Have you been wondering how YouTubers get paid and how you can make money on YouTube as a small YouTuber? In today's video I'm going to be sharing with you how to make money on YouTube with a small channel, even if you're a beginner. We'll cover how to make money on YouTube videos, as well as other ways to get money on YouTube with these small channel tips so you can grow your YouTube earnings fast
If you don’t know how to get paid on YouTube yet, stay tuned until the end of this video to learn the top 5 ways to make money on YouTube with a small channel, and to get a FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you can use in your online business to save time and boost your productivity. Also, make sure to subscribe and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video. With that said let's go ahead and jump right in.
1. YouTube ads.
This is the first way to make money on YouTube that comes to mind. In order to be monetized on YouTube, and be able to have YouTube ads in your YouTube videos, you need to achieve two metrics: 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time. Many people think that a small YouTube doesn't make much money from ads when they're just starting out, but my very first YouTube check came out to $233.95, which is not bad at all for a small YouTube channel with around 1400 subscribers at the time.
If you'd like a sneak peek of how much money I made on YouTube in the first three months after I was monetized, make sure to watch my video on 'how much money does a small YouTuber make?', and make sure to subscribe and stay tuned for my next video which is actually my 6 month YouTube income report.
An easy way to increase how much money you make on YouTube with YouTube ads is to create videos that are at least 10 minutes long. This is because when your video has at least 10 minutes, you can manually add as many ads as you want during the course of your video. Obviously, if you include 5 ads in a 10 minute long video, your viewers will stop watching your video midway through, but if you include 1 or 2 ads in a 10 minute long video, this increases your chances of making more money on YouTube.
2. Sponsored videos.
As your YouTube channel grows, and you get more and more visibility, brands may reach out to you to create a sponsored video. Your channel doesn't have to be huge in order for that to happen. In fact, a brand first reached out to me to do a sponsored YouTube video back in February 2019 when I had just around 450 subscribers.
A sponsored video is when a brand pays you to promote their product or service in your YouTube video. This can be a dedicated video, in which you talk about said product or service throughout the entire video, or a video mention, where you include a snippet of the product or service in one of your videos.
I actually created these two types of sponsored YouTube videos for Hostinger, which is a web hosting provider. I'll leave the links to both these videos in the description box below so you can check them out.
They paid me a fixed fee for creating the dedicated sponsored video and the sponsored video mention, as well as allowed me to join their affiliate program to increase the amount of money I earned from these YouTube videos by referring my viewers to their platform. This gets us to the next point.
3. Affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is when you refer your viewers to a brand's product or service, and earn a percentage in commission if they sign up or make a purchase. If you're looking for ideas of which affiliate programs are worth joining, make sure to watch my video on the '8 Best Affiliate Marketing Programs For Bloggers'. The link to it is in the description box below.
If you take a look at my description box below, I include a 'discount codes & exclusive offers' section. These are all services that I use and recommend, and will earn a commission from if you click the link and sign up for them as well.
In order to make money with affiliate marketing from your YouTube videos, a great way is to create video tutorials in which you talk about said product or service, and then add your affiliate link in the description box. I have at least one video, if not many more, for each of the affiliate programs that I am a part of. Just head over to my channel page, search for an affiliate program, click on a video, and you'll see my affiliate link there in the description box.
As another example, when beauty YouTubers do a makeup tutorial, they generally include the links to the products they use in their description box. Many YouTubers also include the links to the equipment they use to shoot their YouTube videos, which are affiliate links as well. Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money on YouTube, since you can start doing it from day 1.
When someone finds and starts watching your YouTube videos, you'll become known as an expert in your field. As such, another way to make money on YouTube with a small channel is to offer your services, such as 1-1 coaching, to your viewers.
This is something you can promote at the end of all of your videos, by saying something like 'Want to take what you just learned to the next level? Just click the link in the description box below to apply now'. Contrary to selling your products, which we'll be talking about next, selling your services from your YouTube videos is great since it doesn't involve much prior work or preparation, since you'll be tweaking your knowledge specifically to what your future client is looking for.
If you're searching for a way to make passive income from your YouTube videos, selling your own products is the way to go. These products can be both physical, such as a product you sell on your Etsy store, on Shopify or even on Amazon, or digital, such as an online course, template or workbook.
You can either add direct links to your products in your description box, as you can see in my 'shop the store' section in the description box below, or add a link to an opt in incentive in the description box so that your viewers opt in to your email list, which then connects to a sales funnel. I actually include both options since this increases your chances of making money on YouTube.
If you're selling cheaper items, you can just include the links to them in the description box, but having the sales funnel is better for higher-ticket products, in which you'll need to increase your viewers' like, know and trust factors first so that they're prepped to make a purchase from you. If you need help creating a sales funnel, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Create A Tripwire Landing Page For Your Tripwire Sales Funnel'. The link to it is in the description box below.
Now you know how to make money on YouTube with a small channel so you can grow your YouTube earnings fast. As promised, to download a FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you can use in your online business to save time and boost your productivity, just click on the link in the description box below.
So which of the 5 ways to make money on YouTube will you try first? I'd love to hear your answer and start a conversation in the comments below, and remember to click on the link in the description box below to get your FREE cheat sheet.
If you're new around here, hi I'm Marina Lotaif from Yes To Tech, and I'd love for you to join the family. You can do so by hitting the subscribe button, and if you're already subscribed, and want to be notified every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am Eastern, just click on the bell after you subscribe and you'll be notified every single time I post. I hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you are and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON YOUTUBE WITH A SMALL CHANNEL. Have you been wondering how YouTubers get paid and how you can make money on YouTube as a small YouTuber? In today's video I'm going to be sharing with you how to make money on YouTube with a small channel, even if you're a beginner. We'll cover how to make money on YouTube videos, as well as other ways to get money on YouTube with these small channel tips. Get a sneak peek at small channel YouTube earnings and small channel income by discovering the top ways to make money on YouTube.
FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools to run your online business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/q2Kug
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
- FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools to run your online business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
- How Much Money Does A Small Youtuber Make? https://youtu.be/iDjk21PgAfc
- Hostinger Dedicated Video: Hostinger Review: Best Wordpress Hosting: https://youtu.be/V5MLMRQqoas
- Hostinger Video Mention: 10 Highest Paying Work From Home Jobs: https://youtu.be/jtQUTMrQbEM
- 8 Best Affiliate Marketing Programs For Bloggers: https://youtu.be/pomoLMeXbTM
- How To Create A Tripwire Landing Page For Your Tripwire Sales Funnel: https://youtu.be/yVttWSaODps
- How To Add Logo Watermark To YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/g1DOfYQ6bXY
- How To Create A YouTube Subscribe Link: https://youtu.be/LnZyyp7SKFY
- How To Make A Youtube Banner: https://youtu.be/CFJWkSzUIWI
- How To Post Youtube Videos To Instagram Stories: https://youtu.be/-oWBndRqfx4
DISCOUNT CODES & EXCLUSIVE OFFERS:
- ConvertKit (email marketing software): a 30-day free trial - https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
- Viraltag (social media marketing tool): a 14-day free trial and $15 off - https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
- Leadpages (landing page and website builder): a 14-day free trial - https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
- Interact Quiz Maker (quiz, poll and giveaway maker): a 14-day free trial - https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
- Hostinger (web hosting): 10% off with code YESTOTECH - https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
- Wix (website builder): 50% off yearly premium packages (first time users only) with code EDU_Mar17411703 - http://bit.ly/wixforfree
- Canva Pro (graphic design tool): a 30-day free trial - https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
- Visme (presentation, infographic and visual content creator): a free forever plan until you decide to upgrade - https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
- Teachable (online course platform): a free forever plan until you decide to upgrade - https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
SHOP THE STORE:
- Brilliant Branding: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/brilliant-branding-evergreen/
- Wonder Website: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/wonder-website-evergreen
- Traffic Takeoff: https://mlotaif.lpages.co/traffic-takeoff-evergreen
- Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/webinar-sales-funnel-template
- Canva Crash Course: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/canva-crash-course
- ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/convertkit-tech-training-tutorials
- Power Productivity: https://yestotech.teachable.com/p/power-productivity-premium
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE TECH, TOOLS, AND RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
- Website: https://www.yestotech.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
Welcome to our YouTube channel! It's our mission at Yes To Tech to empower online entrepreneurs, bloggers, and small business owners like you to maximize your online presence - even if you're not tech savvy! Subscribe to our channel for tips and tricks on DIY website creation, social media marketing, e-mail marketing, branding, blogging, webinars, and video creation, for the tech needed when you're just getting started with your online business, and for step-by-step video tutorials created especially for the non-techie online entrepreneur's point of view.
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to conti