Wondering how to upload a PDF to Canva and how to edit a PDF in Canva? In this Canva PDF tutorial, you'll learn how to design gorgeous PDF files and lead magnets with Canva to make the most out of your content upgrade. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial for beginners, which can be followed both if you have a Canva free or Canva Pro account, on how to use Canva import PDF and Canva PDF template for PDF design Canva.
First off, if you don't have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. All Canva users, independent of whether you're a Canva Free or Canva Pro user, can upload, customize, and share their PDF documents for free using the Canva editor.
To upload a PDF to Canva, log in to your Canva account, and then click on the 'create a design' button on the top, right-hand side. Click on 'import file' on the bottom, right-hand side, locate the PDF you wish to edit in Canva from your documents, and then click on 'open' on the bottom, right-hand side, or simply drag and drop your PDF file to your Canva homepage to upload a PDF to Canva.
Although importing PDFs into Canva is only available on the web version, you can edit them anytime, anywhere using both the desktop and mobile versions of Canva once it’s uploaded. For more details on 'how to use the Canva app', make sure to watch my video on that topic. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
I'll be opening up this pitch deck as an example, which is actually my husband's pitch deck for the digital bank that he'll be launching next month in Brazil. Just as a side note, with Canva's free PDF editor, the maximum PDF file size is 15 MB, you can import PDF files with up to 15 pages, and they don’t have support (yet) for soft masks, shading, tiled patterns, JPEG 2000 or JBIG images, and color filters.
Canva will upload that PDF and create a new design out of it. You'll be able to locate the PDF file in the 'your projects' - 'designs' section.
If you hover your mouse over it, you can click on the three little dots on the top, right-hand side to make a copy, move it to a folder, download it, share it, get a shareable link, select it or move it to the trash. To edit that PDF in Canva, click on it to open it up.
Canva breaks down all of the elements in your PDF into editable elements so you can convert, annotate, and customize them instantly. Canva tries to identify and match every element during the conversion process.
With many font options available, it’s not always possible to find an exact match. When it comes to having editable image colors, there’s a higher chance of success if the original type is a vector. Flat images can’t be broken down, making them uneditable.
Just like with any regular Canva design, you can click on any of the elements on a page in your PDF document, and then edit them from the white toolbar up top. For a more in-depth tutorial on how to edit Canva designs, make sure to watch my video on 'how to use Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
For instance, on the first page of this PDF document, you can click on the background, logo or text, and then on the color picker up top to change the colors of those. On the second page of this PDF document, you can click on the text to change its font, font size, text color, text appearance, alignment, add it to a list, line spacing, add effects to it, add an animation to it, and click on the three little dots to access even more editing options, including underline, uppercase, position, copy style, transparency, link, lock and duplicate.
You can also use the options that appear on the top right of any page in your PDF to move that specific page up, move that specific page down, duplicate that page, delete that page or add a new page to your PDF document. If you click on a page on your PDF at large, you can click on 'add comment' on the right to annotate pages with comments.
If you add a new page to your PDF document, you can then apply any of Canva's templates to that specific page for easy customization, or click on any of the options from the left-hand side panel to add new elements, including recently used, lines and shapes, graphics, photos, videos, audio, charts, tables, frames and grids, uploads, including images, videos and audio, photos, text, styles, audio, videos, background, charts, all your designs, logos, folders, and more.
To add a clickable link to this Canva PDF, click on the element you wish to add a link to, such as an image or piece of text, click on the three little dots from the panel up top, and then on the link icon. Either enter a link in the space provided to link that element you selected to a URL, or select one of your other Canva designs or pages in this PDF to link to.
Then all you have to do is x out of that link popup to successfully add clickable links to your Canva PDF. For even more details on how to create a clickable PDF in Canva, make sure to watch my video on 'How To Create Clickable Links In Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
If you wish to share this PDF with others, click on 'share' from the panel up top to share your design with others to view and edit. You can type one or more names or emails in the space provided to send them a secure viewable link to your PDF design or grant others editing access to collaborate more efficiently. All you have to do is click on the dropdown menu at the bottom and choose one of the available options: share a link to edit, share a link to use as a template or share a link to view.
If you're a Canva Pro user, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, you can transform this PDF file into another design type. All you have to do is click on 'resize' from the panel up top, choose another design type or design types from the available options, and then click on 'copy and resize' at the bottom.
Once you're done editing this PDF in Canva, click on the download button on the top, right-hand side. Under the 'file type' dropdown, you can turn your PDF into PNG, JPG and SVG files, or save it in PDF again. This PDF type can be PDF standard, which is a small file size, multi-page document or PDF print, which is a high-quality, multi-page document.
If you added any animated elements, audio, video or effects to your Canva PDF, make sure that you save it either as a MP4 video or GIF to capture those elements. In my case, I'll select as the file type PDF print.
If you wish, click on the box to crop marks and bleed, select the specific PDF pages you wish to save from the dropdown menu, or select all pages, and then click on the 'download' button at the bottom to save your edited Canva PDF to your computer.
Alternatively, you can click on the three little dots on the top, right-hand side to choose between publishing your PDF on your social media or as a presentation, website, or an embedded link.
If you're serious about uploading and editing a PDF in Canva, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know what information you'll be adding to your Canva PDF. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to add a hyperlink in a PDF. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
Canva PDF: Upload PDF To Canva + How To Edit PDF In Canva. Wondering how to upload a PDF to Canva and how to edit a PDF in Canva? In this Canva PDF tutorial you'll learn how to design gorgeous PDF files and lead magnets with Canva to make the most out of your content upgrade. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial for beginners, which can be followed both if you have a Canva free or Canva Pro account, on how to use Canva import PDF and Canva PDF template for PDF design Canva. Get ready to design with Canva to make PDF Canva and edit PDF with Canva.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Use The Canva App: https://youtu.be/WX8LtrLKxCA
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Create Clickable Links In Canva: https://youtu.be/OwbBzq6ECyc
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/wVjqE
○ How To Add Social Media Icons To Wix: https://youtu.be/VYNrF8tOTuU
○ Adding Downloadable Documents On Wix: https://youtu.be/OHNFhc_idLk
○ How To Optimize YouTube Videos: https://youtu.be/rvsDMhMXdEQ
○ How To Promote Your YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/XSPEYfDW2a4
○ How To Repurpose Content: https://youtu.be/uFcmEm9dngM
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!