IGTV Tutorial: How To Upload IGTV On Instagram Feed [How To Upload Video On IGTV]
Have you been wondering how to upload videos on IGTV? In this IGTV tutorial, I'll show you two ways to upload longer videos on Instagram by using IGTV, how to upload vertical videos on IGTV and how to upload horizontal videos on IGTV, as well as how to upload IGTV videos on your Instagram feed.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to use Instagram TV to upload a video on IGTV. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
The first way we'll be covering how to upload videos on IGTV is how to upload a vertical video on IGTV that you recorded using your phone. This video clip needs to be at least 1 minute long, since that's the minimum required length a video must have to be uploaded on IGTV.
To gain access to IGTV, download the IGTV app from the App Store or from Google Play, sign up in the IGTV app (if you're already logged in to your native Instagram account it will automatically use your profile), click on the settings gear icon in the right hand corner, and then, if you don't have an IGTV channel yet, click “create channel”, and you'll be good to go.
To upload this vertical video to IGTV, click on the plus sign up top, select the vertical video clip that's at least 1 minute long. A preview of your video will appear, and then click on 'next' up top.
This is where you can add a cover photo either from a static frame from your vertical video or from your camera roll. Once you've added a cover photo, click on 'next'.
This is where you can add a title and description to your IGTV video, add your IGTV video to series, toggle this button to upload this IGTV video on your Instagram feed, toggle this button to make your IGTV video visible on Facebook, as well as click on 'advanced settings' to tag a business partner. Once you're done making edits, click on 'post' up top to upload this vertical video on IGTV.
The second way we'll be covering how to upload videos on IGTV is how to upload a horizontal video on IGTV that's on your computer, such as a YouTube video that you wish to repurpose for IGTV.
Since IGTV only accepts vertical videos, we'll be using Canva to transform your horizontal video into a vertical video that can be uploaded on IGTV. To do so, head over to Canva, which you can try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, and use the search bar to search for Instagram story. When the Instagram story option populates, click on it.
If you scroll down this page, you'll see a number of Instagram story templates that you can customize, or if you prefer, you can select a blank Instagram story to start from scratch. Don't worry too much which Instagram story template you choose since you can always change it later.
Once you've selected a Instagram story design to customize, click on it to edit it. As I mentioned, if for some reason you wish to change this Instagram story template to another one, you can click on 'templates' from the left-hand side panel to start fresh with another Instagram story design.
Just like with any regular Canva template, you can click on any elements on the page to customize them, such as the background, text and images, or click on any of the options from the left-hand side panel to add new photos, elements and text into your Instagram story design.
For more details on how to customize a Canva design, make sure to watch my video on 'how to use Canva'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you're done customizing your YouTube end screen, rename your Canva design up top, and then click on the 'download' button. You can either download this YouTube end screen design as a PNG or JPG file, and then click on the 'download' button again to save your YouTube end card to your computer.
The most important part of using Canva to create a vertical video design from a horizontal video to upload to IGTV, is actually embedding your video onto your design. To do so, click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side menu, 'upload an image or video', locate the video file that, again, needs to be at least 1 minute long, and then click on 'open'.
After your horizontal video has been uploaded and processed, drag-and-drop it onto the location of your choice, and you'll have successfully converted the horizontal video into a vertical video design so that it can be uploaded on IGTV.
Once you're done customizing your Instagram story design with a horizontal video inside, rename your Canva design up top, and then click on the 'download' button. Make sure that your file type is 'mp4 video', and then click on the 'download' button again to save your video to your computer.
Send yourself that video file to your phone. If you don't know how to do that, make sure to watch my video on 'how to transfer photos from your iPhone to a Mac', I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Now on your phone, all you need to do is follow the same steps as before to upload your video on IGTV. On IGTV, click on the plus sign up top, and select the video clip that you just created in Canva. A preview of your video will appear, and then click on 'next' up top.
This is where you can add a cover photo either from a static frame from your video or from your camera roll. Once you've added a cover photo, click on 'next'.
This is where you can add a title and description to your IGTV video, add your IGTV video to series, toggle this button to upload this IGTV video on your Instagram feed, toggle this button to make your IGTV video visible on Facebook, as well as click on 'advanced settings' to tag a business partner. Once you're done making edits, click on 'post' up top to upload this former horizontal video on IGTV.
If you're serious about uploading videos on IGTV, make sure you check out our FREE content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas below this video to learn more about how you can get more views, click-throughs and conversions on Instagram.
Make sure you comment below and let me know what the longer video you upload to Instagram using IGTV is about. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for new videos every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am EST, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to make Instagram videos for business. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
IGTV TUTORIAL: How To Upload Videos On IGTV. Learn how to upload vertical videos on IGTV, upload horizontal videos on IGTV + upload IGTV videos on your Instagram feed // Click here to get your FREE content calendar: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/m37Sl
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ Get A FREE 30-day Trial Of Canva Pro: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ FREE content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ How To Transfer Photos From Your iPhone To Your Computer: https://youtu.be/RF1kX5Ja0x0
○ How To Make A Square Video: https://youtu.be/n3vzbuW3jJ0
○ How To Grow Your YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/-hmwBLJ9dng
○ How To Create A YouTube End Screen Template: https://youtu.be/eg73xjtX0Yc
○ How To Get Copyright Free Music For YouTube Videos: https://youtu.be/qkgYOfjdGgc
○ How To Create An Animated YouTube Intro / Outro Fast: https://youtu.be/8r0Q3CLLRMc
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse