Wondering how to use gradients in Canva? In this Canva gradient tutorial, you'll learn how to create a gradient in Canva, be it a solid to transparent gradient in Canva or a transparent gradient blender. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial for beginners with Canva tips and tricks and Canva hacks on using gradients in Canva to make the most out of your visual marketing efforts.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. To use gradients in Canva, you'll first have to select one of your existing Canva designs you wish to add a gradient to, or add a gradient in Canva to a new Canva design by either searching for the design type of your choice using the search bar up top, or using the Canva design suggestions by clicking on the options under where it says 'what will you design'.
Let's say that I want to add a gradient in Canva to a new YouTube thumbnail design I create. To do so, I'll click on the search bar, and search for 'YouTube thumbnail'. Once that option populates, click on it.
There are a number of YouTube thumbnail design templates that you can choose from to then add a gradient in Canva to, or you can click on 'create a blank YouTube thumbnail' up top to start your design from scratch. You can even filter the YouTube thumbnail templates by style, theme and color.
I'll go ahead and click on the 'blank YouTube thumbnail' option up top to show you exactly how to use gradients in Canva. Once the blank template opens, feel free to add any element, upload, photo, text, and more to your YouTube thumbnail design in Canva.
For an entire walkthrough of all of the available elements in Canva that you can add to your designs, make sure to watch my video on ‘How To Use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Let's start adding some elements to this design so I can then show you how to use gradients in Canva. The first thing we'll do is add an image to the design's background. To do so, either click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, and upload an image you already added to Canva or click on 'upload media' up top to add a new one, which you can then add to your design, or click on 'photos' from the left-hand side panel to add one from Canva's extensive photo library.
Since I'm a Canva Pro user, I get access to over 75 million premium images, video graphics, and audio, at no extra charge. If you wish to try Canva Pro out for yourself, just click on the link in the description box below.
Once you've located a photo you wish to add to your design to then add a gradient in Canva to, drag-and-drop it onto your design. Let's also add some text overlay to this design. To do so, click on 'text' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'add a heading'.
Say I'm adding a gradient in Canva to this YouTube thumbnail promoting a video on how to use gradients in Canva. I'll type out the name of this video, 'how to use gradients in Canva', make sure that the font is set to Raleway Heavy, the size is set to 80 pixels, and that the text box is centralized on the design.
Now this is the fun part. Let's go ahead and add a gradient in Canva to this design to make it stand out. I'll first show you how to add a solid to transparent gradient in Canva and then a transparent gradient blender.
To add a solid to transparent gradient in Canva, click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, click on the search bar up top, and search for 'square gradient'. Canva has a number of square gradients that you can choose from, but make sure that when you click on it to add it to your design, a color picker appears up top. This way you'll be able to customize the colors in your gradient in Canva.
If you select a gradient that doesn't show the color picker up top, you'll be able to use that gradient as is, both in terms of gradient color and style. I'll show you how to make use of these gradients in a few minutes when I talk about the transparent gradient blender.
Say I want to use this gradient in Canva which has the color picker up top. You can now click on each color picker individually, and change that color to the color of your choice. I'll select as the first color my brand's yellow color, and as the second color, my brand's turquoise color.
Since I’m a Canva Pro user, which you can also try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, I can add my own brand kit with my brand fonts and colors to Canva.
If you want to know how to customize those, make sure to watch my video on ‘What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now that we've added and customized this gradient in Canva, let's resize and reposition it so that it occupies the entire area of the design. Feel free to rotate the gradient so that the colors transition from one into the next in the direction that you wish.
There are two things that we can do now in order to show the content we added underneath this gradient. The first thing is to click on the gradient, and then on the transparency icon on the white panel up top. Reduce the transparency to the percentage of your choice. I'll go ahead and reduce it to 75%.
The second thing we can do is reorder the elements. Still with the gradient in Canva selected, click on 'position' from the white panel up top, and then on backward. This way, the gradient overlays the image that you added as your design's background, but the text that we added appears on top.
I'll now click on 'duplicate page' on top of this design to show you how to add a gradient in Canva using the transparent gradient blender which I mentioned earlier. I'll go ahead and click on the gradient on this second page, and then on delete on my keyboard, but still maintain the background image and text.
To add a transparent gradient blender in Canva, either click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, click on the search bar up top, search for 'gradient' and select a gradient option that doesn't allow you to customize the colors of, or click on 'photos' from the left-hand side panel, click on the search bar up top, search for 'gradient', and click on a gradient photo of your choice.
Just like before, resize and reposition the gradient so that it occupies the entire area of the design. Feel free to rotate the gradient so that the colors transition from one into the next in the direction that you wish.
Just as the name implies, the transparent gradient blender in Canva uses the transparency feature to work. So let's click on the gradient, and then on the transparency icon on the white panel up top. Reduce the transparency to the percentage of your choice. I'll go ahead and reduce it to 75%.
Once you're done using gradients in Canva, rename yourdesign up top, and then click on the download button. Feel free to save your design as a PNG high quality image or as a JPG small file size image, I'll select 'PNG high quality image', and then click on the download button to save your design with a gradient in Canva to your computer.
If you're serious about using gradients in Canva, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know what type of Canva gradient you'll be creating. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to add drop shadow in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
GRADIENT IN CANVA: How To Use Gradients In Canva. Wondering how to use gradients in Canva? In this Canva gradient tutorial, you'll learn how to create a gradient in Canva, be it a solid to transparent gradient in Canva or a transparent gradient blender. If you want to learn how to use Canva for beginners for a Canva gradient, watch this Canva hack video. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial for beginners with Canva tips and tricks and Canva hacks on using gradients in Canva to boost your visual marketing and Canva design efforts.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/bDzX6
○ How To Make Canva Templates: https://youtu.be/Wm_hNmLvTLo
○ How To Use Canva For Instagram Post: https://youtu.be/cSA54Gb7YoQ
○ How To Create A Newsletter In Canva: https://youtu.be/rG0KhFOYITg
○ Canva Thumbnail Tutorial With YouTube Thumbnail Template: https://youtu.be/YjM7rEFG81s
○ How To Use Canva For Business Card Design: https://youtu.be/-1tzZ2JOg_M
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!