Wondering how to adjust the duration of your animations in Canva? In this Canva tutorial, you’ll learn Canva animation hacks to control the length of your animations in Canva.
By the end of this video, you’ll know exactly how to make a Canva animation faster and how to make a Canva animation slower so that you can speed up or slow down your Canva animation video. If you're excited about this video, make sure you like this video, subscribe for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and hit the bell to be notified every time I post a new video, and with that said let's jump right in.
First off, if you don’t have a Canva account yet, just click on the link in the description box below to sign up for free. Hold up. Did you notice that overlay that just appeared on the screen when I was talking about Canva, that appeared and disappeared right when I wanted it to? You can do just that by adjusting the duration of your animations in Canva.
Once you’ve logged in to your Canva account, either open up an existing design that you want to add an animation to, or create a design from scratch. If you need some inspiration on what to create, I actually have a number of Canva animation tutorials that you can check out: how to create videos with animations and music in Canva, how to create animated GIFs with Canva, how to create animated social media posts with Canva, how to create an animated YouTube intro or outro fast, and how to create animated Instagram stories with Canva. I’ll leave the links to them in the description box below.
Let me show you how easy it is to add an animation to a static image that’ll serve as an overlay for your YouTube video, and control its length so that it starts and ends right when you want it to. To do so, click on the search bar and search for YouTube thumbnail. Once that option pops up, click on it, and then click on ‘create a blank YouTube thumbnail’ on the following page.
Just like with any regular Canva template, you can click on any of the elements on the left-hand side panel to customize this design. For more details on how to customize a design in Canva, make sure to watch my video on ‘how to use Canva’. I’ll leave the link to it in the description box below.
I’ll go ahead and click on the color picker up top, and change the design’s background to my brand’s dark blue color.
Click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel, and then on lines to add a solid line to the top and bottom of the design, and change that to my brand’s yellow color.
Click on ‘elements’ again from the left-hand side panel, and then on shapes to add a circle to the center of the top line, and change that to my brand’s yellow color.
Click on ‘elements’ from the left-hand side panel, and then on shapes, to add a rectangle to the center of the bottom line, and change that to my brand’s yellow color.
Click on ‘text’ from the left-hand side panel, and then on ‘add a heading’. Change the text so that it says ‘create a Canva account for free’. Make sure that the font is set to Raleway Heavy, the size is 120 pixels, the color is white, and all the letters are capitalized by clicking on the three little dots from the white panel up top, and then on ‘uppercase’.
Click on ‘text’ again from the left-hand side panel, and then on ‘add a heading’. Change the text so that it says ‘link in description box’. Make sure that the font is set to Raleway Heavy, the size is 42 pixels, the color is black, and all the letters are capitalized by clicking on the three little dots from the white panel up top, and then on ‘uppercase’.
To add a Canva animation to this static design, click on the design at large, and then on ‘animate’ from the white panel up top. There are a number of page animations that you can add to your Canva design: block, fade, pan, rise and tumble, and if you’re a Canva Pro user, which you can try out for free by clicking on the description box below (see what I did there again?), you can also add the stomp, baseline, pop, neon, and scrapbook animations to your Canva design.
To edit the timing of this Canva animation, just click on the stopwatch to the right of the animations panel, and either drag the little circle to the left to make the animation shorter or drag the little circle to the right to make the animation longer, or even input in the little box the exact duration you want your Canva animation to be.
Since you’re adding this Canva animation as an overlay to an already recorded video, you can even check in your video editing software, in my case iMovie, the length of what you’re talking about, such as click in the link in the description box below to create a Canva account, and add that exact number to this box.
So with that said, let’s set the animation for this Canva design as tumble, and the duration of this Canva animation to 4.6 seconds. You can click on ‘preview’ from the panel up top to see what this animation looks like.
You may have noticed that the animation starts with movement, but ends as a static image. If you want to override that, and have the animation both start and end with movement so that it more seamlessly integrates with the video you’re editing, for instance, click on ‘add page’ on the top, right of your design.
Now if we click on ‘preview’ from the panel up top again, you’ll see the tumble animation in effect both at the start and end of the duration you set. The cool thing is that this animation looks the same, even if you download the design without this second page that we just added.
So let’s go ahead and do just that. Rename your Canva animation design up top, and then click on ‘download video’. Make sure that the file type is set to MP4, that just the first page is selected, and then click on ‘download’.
Once your Canva animation design has been downloaded, import it to your video editing software, and place it in the timeline right where you want it to go. Now if we preview what this looks like, you’ll notice that the Canva animation you just created appears instead of whatever was there before, and that it starts and ends exactly when you set it to do so.
If you're serious about adjusting the duration of your animations in Canva, make sure to check out our FREE cheat sheet with 9 brilliant tools that you should use below this video to learn more about how to save time and boost your productivity in your online business.
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you’ll be using the Canva animation feature to make your Canva animations longer or shorter. If you liked this video, make sure you give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel down below for easy tutorials on how to stand out online, and stay tuned for our next video which is about how to create silver and gold letters in Canva. As you wait for my next video to go live, check out these two videos I have right here, and I'll see you in my next video.
CANVA ANIMATION TUTORIAL: How To Adjust The Duration Of Your Animations In Canva. Learn Canva animation hacks to control the length of your animations in Canva // Click here to get your FREE cheat sheet: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
CLICK TO TWEET: https://ctt.ac/8b79D
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
○ FREE Cheat Sheet With 9 Brilliant Tools To Run Your Online Business: https://www.yestotech.com/onlinebusinesstools
○ Try Canva For FREE: https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ How To Create Videos With Animations And Music In Canva: https://Youtu.Be/Ikeshgicceg
○ How To Create Animated GIFs With Canva: https://Youtu.Be/_e3x8_efx5g
○ How To Create Animated Social Media Posts With Canva: https://Youtu.Be/Ina_09tx2uw
○ How To Create An Animated YouTube Intro / Outro Fast: https://Youtu.Be/8r0q3cllrmc
○ How To Create Animated Instagram Stories With Canva: https://youtu.be/diWTo3ym4Jo
○ How To Use Canva: https://youtu.be/Q0M7PSfcL94
○ Read The Post:
○ How To Make Animated Subscribe Button For YouTube Channel For Free: https://youtu.be/NXH7to5HR78
○ How Much Is Canva Pro And Is It Worth It To Upgrade? https://youtu.be/HmW5FU3h-ro
○ How To Create An Instagram Carousel With Canva: https://youtu.be/OipBnwNJang
○ How To Change Background Color On Instagram Stories: https://youtu.be/48U6J4Fb6pI
○ How To Create + Use Instagram Polls: https://youtu.be/nTLi9gIXAQY
TOOLS & SERVICES I USE:
○ Graphic design tool (Canva Pro): https://canva.pxf.io/jA4Q5
○ DIY website builder (Wix): http://bit.ly/wixforfree
○ Landing page builder (Leadpages): https://try.leadpages.com/yestotech
○ Email provider (ConvertKit): https://convertkit.com/?lmref=7SUoRg
○ Surveys & experience management (SurveySparrow): https://surveysparrow.grsm.io/yestotech
○ Quiz, poll & giveaway maker (Interact): https://www.tryinteract.com/#oid=59709_4020
○ Web hosting (Hostinger): https://www.hostinger.com/yestotech
○ Paid products platform (Teachable): https://teachable.sjv.io/c/1134751/933427/12646
○ Pinterest pin scheduler (Tailwind): https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/yestotech
○ Visual content creator (Visme): https://partner.visme.co/?ref=MarinaLotaif
○ Social media management (Viraltag): https://viraltag.grsm.io/MarinaLotaif914
SHOP MY COURSES:
○ Canva Crash Course: https://bit.ly/yttcanvacrashcourse
○ Fill In The Blanks Website: https://bit.ly/fillintheblankswebsite
○ Jumpstart Your Sales: https://bit.ly/yttjumpstartyoursales
○ Brilliant Branding: https://bit.ly/brilliantbrandingcourse
○ Wonder Website: https://bit.ly/wonderwebsitecourse
○ Traffic Takeoff: https://bit.ly/traffictakeoffcourse
○ Webinar Sales Funnel Template: https://bit.ly/webinarsalesfunneltemplate
○ ConvertKit Tech Training Tutorials: https://bit.ly/convertkittechtraining
○ Power Productivity: https://bit.ly/powerproductivitycourse
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://bit.ly/youtubeyestotech
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES: https://www.yestotech.com/resources
COME SAY HI!
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Website: https://www.yestotech.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yestotech
○ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/yestotech
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yestotech
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarinaLotaif
I'm Marina, the brain behind Yes To Tech. Think of me as your fairy godmother of tech, so that you can grow your online business fast without stress or overwhelm. It's my mission to empower you to stand out online - even if you're not tech savvy! New videos go live every Tuesday and Thursday :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!