Wondering how to add a watermark to a YouTube video and how to create a YouTube watermark? In this YouTube branding watermark tutorial, you'll learn how to add a subscribe button on a video, namely a YouTube watermark subscribe button. So let's get right into this how to create a YouTube branding watermark video which includes a YouTube branding watermark template.
Before you can add a watermark to your YouTube video, you need to create your YouTube watermark. The best place to create a YouTube watermark is on Canva, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below.
According to the guidelines on the YouTube help page, your YouTube video watermark must meet the following criteria: it should be a minimum of 150 by 150 pixels, and be a square image less than 1 MB in size. To create a YouTube watermark that meets those criteria in Canva, log in to your Canva account and then click on the 'create a design' button on the top, right-hand side.
Click on 'custom size' on the bottom, left-hand side. Type in 150 for both the width and the height, make sure that 'pixels' is selected from the dropdown menu on the right, and then click on the 'create new design' button at the bottom.
People usually add either their profile picture or a YouTube subscribe icon as their YouTube watermark. I personally have mine set to a YouTube subscribe icon, but let me show you how to create a YouTube watermark using both options.
To create a YouTube watermark with your profile picture, click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel and either search for an upload you've already added to Canva of your profile picture, or click on 'upload media' to locate and open a profile picture from your files. Once you've located your profile picture, drag and drop it onto your YouTube watermark design.
I'm now going to click on 'add page' on the top right-hand side to show you how to create a YouTube watermark with a YouTube subscribe icon. This time, click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, click on the search bar, and search for 'youtube subscribe'.
Once you've located a YouTube subscribe icon you enjoy, click on it to add it to your YouTube watermark design. Resize and reposition it so that it's centered and occupies most of the space on your YouTube watermark design.
If you wish, click on the color picker up top, and make the background the same red color as the YouTube subscribe icon that you added. If you don't do that, you'll need to save the YouTube watermark design as a PNG in order for this white background to be transparent, which is a Canva Pro exclusive feature. If you wish, you can try Canva Pro out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below.
Once you're done creating your YouTube watermark, rename your design up top, and then click on the download button on the top, right-hand side. Select as the file type either PNG high quality image or JPG small file size image, I'm going to select JPG since the YouTube watermark needs to be less than 1 MB in size, make sure that the size is 150 by 150 pixels, increase the quality to 100, and select the page you'll be downloading as your YouTube watermark (either page 1 with the profile picture or page 2 with the YouTube subscribe icon).
I'll select page 2 with the YouTube subscribe icon, and then click on 'download' at the bottom to save the YouTube watermark you created in Canva to your computer. To add the YouTube watermark to your YouTube video, open up YouTube, make sure that you're logged in to the right YouTube account, click on your icon on the top, right-hand side, and then on YouTube studio.
Click on 'customization' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'branding' up top. Scroll down until you reach this YouTube video watermark section. The watermark will appear on your videos in the right-hand corner of the video player.
Select your YouTube video watermark display time from the available options: end of video, in which the YouTube video watermark will show for the last 15 seconds of the video, custom start time, in which the YouTube video watermark will begin showing at a time you choose, or entire video, in which the YouTube video watermark will show throughout the entire video. I'll select 'entire video'.
Now click on 'change' at the bottom, locate the YouTube watermark you created in Canva from your documents, and then click on 'open' on the bottom, right-hand side. Change the size of your YouTube video watermark image if necessary, and then click on 'done'.
In order to successfully add a watermark to your YouTube video, click on 'publish' on the top, right-hand side. Now if you click on one of your YouTube videos, you'll be able to see the YouTube watermark you added on the bottom right-hand side.
Note that YouTube video watermarks aren’t available on videos set as made for kids. If you previously added a video watermark, but your video is now set as made for kids, viewers won’t see the watermark. The channel watermark is available in landscape view on computers and mobile devices (though it's not clickable on mobile). Channel watermarks do not show on custom YouTube chromeless players or Adobe Flash.
You're able to view how many people click on your YouTube video watermark and as a result subscribed to your YouTube channel in the subscription source report in your YouTube Analytics. To get there, click on 'analytics' from the left-hand side panel, on 'audience' up top, on 'subscribers' and then on 'see more'.
Click on 'subscription source' up top. Those who subscribed from interactive features subscribed to your YouTube channel from interactive features on your videos, such as end screens or YouTube video watermarks.
If you're serious about adding a watermark to a YouTube video, make sure to check out our YouTube tutorials playlist for even more YouTube tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you'll be adding a YouTube branding watermark to your YouTube channel. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to find templates in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO ADD WATERMARK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO (+ How To Create YouTube Watermark). Wondering how to add a watermark to a YouTube video and how to create a YouTube watermark? In this YouTube branding watermark tutorial, you'll learn how to add a subscribe button on a video, namely a YouTube watermark subscribe button. Watch this how to create a YouTube branding watermark video which has a YouTube branding watermark template. If you want to add a watermark in a YouTube channel, this branding watermark subscribe tutorial is for you. Get excited to set a branding watermark!
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ YouTube Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6SabZSsppY&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqvJB5rh5YYivqDhfPSjb70Z
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/5cbbt
○ How To Add Hyperlink In PDF: https://youtu.be/WOPc9WrnLJY
○ How To Edit PDF In Canva: https://youtu.be/rTTg30_X1II
○ How To Add Social Media Icons To Wix: https://youtu.be/VYNrF8tOTuU
○ Adding Downloadable Documents On Wix: https://youtu.be/OHNFhc_idLk
○ How To Optimize YouTube Videos: https://youtu.be/rvsDMhMXdEQ
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!