How To Add Subtitles To An Instagram Video: Make Video Subtitles For Instagram With Just 1 Click
Have you been wondering how to add captions to Instagram videos? In this Instagram tutorial, I'll show you how to make video subtitles for Instagram so that you can add captions to your videos.
By the end of this video, you'll know exactly how to create caption subtitles for Instagram videos so that your followers can engage with your content and connect with you on a deeper level even if their sound is off. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, hit the subscribe button and the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
We'll be using a website and app called Headliner to add captions to our Instagram videos. If you don't know how to create videos specifically for Instagram, make sure to watch my video on 'how to make Instagram videos'. I'll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Although you can upgrade to a Headliner Pro or enterprise / API plan, I use the Forever Free version, which allows you to create up to 10 unwatermarked videos per month.
Once you've logged in to your Headliner account, it'll prompt you to select what type of project you'd like to create: an audiogram wizard, which turns audio clips into short videos with a waveform to share on social, a full episode, which turns up to two hours of audio into video, a video transcript, which automatically transcribes your video's audio into captions, or a podcast autovideo, which transforms each episode of any podcast into shareable videos.
Since we want to add captions to Instagram videos, let's go ahead and choose 'video transcript'. When asked to select an aspect ratio for your video transcription, choose the square option which is the one tailored to make video subtitles for Instagram posts, and then click on 'next'.
Now either drag-and-drop or select a video file from your documents that you want to add a caption to, and then click on 'open'. Once your video has been selected, choose the video transcription language, and then click on 'next'.
If you so wish, you can clip your video that you want to make subtitles for by dragging the handles at either end of the blue box. Remember, Instagram videos that are uploaded to the Instagram feed can only be up to 1 minute long. Once you're done clipping your video, click on 'create project'.
Headliner will now add captions to your Instagram video. This may take a few minutes, so make sure you don't refresh your screen until the video transcription is ready.
Once your subtitles are ready, they will appear on the left-hand side under the 'transcript' tab. If you prefer, you can manually add some text and customize it to look how you want using the text track.
Under the 'transcript' tab, you can edit the video transcript that Headliner created for you by double clicking on the text, you can copy each subtitle block individually into your timeline, you can add a new text block, you can delete text block, and you can play a selection.
To copy all of the video captions that Headliner created into your video, click on this button up top, and then click on 'copy captions'. To change how your video captions appear on your video, click on the filter icon next to the text track, and from the subtitle popup that appears, change your text's font, size, appearance, color, alignment, shadow, position, blur, caption style, custom, and transitions.
Once you're done editing how your captions look like, click on 'save'. Just note that saving will overwrite the styles of all text boxes on this track. If you wish to change how your video captions appear in just a specific section, click on that section, and then follow the same steps as before.
You can always click on the 'play' button to preview how your Instagram video will look with captions. When you're done editing your subtitles for Instagram, click on 'export' to get your finished Instagram video.
Up top you'll be able to see how many unwatermarked videos you have left this month, add your email address, determine the frame rate, video quality and video size, and if you have a Headliner Pro account, you can also add an intro clip, add an outro clip, and export your Instagram video super fast rather than at normal speed.
To download your Instagram video with captions, click on 'export my video'. Once your Instagram video is ready, click on 'download it here' to save it to your computer, copy the Instagram video with subtitles' URL to view or share, or upload the file to a cloud storage account. If you're using the app version of Headliner on your phone, you can also post your Instagram video with captions directly on social media.
If you're serious about adding captions to Instagram videos, make sure you check out our FREE content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas below this video to learn more about how you can get more views, click-throughs and conversions on Instagram.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you'll be creating caption subtitles for Instagram videos. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for new videos every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:45am EST, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to download Instagram videos. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
HOW TO ADD CAPTIONS TO INSTAGRAM VIDEOS: Make Video Subtitles For Instagram. Learn how to create caption subtitles for Instagram videos to add captions to videos // Click here to get your FREE content calendar: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/eu39P
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE content calendar with 30 days of Instagram content ideas: https://www.yestotech.com/instagramcontentideas
○ Headliner: https://www.headliner.app/
○ How To Make Instagram Videos: https://youtu.be/pfd_gi2rNzY
○ How To Upload Videos On IGTV: https://youtu.be/K4leki0yQcU
○ How To Make A Square Video: https://youtu.be/n3vzbuW3jJ0
○ How To Grow Your YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/-hmwBLJ9dng
○ How To Create A YouTube End Screen Template: https://youtu.be/eg73xjtX0Yc
○ How To Get Copyright Free Music For YouTube Videos: https://youtu.be/qkgYOfjdGgc
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif