Wondering how to make Canva templates? In this Canva tutorial for beginners, you'll learn Canva tips and tricks on how to use Canva to automate your social media content creation with a Canva template. So let's get right into this Canva for education video on how to create Canva templates and how to share Canva templates.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Before you can make Canva templates, you first need to create the Canva design you want to transform into a template.
To do so, after you've logged in to your Canva account, either search for the design type of your choice using the search bar up top, or use the Canva design suggestions by clicking on the options under where it says 'what will you design'.
I'll click on the search bar, and search for 'Instagram post'. Once that option populates, click on it. There are a number of Instagram post design templates that you can choose from, and then customize to transform into your own Canva template, or you can click on 'create a blank Instagram post' up top to start your Canva Instagram post template design from scratch. You can even filter the Instagram post templates by style, theme and color.
I'll go ahead and click on the 'blank Instagram post' option up top. Feel free to add any element, upload, photo, text, and more to your Instagram post template design in Canva.
For an entire walkthrough of all of the available elements in Canva that you can add to your Canva templates, make sure to watch my video on ‘How To Use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Say I want to create a Canva template for this Instagram post design to promote my newest YouTube video. I'll first click on the design at large, and then on the color picker up top, and change the background color to my brand's yellow color.
Since I’m a Canva Pro user, which you can also try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, I can add my own brand kit with my brand fonts and colors to Canva.
If you want to know how to customize those, make sure to watch my video on ‘What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now let's click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, scroll down until we locate the 'frames' section, and then click on 'see all' next to it. Scroll down until you locate the desktop frame, and then click on it to add it to your Canva Instagram post template design. Feel free to resize and reposition it.
Let's click on the back button next to where it says 'frames' to head back to the elements tab. This time let's click on the square icon under where it says 'lines and shapes'. Feel free to resize and reposition it, as well as change its color if you so wish.
Now let's click on 'text' from the left-hand side panel, and then on 'add a heading'. I'll change the text so that it says 'new video', make sure that the font is set to Raleway Heavy, the size is 64 pixels, and the color is my brand's dark blue color. I'll reposition this text box so that it's positioned up top.
Let's now click on 'add a subheading' from the same text tab. I'll change the text so that it says 'add video title here', make sure that the font is set to Raleway, the size is 36 pixels, the color is white, and the text is bold. I'll reposition this text box so that it's positioned below the 'new video' text box.
The last thing I'll add to this Instagram post Canva template is an animated arrow. To do so, click on 'elements' from the left-hand side panel, and use the search bar to search for 'arrow'. Click on the filter icon next to the search bar, click on 'animated' and then on 'apply filters'.
Locate an arrow animation of your choice, and click on it to add it to your Canva Instagram post template design. Feel free to resize and reposition it.
Once you're done creating what will become your Canva template for Instagram posts, rename your Canva design up top, and then click on the three little dots up top. Under the 'share section', click on 'see all', and then on template.
Add this Canva template to an existing folder, or create a new folder if you so wish, and then click on 'add' at the bottom. Once you're ready to publish your design as a template for either you or your team to use, click on 'publish template'.
When your Canva design has been published as a template, it's now super easy to use and customize this Canva template. Let's x out of this popup, and head back to our Canva homepage by clicking on 'home' on the top, left-hand side so that I can show you how to do that.
Before I show you how to customize Canva templates, let me ask you this, how long are you currently spending creating new Canva templates for your business? What if you could save 90% of the time you're currently spending on designing new graphics and create all the graphics you need for your online business in just a few clicks?
That's exactly what you can do with the Online Business Templates Vault. You'll get everything you need to create clickable and eye-catching graphics, worksheets and social media designs so that you can customize everything in just a few clicks to fit in with your brand - even if you're not design-savvy.
If you want to check the Online Business Templates Vault out, I'll leave the link to it in the description box below. Now back to customizing Canva templates.
In your Canva homepage, click on 'your projects' from the left-hand side panel to locate all of your Canva folders. Locate and click on the Canva folder where you saved your Canva template, in my case, Instagram.
Click on the Canva template you just created. If you wish to use and customize this Canva template with a new design, click on 'use this template'. This will duplicate the template you just created into a new design, and leave the original design as is.
If you wish to edit the original Canva template design, click on 'edit original' instead. This will maintain the design as a template, but anything that you add or remove will change the overall Canva template design.
I'll go ahead and click on 'use this template'. As you can see from the title up top, Canva duplicated that Canva template design, so I can edit this design freely, without worrying that my original Canva template will be changed.
What I'll do is add my video title where it says 'add video title here', and insert this video's title, 'how to make Canva templates'. I'll also click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, and drag-and-drop this video's thumbnail into the desktop frame.
Feel free to add any additional elements of your choice to your Canva design. Once you're done editing it, rename your Instagram post design up top, and then click on the download button. Since there's an animation in this design, I'll select GIF under the file type dropdown, and then click on the download button to save the Instagram post design to my computer.
You can either send this Instagram post design you created in Canva to your phone to post it on Instagram at this exact moment, or schedule it to be posted later.
If you wish to send this Instagram post design to your phone to post it on Instagram at this exact moment, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Transfer Photos From iPhone To Mac'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you wish to schedule this Instagram post design to be posted later, there are two ways you can do that: using Canva or a third-party software.
For more details on how to schedule this Instagram post design to be posted later using Canva, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Schedule Instagram Posts With Canva Using The Canva Social Media Scheduler'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
For more details on how to schedule this Instagram post design to be posted later using a third-party software, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Post On Instagram From Computer'. I'll also leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you wish to take things to the next level, and sell these Canva templates as a way to make money with Canva, make sure to watch my video on 'How to Share Canva Templates As Digital Products To Sell Online'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you're serious about making Canva templates, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you'll be automating your social media content creation by designing your own Canva template. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to use gradients in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA TEMPLATES: How To Make Canva Templates (Canva Tips And Tricks). Wondering how to make Canva templates? In this Canva tutorial for beginners, you'll learn Canva tips and tricks on how to use Canva to automate your social media content creation with a Canva template. If you want to find hidden Canva templates and hidden elements Canva, watch this how to use Canva for beginners Canva design video on how to share Canva file as a template. So let's get right into this Canva for education video on how to create Canva templates and how to share Canva templates.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ How To Transfer Photos From iPhone To Mac: https://youtu.be/RF1kX5Ja0x0
○ How To Schedule Instagram Posts With Canva Using The Canva Social Media Scheduler: https://youtu.be/PVCeqmQzYqA
○ How To Post On Instagram From Computer: https://youtu.be/9Y0kPPCzfvw
○ How to Share Canva Templates As Digital Products To Sell Online: https://youtu.be/OrsnllHZcXU
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/2Vyqb
○ How To Use Canva For Instagram Post: https://youtu.be/cSA54Gb7YoQ
○ How To Create A Newsletter In Canva: https://youtu.be/rG0KhFOYITg
○ Canva Thumbnail Tutorial With YouTube Thumbnail Template: https://youtu.be/YjM7rEFG81s
○ How To Use Canva For Business Card Design: https://youtu.be/-1tzZ2JOg_M
○ Instapage vs Leadpages: https://youtu.be/1s_Dl8BgVlI
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!