Canva YouTube Banner: How To Use Canva To Make A YouTube Banner (YouTube Channel Art)
Wondering how to use Canva to make a YouTube banner? In This Canva YouTube banner tutorial, you'll learn how to create YouTube channel art using Canva. So let's get right into this Canva video tutorial on how to make a banner on Canva.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, click on the search bar up top and search for 'YouTube Channel Art'.
With Canva’s YouTube banner maker, you’ll never upload a pixelated banner to YouTube again since they already size the YouTube channel art templates to 2560 x 1440 pixels. All of Canva's templates are made to perfectly fit YouTube’s banner requirements.
Feel free to choose between the general YouTube channel art template or, depending on your niche, choose a more specific YouTube banner template, including beauty YouTube channel art, travel YouTube channel art, livestream YouTube channel art or music YouTube channel art. I'll go ahead and click on the general YouTube channel art template.
Canva has a number of YouTube banner templates that you can choose from, or you can click on 'create a blank YouTube channel art' template up top to start your Canva YouTube banner design from scratch. You can even filter the YouTube channel art templates by style, theme and color. Once you've located a Canva YouTube banner template that you wish to customize, such as this 'Purple Gradient Music Youtube Channel Art' template, click on it to edit it.
As you can see, most of the important information in this Canva YouTube banner, such as the YouTuber's photo, posting times and what viewers can expect from her channel, is placed right in the center of the YouTube channel art. This is the safe area where you can add your information without being cut off on different screen sizes.
If you wish to be even safer about it, head over to Google, search for YouTube banner text and logo safe area, head over to images, and download one of these safe area images. Now back in Canva, click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, 'upload media', click on the YouTube banner safe area image you just saved, and then click on 'open'.
Click on the YouTube banner safe area image to add it to your YouTube channel art design, and resize it so that it occupies the entire space of the design. Click on 'position' from the white panel up top, and then send the YouTube banner safe area image to the front.
We can now add gridlines in Canva to ensure that all of the elements that we add to this YouTube banner are within the safe area that will be visible on all devices. To add gridlines in Canva, click on 'file' 'show rulers', and then click on the ruler and drag gridlines to the positions of your choice.
Now that the safe area has been demarcated, we can go ahead and delete the YouTube banner safe area image. We can also select all of the elements within this YouTube channel template, I'm just clicking and dragging my mouse to select them all, and resize them so that they fit within the safe area.
Once everything is in the appropriate positions, you can go ahead and customize your YouTube channel art to look the way you wish. Just like with any Canva template, you can click on any of the existing elements on your YouTube banner design, and then on the options that appear on the panel up top to edit them. For instance, let's change 'live streaming every 8-9pm' to new videos every Tuesday and Thursday, change 'electronic music' to Yes To Tech, and all the new DJ names to tutorials for non-techie online entrepreneurs.
Let's also change the font to my brand's Raleway font and the color of Yes To Tech to my brand's yellow color. Since I’m a Canva Pro user, which you can also try out for free by clicking on the link in the description box below, I can add my own brand kit with my brand fonts and colors to Canva.
If you want to know how to customize those, make sure to watch my video on ‘What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Let's also replace this photo with one of my photos. I'll go ahead and click on 'uploads' from the left-hand side panel, locate a photo of myself, and then drag and drop it where the current photo is.
Lastly, let's change the element colors. To do so, click on any element, such as this rectangular banner, on the color picker from the white panel up top, and then change it color to any color of your choice. Repeat this process until you've changed the color of all the elements.
Feel free to change any other element on this YouTube banner design, and to add any additional elements, uploads, photos, text, and more to your YouTube channel art in Canva.
For an entire walkthrough of all of the available elements in Canva that you can add to your YouTube banner, make sure to watch my video on ‘How To Use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
Once you're done using Canva to make a YouTube banner, rename your YouTube channel art up top, and then click on the download button. Feel free to save your YouTube banner as a PNG high quality image or as a JPG small file size image, I'll select PNG high quality image, and then click on the download button to save your YouTube channel art to your computer.
To add this YouTube banner we made in Canva to your YouTube channel, open up YouTube, click on your icon on the top, right-hand side, and then on 'YouTube studio'. Once in your YouTube studio, scroll down through the options on the left-hand side panel, click on 'customization', and then on the 'branding' tab up top.
Scroll down until you reach the 'banner image' section. As you can see, I have already added a banner image to my YouTube channel. To add the new YouTube banner we made in Canva, click on 'change', locate the YouTube channel art design from your documents, and then click on 'open'.
As you can see, since we created this YouTube banner within the YouTube banner safe area, it's viewable on all devices. Go ahead and click on 'done' to add the YouTube banner to your YouTube channel.
If you're serious about using Canva to make a YouTube banner, make sure to sign up for a free Canva account by clicking on the link in the description box below, check out our Canva tutorials playlist for even more Canva tips and tricks, as well as our FREE cheat sheet with brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Leave a comment below and let me know what information you'll be adding to your Canva YouTube banner. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel so that you can navigate the tech side of online business with ease, and stay tuned for our next video which is about YouTube keyword research on how to find low competition keywords for video marketing. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA YOUTUBE BANNER: How To Use Canva To Make A YouTube Banner (YouTube Channel Art). Wondering how to use Canva to make a YouTube banner? In This Canva YouTube banner tutorial, you'll learn how to create YouTube channel art using Canva. If you want to learn how to make banner for YouTube channel using Canva and how to use Canva for YouTube thumbnail, this YouTube banner Canva tutorial is for you. So let's get right into this Canva video tutorial on how to make a banner on Canva. Get pumped to use a YouTube channel art template Canva to in this Canva YouTube banner tutorial.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ What Is A Canva Brand Kit + How To Customize A Canva Pro Brand Kit: https://youtu.be/hcl_efJMX6Q
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ Canva Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN54oF5-8Ec&list=PLbLPqE_rHXqt9Jf9Q4gO0dbNaGPZkLiPz
○ Read The Post: https://www.yestotech.com//post/canva-youtube-banner-how-to-use-canva-to-make-a-youtube-banner-youtube-channel-art
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/6aq0b
○ Canva Animation Tutorial: https://youtu.be/4ay60qo63ig
○ How To Add Drop Shadow In Canva: https://youtu.be/IHwmWz0YrGI
○ How To Use Gradients In Canva: https://youtu.be/YT_4JilO600
○ How To Make Canva Templates: https://youtu.be/Wm_hNmLvTLo
○ How To Use Canva For Instagram Post: https://youtu.be/cSA54Gb7YoQ
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate