In this video I’ll be sharing the 3 biggest myths about online business.
The first myth about online business is: you need to be tech-savvy
Guess what? I'm not tech-savvy either! My background is actually in marketing and finance. Maybe if we were living a decade ago and you wanted to take the leap into entrepreneurship and online business, not knowing tech would be a barrier to entry. But thank goodness many things have changed since then.
I use Wix to host and create my website, since it has a drag-and-drop editor, which is dummy-proof. You want to add an image to the very top of the page? Just drag-and-drop it so that it appears there. You want to add a piece of text right below that image? Just drag-and-drop it so that it appears there. You want to add a social media feed to your site's footer? Just drag-and-drop it so that it appears there.
The same thing goes for all the other software I use in my business. I use Canva for graphic design, which is also a drag-and-drop editor. I use ConvertKit for email marketing, which uses an editor similar to a Word processor, so there's no learning curve there. I use Teachable for my online course platform, which we'll be talking about in more detail in a bit, which also has a drag-and-drop editor. Don't let the tech stop you. If I can do it, you can too.
Before we get into the second myth about starting an online business, if you’re new around here, I’m Marina, and my goal is to help you say "Yes To Tech" by sharing simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs.
Let’s get into the second myth about starting an online business: it costs a lot of money to get started
In fact, quite the opposite. You can get started in the online business world with $0. How? This is the funnel I'd recommend. At the very top of the sales funnel is the creation of free, valuable content that your target audience can find online. This can be done via a YouTube video.
You don't need to pay anything to start a YouTube channel, and you can create videos without showing your face if you don't want to. You can even record the videos on your phone, using daylight as your light source. That's actually how I got started on the platform.
Once you've successfully captured the attention of your target audience, it's time to get them to opt in, so that they move one step down on your sales funnel. By getting them to sign up for your email list, you're building your know, like and trust factors, and transforming those once cold leads into warm ones.
To get your leads to sign up for your email list you need to offer them something in return. This can be via a free guide, checklist, spreadsheet, cheat sheet, free class or free consultation.
Just think about a small win that your target audience can get from this piece of content, and create your freebie on that topic. I use Canva to create all of my freebies, which has a very inclusive free version, and ConvertKit to store and send all of these freebies, which also has a free version.
To transform your target audience from warm leads to hot ones so that they can't wait to make a purchase, provide them with a tripwire offer as soon as they sign up for your email list. This tripwire offer is a one-time, low-cost promotion for an entry-level product or service that you offer. We'll be talking more about the different types of products that you can sell online in the 3rd secret, so stay tuned for that.
Before we get into the third myth about starting an online business, if you’re enjoying this video, comment, like and subscribe since it helps YouTube know that you like this content.
The third and final myth about starting an online business is: it takes time to grow an audience and make money
All of us have to start from somewhere. I'm going to provide you with two great places where you can grow an audience fast, even if you're starting from scratch, so that you can start making money in a month. The first one is Facebook groups.
Facebook groups are great since they provide a pool of people who are already hanging out together based on a particular interest. Make sure that you join Facebook groups that allow promotion. Groups with specific daily threads are ideal, since these direct your comments, and make it easier to interact with the other group members.
Here’s the groundbreaking secret to growing your audience with Facebook groups: post in them multiple times a day, be it to promote your lead magnets, to promote your blog posts, to answer questions, to promote your social media channels, or to promote something else.
The second place to grow your audience fast is on YouTube, which is super helpful since, going back to secret #2, that's the very first step in your funnel already. Since YouTube is owned by Google, which, as we all know, is a search engine, if you properly optimize your YouTube videos, it'll easily reach your target audience, not only in the short-term, but also in the months and years to come.
Focus on creating a mixture of trending and evergreen content. Trending content is content that your target audience wants right now, such as information about a new release. Evergreen content is content that doesn't have an expiration date, meaning that it'll always be relevant.
What will make you stand out, though, is creating longer videos than those already on the platform, which also provide better information. For example, if someone is giving 10 tips on a particular topic, provide 15 tips, or even 20 tips.
I’m Marina, and my goal is to help you say "Yes To Tech" by sharing simple tutorials for non-techie entrepreneurs. For more content like this, check out this other video I have right here, and I’ll see you in the next one.
Myths About Online Business (3 Biggest Online Business Misconceptions). Wondering how to start an online business, but are stuck on the biggest online business myths? In this video I’ll be breaking down the 3 biggest online business misconceptions and myths about online business so that you can make money online. If you want to create an online business from home, you better stop believing these misconceptions about online business.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ Financial Independence: 3 Secrets to Finally Quit Your 9-5 Job (Rachel's video): https://youtu.be/_rqcr2796Kw
○ Check Out Rachel's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RachelSmets
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ Try ConvertKit For FREE: https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Try Teachable For FREE: https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/BdlN3
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!