When I was starting out in my business, I was OBSESSED with growing my email list. Each new subscriber that joined my list made me do a little ** happy dance **.
But here's the thing: the MORE subscribers that joined my email list per day, the LOWER my email open rate got. Ugh. Definitely not ideal.
Here are 2 simple email marketing tips I implemented to increase my email open rate that you can copy today to get results. Hi, I’m Marina, and I share simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs as a non-techie entrepreneur.
I could blame the lower email open rate on a number of things. On my welcome sequence, on the content that I was creating, on the day of the week or the time that I was sending out the emails, but that's when a thought hit me: this decline may not be about me, it may be all about them.
So here's what I did to increase my email open rate. I logged into my ConvertKit account, created a new broadcast, and directed it to all of my cold subscribers.
ConvertKit defines a cold subscriber as someone who hasn’t opened or clicked any of your emails in the last 90 days. Yikes.
(For subscribers who've been active for fewer than 90 days, they define cold subscribers as anyone who's been active for at least 30 days and hasn't opened or clicked an email in that time.)
In that broadcast to my cold subscribers, I mentioned that we hadn't talked in a while, sent them one of my most downloaded freebies just because , and said that if I didn't see any activity from their account in the next few days (in other words, if they didn't open or click that email), they would be removed from my list.
Harsh, but true. Why did I do that?
Because it's annoying to get emails that you don't read, or have the intention of reading. And the last thing that I want to do is to contribute to that!
I'd rather have a SMALL list, with people who look forward to opening, reading, and clicking on the content that's inside the email broadcast, than a HUGE list full of people who are completely tuned out.
A week and a half after I sent that email, I sent a follow-up email to those who hadn't opened it the first time round (to do that in ConvertKit, all you have to do is click on 'view report' on a particular broadcast you sent, and click on 'resend to unopens' on the bottom right), and 3 days after that, I unsubscribed from my email list all the people who I didn't hear an answer from.
It hurt a little (ok, to be completely honest, more than a little) seeing a big drop in the number of subscribers I had - but it also was refreshing! And it boosted my email open rate by 10%!
By the way, comment below and let me know if you'd like me to put together a FREE PDF with the exact script I used for the two emails I sent out to my (former) cold subscribers.
I plan on doing this purge every 3-4 months to maintain my email list targeted and with the right kind of people in it.
Another cool tip to increase your email open rate is to use CoSchedule's FREE Email Subject Line Tester.
With it, you're able to create click-worthy subject lines that drive more opens, more clicks, and more conversions.
And it's super simple to use. All you have to do is type your subject line in the box, and click score my subject line.
The tool scores your subject line immediately, right then and there: it's that fast and easy.
You should shoot for a score of 70+ to get a higher than average open rate.
Here are some pointers to create email subject lines that get more opens:
Use at least 2 words proven to increase opens (the Email Subject Line Tester includes a word bank).
Write in title case.
Add a number.
Include about 20 characters.
Shoot for 3-5 words.
Rock at least one emoji.
If you're looking for more tips on how to write the best email subject lines that'll boost your email open rates, make sure to fill out the form in the description box below to download the FREE Email Subject Line Guide.
I hope these 2 simple tricks help you boost your email open rate as well. If you do try them out, make sure to comment below with your results - I'd love to hear how it goes!
If you enjoyed these email marketing tips, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every week on how to navigate the tech side of online business with ease. If you don't have a ConvertKit account yet, click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. For more, download the FREE Email Subject Line Guide I linked to in the description box, check out these two videos for additional email marketing tips and tricks, and I'll see you in the next one.
2 SIMPLE EMAIL MARKETING TIPS TO INCREASE YOUR EMAIL OPEN RATE. Wondering how to increase your open rate in email marketing? In this email marketing for beginners tutorial, you'll learn 2 simple email marketing tips to increase your email open rate. I'll show you email marketing tools to figure out the best email marketing subject lines to increase open rate. This is the ultimate email marketing strategy to boost your email open rate for digital marketing and internet marketing. Watch this email marketing tutorial to increase email open rates fast!
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
~ RESOURCES MENTIONED ~
○ FREE Email Subject Line Guide: https://www.yestotech.com/emailsubjectlineguide
○ Try ConvertKit For FREE: https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Email Marketing Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNL5gEeIhRc&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqu8q0GGFO-LlBMDAq2c363Q
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/9U3X3
~ RECENT VIDEOS ~
○ The Ultimate Guide To Creating A Lead Magnet: https://youtu.be/pL5259Tzg-E
○ 8 Amazing Lead Magnet Ideas For Any Niche: https://youtu.be/h4Oj2knkxUU
○ How To Get Started With Using Snippets In ConvertKit: https://youtu.be/VL1XZPZN5dk
○ How To Make Money With Email Marketing: https://youtu.be/Ma3sfYEL-hA
○ Increase Your Wix Website's Speed With This Easy Trick: https://youtu.be/C5C-Ka-WQA0
~ TOOLS & SERVICES I USE ~
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
~ SHOP MY COURSES ~
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
~ COME SAY HI! ~
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
Tags: 2 simple email marketing tips to increase your email open rate, how to increase open rate in email marketing, email marketing, email marketing for beginners, email marketing course, increase open rate, email marketing tools, open rate, open rate email marketing, email marketing open rates, email open rate, increase email open rates, email open rates, digital marketing, email marketing tutorial, email marketing subject lines, internet marketing, email marketing strategy, yes to tech