when your brand is popular enough that people can identify just looking at the custom logo design. The brand name must be popular and people must be familiar with it.
The image or symbol you choose to use as the business logo design must be unique and extraordinary, which gives you attention among a lot of others. Designers need to be creative while choosing the image as a logo.
For instance, the logos of Apple and Twitter have implemented it very nicely. Hence, find out the one image or symbol which is attractive for your brand logo to use this style.
#3. Abstract logo
An abstract logo is a form of the pictorial logo style. It also includes some images or symbols. The key difference here is that rather than using an identifiable image, it includes geometric form as its brand identity.
As it’s not restricted to the real-world object, there are wide opportunities that can be included in your logo. It’s all up to the creativity of the designers that what they present in front of the public. Here, they have a great opportunity to showcase some important messages to the customer as it will be a customized design.
For inspiration, you can take an example of the professional logo design of Pepsi, Microsoft, and Adidas, as well as many others available. It will be a great choice if you want to include some of your own designed symbols in the business logo design.
#4. Mascot logo
Another very popular type of logo that you can use for your brand. The mascot is the image of the character that acts as an identity of the business.
You can consider it as the spokesperson of the brand and it must hold the personality of the brand. You can make the character the message you want to evoke to the audience which includes fun, serious, etc.
It makes your brand distinct from others. It’s quite popular in the food industry as a lot of well-known companies have implemented this. You can consider the logo of KFC as it has made the best use of it.
#5. Letter mark
As the name suggests, it includes only letters as the brand logo. It’s somewhat similar to the wordmark, in that usually, people write the name of the brand using only words.
It consists of the initials of the brand name as the custom logo design. As people like abbreviations, you can use it to engage more people. When the brand name is lengthy, this would be the most preferable choice.
Furthermore, as you are going to use the initials of the brand name then the selection of the font becomes vital. The psychology of fonts must be understood by the designers.
You must choose an option which will attract your target audience and which will hold the personality of the brand. Take as examples the logos of IBM and CNN. They have a unique font, which makes the logos appealing.
There are a lot of logo styles available in the market, and every day you may see many more. The discussed styles will let you understand under which situation you should do what.
Now I want to hear from you. Which type of logo design will you be using for your business: wordmark logo, pictorial marks, abstract logo, mascot logo or letter mark? Make sure to leave your comment below.
If you enjoyed this brand identity design process tutorial, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. For more tips, download the free Logo Design Checklist by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out these two videos for more logo tips and tricks, and I'll see you in the next one.
BRAND IDENTITY DESIGN PROCESS. Wondering how to create your brand identity design process? In this brand style guide and logo style guide we'll cover brand management and brand master secrets to come up with your creative strategy and the business of design. Get ready to learn about content marketing and marketing materials of the business of design. If you want to do personal branding this brand manual design education with brand design tips on branding 101 is for you. Use this brand style guide to boost your visual content.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Logo Design Checklist: https://www.yestotech.com/logo-design-checklist
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ Create A Logo Online Playlist:
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com/post/brand-identity-design-process
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/g3ySo
○ Canva Fonts: https://youtu.be/2A4JseASiqM
○ Best Website Builder: https://youtu.be/hpKU938zTKg
○ Wix SEO: https://youtu.be/QF1Qdd2X4mQ
○ Why You Need A Website For Your Business: https://youtu.be/9TAZqOFxJCE
○ Free Landing Page: https://youtu.be/TvrFoaOAV0g
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!