Wondering how to use Canva for YouTube thumbnail? In this Canva thumbnail tutorial, you'll learn Canva tips and tricks on how to use a YouTube thumbnail template to make YouTube thumbnails that get more views. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial for beginners on YouTube thumbnail creation to make the most out of your video marketing efforts.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, click on the search bar up top, and search for 'YouTube thumbnail'. Once that option populates, click on it.
Canva has a number of YouTube thumbnail templates that you can choose from, or you can click on 'create a blank YouTube thumbnail' up top to start your Canva thumbnail design from scratch. You can even filter the YouTube thumbnail templates by style, theme and color. Once you've located a YouTube thumbnail template in Canva that you wish to customize, such as this 'Black and Blue Bold Minimalist Business Talk Youtube Thumbnail', click on it to edit it.
Just like with any Canva template, you can click on any of the existing elements on your YouTube thumbnail design, and then on the options that appear on the panel up top to edit them. For instance, let's change the background image to another photo. You can either click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, and drag-and-drop a photo into the YouTube thumbnail's background that you uploaded to Canva, or click on 'photos' from the left-hand side panel, and drag-and-drop a photo from Canva's extensive photo library.
I'm going to choose this second option. From the photo's search bar, I'll search for online business, locate an image that I wish to add to my YouTube thumbnail, and then drag-and-drop that into the background.
Let's also select and delete this 'part 1' text, change where it says 'business talk' to my online business' name, Yes To Tech, and change where it says 'how to start your own business' to 'how to use Canva for Youtube thumbnail'.
We can also change the text fonts and element colors to our own brand fonts and colors. Since I’m a Canva Pro user, which you can also try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, I can add my own brand kit with my brand fonts and colors to Canva.
If you want to know how to customize those, make sure to watch my video on ‘What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
To do so, select a textbox, and then click on the font picker up top. Change the font to one in your brand kit. The same goes for the element colors. Select an element, and then click on the color picker up top. Change the color to one in your brand kit.
Feel free to change any other element on this YouTube thumbnail design, and to add any additional elements, uploads, photos, text, and more to your YouTube thumbnail in Canva. For an entire walkthrough of all of the available elements in Canva that you can add to your YouTube thumbnail design, make sure to watch my video on ‘How To Use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you wish to learn 'How To Outline A Picture For Thumbnails On YouTube', make sure to watch my video on that topic. I'll also leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you're done using Canva for your YouTube thumbnail, rename your YouTube thumbnail design up top, and then click on the 'download' button. Feel free to save your YouTube thumbnail as a PNG high quality image or as a JPG small file size image, and then click on the download button to save your YouTube thumbnail design to your computer.
To add this YouTube thumbnail to your YouTube video, head over to YouTube, and either follow the steps you normally would to upload a new YouTube video, or click your icon on the top, right-hand side, and then on YouTube studio to access your YouTube backend.
If you don't know how to upload videos on YouTube, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Upload Videos On YouTube'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you're in your YouTube studio and want to add a custom Canva YouTube thumbnail to your YouTube video, click on 'content' from the left-hand side panel, locate the YouTube video you wish to add a YouTube thumbnail to, and then click on the pencil icon that appears once you hover your mouse over its title.
Scroll down until you reach the thumbnail section, and click on the three little dots that appear on the top, right-hand side of the first image to access options. Click on 'change', locate the YouTube thumbnail design you created in Canva from your documents, and then click on 'open'. Remember to click on 'save' on the top, right-hand side to make your changes active.
If you wish to learn how to do all of this on your mobile device rather than on a desktop, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Make YouTube Thumbnails Using iPhone'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you're serious about using Canva for YouTube thumbnail, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you'll be using a YouTube thumbnail template in Canva to create your YouTube thumbnail. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create a newsletter in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA THUMBNAIL TUTORIAL WITH YOUTUBE THUMBNAIL TEMPLATE: How To Use Canva For YouTube Thumbnail. Wondering how to use Canva for YouTube thumbnail? In this Canva thumbnail tutorial, you'll learn Canva tips and tricks on how to use a YouTube thumbnail template to make YouTube thumbnails that get more views. If you want to learn how to use Canva for beginners to boost your Canva design, this tutorial Canva video with Canva tricks is for you. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial for beginners on YouTube thumbnail creation to make the most out of your video marketing efforts.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Outline A Picture For Thumbnails On YouTube: https://youtu.be/9MtCFu7nXuk
○ How To Upload Videos On YouTube: https://youtu.be/_9RpJy2M8yE
○ How To Make YouTube Thumbnails Using iPhone: https://youtu.be/QkSQKL6BWrs
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/21Iq2
○ How To Use Canva For Business Card Design: https://youtu.be/-1tzZ2JOg_M
○ Instapage vs Leadpages: https://youtu.be/1s_Dl8BgVlI
○ Leadpages Thank You Page: https://youtu.be/uxZXxx02Elk
○ How To Integrate Leadpages With PayPal: https://youtu.be/BrVaPG63OIM
○ Leadpages Pricing: Is Leadpages Worth It?https://youtu.be/JohzWE8S8_w
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!