Wondering how to create a favicon with Canva? In this Canva favicon tutorial, you'll learn how to use Canva as a favicon generator to create a favicon for your blog or to create a favicon for your website. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial on how to design a favicon, be it a blog favicon or website favicon, with ease.
So what is a favicon? A favicon is that little icon that appears on the top left of a tab in your internet browser which helps you visually locate and distinguish between tabs. For instance, YouTube has its own logo whereas my website has mine.
To create a favicon with Canva, sign in to your Canva account. If you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Unfortunately Canva doesn’t have a pre-set favicon template, but we can create a Canva design with a custom size to create a favicon with Canva.
The usual favicon size or favicon dimension is 16x16 pixels, but Canva only supports designs that are at least 40 pixels, so we’ll be creating a favicon in Canva that is 48x48 pixels, and then resize it. To create a design that’s exactly that size in Canva, click on ‘custom size’ on the right of where it says ‘what will you design?’, type in 48 for width and 48 for height, and then click on ‘create new design’.
To create a favicon with Canva, you can click on ‘templates’ from the left-hand side panel, and choose one of Canva’s pre-designed templates as a starting point for your favicon, click on ‘uploads’ from the left-hand side panel to either locate an already existing logo you added to Canva or to upload a new one to be your favicon, or even click on ‘elements’, ‘photos’ or ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel to create your own favicon with Canva from scratch.
I’ll be choosing this last option and show you how to create a favicon with Canva from scratch. Let’s first click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel, and click on the circle. Let’s now resize it so that it occupies the entire design, and then click on the color picker up top and change its color to my brand’s dark blue color.
Since I’m a Canva Pro user, I can add my own brand kit with my brand colors to Canva. If you want to know how to customize those, make sure to watch my video on ‘What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Let’s now click on ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel, and on ‘add a little bit of body text’. I’ll be changing the text so that it says, YTT, my brand’s, Yes To Tech’s, initials, reposition it so that it’s in the center of the circle, change the font to Raleway heavy, the size to 16 pixels, and the color to my brand’s yellow color.
I’m happy with how my Canva favicon looks, but feel free to add more elements from the left-hand side panel if you so wish. For an entire walkthrough of all of the available elements in Canva, make sure to watch my video on ‘How To Use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you’ve done creating a favicon with Canva, rename your design up top, I’ll go ahead and type in ‘Canva favicon’, and then click on the ‘download’ button to save it to your computer. I’ll make sure that the file type is set to PNG, and then click on the ‘transparent background’ option so that just this blue circle with the text inside appears, rather than that along with the white square.
This transparent background option is a Canva Pro feature. If you’re not a Canva Pro user, you’ll only be able to save designs without a transparent background, but you can try Canva Pro for free by clicking on the link in the description box below. To save your Canva favicon to your computer, go ahead and click on ‘download’.
Remember that we created this favicon design in Canva that is 48x48 pixels rather than 16x16 pixels? To resize it so that it’s that size, head over to a website called Pixlr Editor, which is a free alternative to Photoshop. When prompted whether you wish to access the Pixlr X or Pixlr E editor, click on ‘launch Pixlr E’.
When asked, click on ‘open image’, locate the Canva favicon you just created, and then click on ‘open’. Now click on ‘image’ from the panel up top, and then on ‘image size’. As you can see, the width and height are both set to 48 pixels. Change those two numbers to 16, and then click on ‘apply’.
To save this resized favicon, click on ‘file’ from the panel up top, and then on ‘save’. Rename your favicon file if you so wish, and then click on ‘download’.
You have now successfully created a favicon in Canva, and resized it so that it’s in the correct favicon size. As a bonus, I’ll be showing you how to add this favicon to your website, so head over to your website creation platform.
Since I use Wix, I’ll be showing you how to add a favicon to Wix. If you want to create a website with Wix, and don’t have a Wix account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free.
Once you’ve logged in to your Wix account, hover your mouse over the website you want to add a favicon to, and then click on ‘select site’. In your Wix website’s dashboard, click on ‘settings’ from the left-hand side panel, and then on ‘website settings’.
Scroll down until you reach the ‘favicon’ section. Click on ‘update image’, on ‘upload media’ on the top, left-hand side, and then on ‘upload from computer’. Locate the favicon you created in Canva and then resized with Pixlr Editor, and then click on ‘open’. Once your favicon uploads, click on ‘choose file’ on the bottom right to add it as your website’s favicon.
If you're serious about creating a favicon with Canva, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you'll be using Canva to design a favicon for your blog or website. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to use Canva to design T shirts. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA FAVICON: How To Create A Favicon With Canva. Wondering how to create a favicon with Canva? In this Canva favicon tutorial, you'll learn how to use Canva as a favicon generator to create a favicon for your blog or to create a favicon for your website. If you've been wondering what a favicon is, this favicon tutorial on how to create a favicon in Canva using the best favicon design tips is for you. So let's get right into this Canva tutorial on how to design a favicon, be it a blog favicon or website favicon, with ease.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ Try Wix For FREE: http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/E2deK
○ How To Create A Popup Menu In Wix Using A Wix Lightbox: https://youtu.be/846cIDhsl6I
○ Connecting A Domain Name You Own To A Wix Website: https://youtu.be/YXiDJerV_yc
○ How To Create A Drop Down Menu On Wix: https://youtu.be/RGwNVDD2SGw
○ Wix Mobile Optimization Using The Wix Mobile View: https://youtu.be/ECtFqZs_nNs
○ How To Contact Wix Support: https://youtu.be/A2gS5Pp7oI8
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ Online Business Templates Vault: https://bit.ly/onlinebiztemplates
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to help you navigate the tech side of online business with ease - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!