Today we’re going to talk about how to write a business plan to start your online business. You need to create a business plan for your online business so that you have a clear vision of where your online business is headed. To shift the needle from hobby or side business to full-time profit machine, you need to have a plan of attack so that each piece of content that you create has a particular purpose.
Stay tuned until the end of this video to learn how to create a successful business plan for your online business, and to get a FREE Business Plan Template that you can fill out as you follow along. Also, make sure to subscribe and hit the bell to be notified every Tuesday and Thursday when I post a new video.
Alright, so let’s get right into how to write a business plan to start your online business.
First of all, you need to know the reason why you started your online business. To figure that out, make sure that you’ve answered these 3 important questions: What’s the purpose of your online business? Who are you helping? How will you achieve your purpose?
Here’s an example, using Yes To Tech, my online business, as an example:
What’s the purpose of your online business? To empower you to stand out online, by helping you create a brilliant brand, design a wonder website, and be a traffic generation maven.
Who are you helping? Non-techie online entrepreneurs.
How will you achieve your purpose? By selling targeted online courses.
When answering those 3 questions, you should dive into as much detail as possible. To help each other out, comment below what the purpose of your online business is.
Within your online business’ purpose, also write down your online business’ values, the reason why you decided to start this online business, what differentiates your online business from the competition, what your online business’ brand identity is like (if you don’t know what that is, make sure to watch our video on how to create a brand board using Canva. The link to it is in the description box below and in the cards above, and what are your online business’ goals for the future.
When defining who you’re helping, come up with a complete ideal audience avatar. This ideal audience avatar details your dream client’s age, gender, current and dream job, marital status, household income, location, interests, blogs they follow, magazines they read, goals (both personal and professional), life beliefs, challenges, struggles, stress points, and what they most desire to achieve right now, places they spend their time online and offline, what they do in their free time, social media channels they use, and experts they follow and look up to.
When specifying how you’ll achieve your purpose, work backwards and write down all of the steps you need to complete to reach that goal. Let’s take selling targeted online courses as an example, and work backwards from that goal. To make sales from an online course, you need to have an audience to sell to. In order to have that audience, you need to grow your email list. To grow your email list, you need to have your dream customer sign up for your lead magnet. To have your dream customer sign up for your lead magnet, you need to have a platform, be it a blog, social media channel, or podcast, where they can find you. For your dream audience to find you on your platform, you need to create free content that they can consume, that’s educational and that relates to the topic of your online course.
As such, every single piece of content that you create will take your dream customer on a targeted journey, from free content, to platform, to lead magnet, to email list, to audience member, so that they ultimately enroll in your online course, and become a paying customer.
This makes it much easier for you to create an editorial calendar for your online business. Instead of wondering what to write or create next, you know exactly what kind of content you need to create, and when it needs to be published, in order to achieve your online business’ ultimate purpose.
Let’s cover this in more detail, still using selling online courses as an example. Say that I plan to promote my online course, Traffic Takeoff. To get my audience, both future and existing, ready to purchase my course, I need to get them in the mindset of purchasing an online course on getting traffic to their blog 2 to 3 months before I promote it.
As such, everything I create during this time period will be related to traffic generation, showing my audience why generating traffic is important, and what they need to do to drive traffic to their blog. They will only get the answer to how they should do it in a step-by-step manner once they purchase the course.
When we worked backwards when specifying how we would achieve our online business’ purpose of selling an online course, step 1 was to create free content. This means that each week I’ll write a new blog post and create a new YouTube video for Yes To Tech.
Instead of creating content haphazardly, I’ll make sure that these new blog posts and YouTube videos are related to traffic generation, and include a lead magnet within them. This way, I’ll be attracting my dream customer, and getting them onto my email list. At the same time, I’ll be sending out an email broadcast per week to my existing audience, and posting content on my social media channels, promoting said blog posts and YouTube videos.
When it gets closer to the time to sell my Traffic Takeoff online course, I’ll create a webinar on traffic generation, and invite my audience and dream clients to attend. This webinar will culminate all of the traffic generation topics that I talked about in the blog posts, YouTube videos, email broadcasts, and social media posts that I published. Since my audience members have been appropriately prepped on traffic generation, they’ll be more likely to make a purchase.
Now you know how to create a business plan for your online business. This business plan will help you attract your target audience, create consistent content, boost your sales, and kick stress and overwhelm goodbye. To make your business plan creation process easier, when you click on the link in the description box below, you’ll get a free Business Plan Template that’ll guide you on the essential questions you need to answer to successfully and strategically grow and profit from your online business.
So what did you think of this business plan creation process? Leave your answer in the comment section below, and make sure to click on the link in the description box to get a free business plan template that you can use.
If you liked this video, give me a like below, share it with your friends, and make sure to subscribe and hit the bell to be notified every time we post a new video. Thank you so much for watching, and I’ll see you in the next video!
HOW TO WRITE A BUSINESS PLAN TO START YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS: The Perfect Business Plan Template. Asking yourself do I need a business plan and do you need a business plan? Struggling to create business plan online business so that you can create a business plan online or an online business plan? Use our online business plan template and online business plan sample to create a business plan for creatives. You’ll get tips on how to write a business plan and how to create a free business plan. Use our business plan template and business plan tips on how to write a business plan to start your own business as your business plan how-to guide to create your business plan step by step. You’ll discover how to create a business plan for beginners so that you can come up with a simple business plan and write a business plan step by step. Writing a business plan and business plan writing has never been easier! We cover business plan writing 101 so you learn how to write a successful business plan.
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/0yMbW
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ Free Business Plan Template: https://www.yestotech.com/freebusinessplantemplate
○ BRAND BOARD: Create A Brand Board Using Canva [+ FREE Brand Board Template]: https://youtu.be/r-bl4BAPhDk
○ ESSENTIAL ONLINE BUSINESS TOOLS: 9 Useful Online Business Tools For Online Business: https://youtu.be/nCpccujVYzU
○ HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR BUSINESS FILES USING GOOGLE DRIVE: https://youtu.be/f9E05uzfAN0
○ HASHTAGS INSTAGRAM: HOW TO USE INSTAGRAM HASHTAGS FOR BUSINESS - Hashtag For Business: https://youtu.be/Brf7k_moJBI
○ PROS AND CONS OF WIX 2019: Is Wix The Right Choice For My Online Business? https://youtu.be/1BBbnbmCPEg
○ WEBINAR TUTORIAL: HOW TO DO A WEBINAR WITH LEADPAGES - Webinar Registration, Thank You + Live Pages: https://youtu.be/VLA-QkAjmew
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!