Wondering how to setup OBS for webinars? In this OBS tutorial, I'll be sharing how to use OBS studio for business video streaming and webinars.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to create a webinar using OBS so that you can create a more advanced webinar setup that'll look more professional and get you better results. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
First off, if you don't have OBS downloaded on your computer yet, head over to obsproject.com to install it. OBS is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming, so you can get up and running without paying a dime. You can download OBS studio for Windows, Mac or Linux.
Once you've successfully downloaded OBS studio, click on its icon to open it up. When you open up OBS for the first time, it'll ask you to specify what you want to use the program for: either optimize for streaming, recording is secondary, or optimize just for recording, I will not be streaming.
The auto-configuration wizard will determine the best settings based on your computer specs and internet speed. Since we plan on creating a webinar using OBS, select 'optimize for streaming, recording is secondary', and then click on 'next'.
Now we need to specify the video settings we would like to use. Since we are setting up OBS for a webinar that'll be streamed on YouTube, change the base (canvas) resolution from use current, which is 1440 x 900 to 1920 x 1080, and change FPS from either 60 or 30, but prefer 60 when possible to either 60 or 30, but prefer high resolution. Once you're done changing these video settings in OBS studio, click on 'next'.
OBS now asks us to enter our stream information. For service, switch from 'Twitch' to 'YouTube'. To access your YouTube stream key, on YouTube, click on the video camera icon on the top, right-hand side, and then on 'go live'. Make sure that the 'stream' option is selected on the left-hand side, and under 'stream settings', click on 'copy' next to 'stream key'.
Back in OBS studio, paste the stream key in the space provided, and then click on 'next'. It says the bandwidth text is about to stream randomized video data without audio to your channel. If you're able, it's recommended to temporarily turn off saving videos of streams and set the stream to private until after the test has completed. Click on 'yes' to continue.
The program is now executing a set of tests to estimate the most ideal settings. This may take a few minutes. The program has determined that these estimated settings are the most ideal for you. To use these settings, go ahead and click on 'apply settings'.
Now we can start setting up OBS to host our webinar. To do so, click on the plus icon under 'sources'. This is where we can add a number of elements to our webinar stream, including audio input capture, audio output capture, browser, color source, display capture, image, image slide show, JACK input client, media source, scene, syphon client, text, video capture device, window capture, and group a number of these elements together.
When it comes to creating a webinar using OBS, the most important elements to add are your screen as well as your video recording. There are two ways you can add your screen. The first way is by selecting the 'display capture' element. Make sure that 'create new' is selected, as well as 'make source visible', and then click on 'ok'.
Click on 'ok' again under the properties for display capture. By selecting this option, everything that you show on your screen will be visible so if you go from Chrome to Keynote to another application, your webinar attendees will be able to see all that.
The second way to add your screen in OBS studio is by selecting the 'window capture' element. Make sure that 'create new' is selected, as well as 'make source visible', and then click on 'ok'. Under 'window', select the window you wish to be apparent to your webinar attendees, such as 'Keynote'.
By selecting window capture as an element, the only thing that your webinar attendees will be able to view is the window that is selected, so if you open up Chrome, for instance, they will not be able to see that. You can click and drag on the corners of the window capture element to resize it, or right click on it, select transform, and then fit on screen so that it resizes to the complete screen size.
To add your video recording, select the 'video capture device' element. Make sure that 'create new' is selected, as well as 'make source visible', and then click on 'ok'. Under 'device', select the camera that you use, in my case 'FaceTime HD Camera', and then click on 'ok'. You can drag this video recording element to the location of your choice, and resize it so that it appears on the top, right-hand side, for instance.
Once you have finished settings up OBS for your webinar with all of the sources you wish to add, click on 'start streaming' on the right. Now if you head over to the stream tab we were on previously on YouTube, you'll notice your OBS live stream in action. Once you're done hosting your webinar with OBS, click on 'stop streaming' on OBS, as well as on 'end stream' and then on 'end' on YouTube.
If you're serious about creating a webinar using OB, make sure you check out our Webinar Sales Funnel Template by clicking on the link in the description box below to boost your webinar sign up rate, increase the number of people who show up live, and skyrocket your sales.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you'll be using OBS studio for business video streaming and webinars. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for new videos every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am EST. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
BEST WEBINAR PLATFORM. I'm sharing which are the best webinar platforms by doing a webinar platform features breakdown and webinar platform pricing breakdown // Click here to get the Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/J560R
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ OBS: https://obsproject.com/
○ Which Webinar Platform Is Best? https://youtu.be/aE0l-w6Hc7M
○ How To Enable Dark Mode On YouTube: https://youtu.be/G16IrN1SC88
○ How To Premiere A Video On YouTube: https://youtu.be/_tYeZp7SGLg
○ How To Upload Videos On YouTube: https://youtu.be/_9RpJy2M8yE
○ How To Schedule Posts On Facebook: https://youtu.be/otaWO-Tj1X8
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://leadpages.pxf.io/7mx9V
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): http://sendmeto.teachable.com/qr9lh
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS VIDEO:
Obs, obs studio, obs tutorial, how to setup obs for webinars, how to create a webinar using obs, webinar obs, obs webinar, using obs for webinars, how to use obs studio, webinar, webinars, webinar tutorial, how to create a webinar with your obs broadcast, using obs for business video streaming and webinars, how to create a more advanced webinar with obs, how to use obs for your webinar