Wondering what is Canva and how does it work? In this Canva tutorial, I'll be answering your most frequently asked questions when it comes to Canva, including is Canva for free? How much does Canva cost? What is Canva good for? And is Canva better than Photoshop? So let's get right into this how to use Canva review.
So what is Canva? Canva is a drag-and-drop graphic design platform that allows you to customize designs by using Canva templates as your starting point, or by adding individual elements to a design you start creating from scratch. If you don't have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free.
When using Canva to create graphics, all you have to do is select a template from the available options, which are all appropriately sized for the type of design you wish to create, or click on 'create a design' up top, and select a custom size, a photo to edit or even a PDF to import.
If you choose a Canva template, for instance, you can either leave this template as is, or add your own content and click on any of the icons on the left-hand side panel to edit this Canva design further so that it looks the way you wish. For more details on how to customize a design in Canva, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
When it comes to pricing, Canva is always free to use for everyone. The Canva free plan comes with everything you need to start designing, including over 250,000 free templates, over 100 design types (social media posts, presentations, letters, and more), hundreds of thousands of free photos and graphics, the ability to invite members to your team, collaborate and comment in real-time, as well as 5GB of cloud storage.
However, if you wish to access even more Canva features, including unlimited access to premium tools and content, you may opt for a Canva Pro account, which costs $12.99 per month for up to 5 people, or $119.99 per year for up to 5 people. Canva Pro comes with everything the Canva Free plan has, plus over 100 million premium stock photos, videos, audio and graphics, over 610,000 premium and free templates with new designs added daily, the ability to easily save and apply your brand or campaign’s colors, logos, and fonts with up to 100 Brand Kits, remove image backgrounds instantly with Background Remover, resize designs infinitely with Magic Resize, save designs as templates for your team to use, 100GB of cloud storage, and schedule social media content to 8 platforms.
For more details on what you can do with a Canva Pro account, make sure to watch my video on 'How Much Is Canva Pro And Is It Worth It To Upgrade To Canva Pro?'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you own a company, you may prefer the Canva Enterprise plan instead, which allows you to empower your team, manage your brand, and scale your content all in one place. The Canva Enterprise plan costs $150 per month for 5 people.
Canva is good for creating all sorts of graphics even if you have no graphic design experience. You can use Canva to design presentations, such as talking presentations and mobile-first presentations, social media graphics, such as posts and stories, videos, such as a video message or mobile video, print products, such as business cards and mugs, marketing materials, such as posters and logos, office materials, such as resumes and reports, and much more.
Some of Canva's top features include photo effects to edit photos, access to an extensive photo, video, audio and template library, access to a number of customization elements, including shapes and lines, graphics, charts, frames and grids, a font library with suggested font combinations, its animations feature, the ability to share your designs directly to your social media platforms, and even pre-schedule those posts, the ability to add a custom brand kit that is accessible from all of your designs, and of course, its easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor.
For more details on what you can do with Canva, make sure to watch my video on '8 Canva Tips & Tricks You May Not Know About'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
You should not use Canva if you're looking to create unique elements, want to use photos, graphics or templates that no one else is using, want to edit photos with extreme precision, and if you want to edit and create designs on the go. Although Canva does have a mobile app, the desktop experience is way better.
For those searching for a Canva alternative, and are wondering "what is better than Canva", the two softwares that are most similar to Canva are Visme and PicMonkey. With Visme, you can create visual brand experiences for your business whether you are a seasoned designer or a total novice. Like Canva, Visme has a free plan, but it limits the number of projects you can create and file types you can save. Its monthly plans start at $15 per month.
If you want to learn more about what you can do with Visme, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Create Graphics With Visme'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
With PicMonkey you can create scroll-stopping images for Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and more. Unlike Canva, PicMonkey doesn't have a free plan, and offers a 7-day free trial instead. Its Basic monthly plan is more affordable than Canva's Pro plan, though its Pro or even Business plans are the ones that are most similar to Canva Pro's plan. When comparing the three, Canva is the option which offers the most features at the most affordable price.
When asked, "is Canva better than Photoshop", I must say that both platforms are unique and likely to be used by different kinds of people for different kinds of purposes. Whereas Canva is easier to use and attracts the non-techy and non-design-savvy crowd, such as small business owners, online entrepreneurs and marketers, who want to DIY the graphics for their business or personal brand, Photoshop is a professional level and more expensive program that has a learning curve but allows you to edit individual elements with greater precision.
For those who want to make money with Canva, that is also an option. You can create unique Canva templates that your audience can then customize and then sell those online. For more details on how to share Canva templates as digital products to sell online, make sure to watch my video on that topic. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you're serious about learning more about how to use Canva Pro and how to use Canva Free, make sure to check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you'll be designing with Canva. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create professional ebook covers with Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
Wondering what is Canva and how does it work? In this Canva tutorial, I'll be answering your most frequently asked questions when it comes to Canva, including is Canva for free? How much does Canva cost? What is Canva good for? And is Canva better than Photoshop? We'll also be covering the differences between Canva Pro and Canva free, the types of Canva templates that are available, how to design with Canva, how to make money with Canva, and even more Canva tips and tricks that you may be curious about. If you've been searching for a Canva tutorial for beginners, let's get right into this how to use Canva review.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How Much Is Canva Pro And Is It Worth It To Upgrade To Canva Pro? https://youtu.be/HmW5FU3h-ro
○ 8 Canva Tips & Tricks You May Not Know About: https://youtu.be/U2XHicdUXDo
○ How To Create Graphics With Visme: https://youtu.be/o0QX3RHMykI
○ How To Share Canva Templates As Digital Products To Sell Online: https://youtu.be/OrsnllHZcXU
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/_fvUq
○ How To Create YouTube Video Transitions With Canva: https://youtu.be/CuPfcGEsj10
○ How To Make Video Lessons In Canva: https://youtu.be/MG-23Oy-jBE
○ How To Edit Videos In Canva: https://youtu.be/ICko9gaWvcs
○ How To Make Instagram Infographics With Canva: https://youtu.be/NCXxsLH6UHA
○ How To Make A 3D Mockup In Canva: https://youtu.be/l5x6WsB0a3w
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!